Cody Walker is a dog

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I wish hetho was on when walker started all that. Would of loved to see him knock out walker and gagai wouldn't of even cared if it was a send off. Can't stand them dogs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dirty deeds.. you know the rest .!!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Plus to the scummy reporters that lurk here, report on that you dickheads
Looks like the reporters are reading your posts...

"Early in the match, footage showed Walker stepped on the ankle of Bulldogs forward Corey Waddell as he was tackled by Souths players.

But worse was his elbow to Meaney's head, which happened in the first half as the young Bulldogs fullback was held in a tackle."

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
And Hetherington is penalised for missing with a shoulder charge; and the team is given a warning about aggression.
I said in the game thread pre match that Bulldogs have been penalized off the park whenever we show aggression for at least 5 years now. Its a big reason the lads are despondent.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was a low act.

The one I think is going to haunt the game is the crusher on Cam Murray.

How can it be avoided if a player deliberately turns his back, and pushes hard into the defense, who have to stop him crossing the tryline? If a player chooses to turn, drive backwards, and drop low to force the ball over the line- a "crusher" tackle is almost inevitable with the defence reaching over to wrap up the ball and keep him from forcing it.

This is something the rule makers need to address; otherwise everyone will be scoring easy tries, or milking soft penalties.

Murray is a quality player, but I've noticed he's becoming a bit like Canberra's Croker, milking penalties near the tryline. He's better than that.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cody Walker under scrutiny for errant elbow in Rabbitohs win over Bulldogs

Cody Walker will face scrutiny for an errant elbow in South Sydney’s win over the Bulldogs, as coach Wayne Bennett said his star was on the ‘angry pills’.

South Sydney’s Cody Walker is in danger of facing suspension for an elbow on Bulldogs fullback Nick Meaney in the Rabbitohs 38-0 win over Canterbury on Good Friday.
Walker appeared to strike Meaney in the back of the head midway through the first half – the incident was not spotted by referee Grant Atkins but is expected to attract the interest of the match review committee.

It could sideline Walker for next Thursday’s match against Brisbane.

“I can’t remember that incident,” Walker said.

“But in any game we’re trying to win a game of footy. What happens on the field stays on the field, we shook hands after the game and that’s where it’ll stay.”

It was a fiery encounter throughout despite South Sydney’s dominance and Walker was embroiled in a melee with Kyle Flanagan later on in the match.

“It’s just spur of the moment. It’s a big occasion here, Good Friday at Stadium Australia, massive crowd,” Walker said.

“The Dogs are always a gritty side and every time we play against them they’re a hard team to break down.”

Walker could also be in hot water for seemingly stepping on Corey Waddell’s ankle in the early stages of the match.

If Walker is sidelined for a week it could open the door for Benji Marshall to make his run-on debut for the Rabbitohs.

Souths coach Wayne Bennett could see the funny side of things at least.

“I’ll check the medication he’s taking,” Bennett said.

“There was obviously something going on there. He had the angry pills in today.”

Walker was one of South Sydney’s best, scoring two tries and setting up another with a pinpoint kick to Alex Johnston.

His combination with Damien Cook was on song, with the Test and Origin hooker creating both of Walker’s tries.

Through the middle of the field there are few more dangerous combinations in the competition.

“There’s a few different things I look for (when Cook runs), but I’m not going to give them away.

“I understand when he’s about to jump and my job is just to keep up with him cause he’s so quick.

“It’s been a combination we’ve grown over the past couple of years.”

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was so cheesed off at the way the referee viewed incidents in this game. No consistency in the way players are treated nor the penalties given. Walker and Mitchell are two of the biggest grubs in the game yet the bloke in the middle has the temerity to punish us for being "too aggressive" when one of our players does not even connect with a shoulder charge. Just hate the way the little peacock Mitchell puffs his chest out when he does the one thing in a game that commentators cream themselves over. Most of the time he stays off the ball and when faced with being tackled quickly shuffles it onto one of the wingers so they can take the tackle.