Reaction score
Nevermind. Monday-itis :-).

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can the admin of this site consider a policy to address the above? The world is consumed by conspiracy theories right now and there’s a few TK users continuing to post easily debunked misinformation to push preferred outcomes and beliefs regardless of the truth. It pollutes the forum and the web more broadly given how easily disproven it is. That can hardly be classified as ‘free speech’ or similar. Blocking users shouldn’t be the answer, but having an effective policy to say the site does not agree with it is better. Thanks.
Who decides what is misinformation?

Like when we say we say we think refs are influencing game outcomes?

Or someone gives a tip on a player signing and it proves to be wrong?

I assume you mean just Covid and vaccine, or lizards ruling us or lasers starting bushfires type stuff?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback. I’ve reported this thread for mods and admin to discuss. TBD.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think this site should concentrate of Rugby League. The political posts only create arguments without any winner.
And why is there a post on bloody soccer.
Good point. Stopping misinformation on here, stops the political threads.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Short of inciting violence or hate speech, I am not for censuring anyone. If this “misinformation” can be easily debunked, then have that discussion and do so, or just roll your eyes and don’t respond.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair enough, though neither of those approaches seem to stop it rolling in.
Meh, just ignore it. Tbh the Lounge and in particular the political threads are chock full of BS IMO, I just don’t get involved.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Sometimes ‘misinformation’ is just a differing level of value you put on an interpretation.
‘I’m muslim and I think only muslims should marry other Muslims for a healthy family’ is true for one person because of their values and misinformation for others.
Other ‘misinformation’ might be an unconfirmed rumour.
I remember when I told everyone Andrew Hill won’t be renenewed and people was ‘you misinformation’ but it was true. Same with my JAC oil, my Steve Price oil, the Batman oil, the agm to remove the board etc
At some stage in all that, people said that wasn’t true but history showed Nasheed was, as always, right.
There is also jokes said in sarcasm or with dry delivery that some people might miss. Which I think is what happens when people criticise ‘flat earth theory’. They are misinterpreting peoples jokes.
So basically misinformation is too hard to interpret.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think this site should concentrate of Rugby League. The political posts only create arguments without any winner.
And why is there a post on bloody soccer.
*football not soccer. Get it right

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For what it's worth @DinkumDog

Can't see your original post, but understand it was about the conspiracy theories etc. Agree that it can be a bit much, but don't thik it's something that can be policed. Too hard imo.

It's all opinions and perspective. Something to me that seems crazy, may be something serious for others. Impossible to really know who's 'right' if I'm honest.

Think it's about scrolling past or blocking those that annoy you. Not sure what else they can do.

Some calling for league only ... then those people just need to stick to the league part of the site. Personally think it's great that we've got all these different areas to go to.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Either this is a stupid thread or I am so stupid I don’t get it. (how’s that for a free swing...)
A lot of posts were either removed by admin or taken down by DD himself. I don't know but ... yes. It doesn't make much sense when you can't see the original comment :grinning:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
For what it's worth @DinkumDog

Can't see your original post, but understand it was about the conspiracy theories etc. Agree that it can be a bit much, but don't thik it's something that can be policed. Too hard imo.

It's all opinions and perspective. Something to me that seems crazy, may be something serious for others. Impossible to really know who's 'right' if I'm honest.

Think it's about scrolling past or blocking those that annoy you. Not sure what else they can do.

Some calling for league only ... then those people just need to stick to the league part of the site. Personally think it's great that we've got all these different areas to go to.
All good mate. I removed the original post and put it down to Monday-itis last week.

I just think misinformation can be dangerous because it targets the vulnerable and often their money. Especially when it’s continually posted with zero evidence and often easily debunked.

But as they say - fools and their money are often parted - just look at Trumps ‘Save the Election’ fund that raised $76m and how that turned out. Betcha I know where most of it is too. Suckers...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All good mate. I removed the original post and put it down to Monday-itis last week.

I just think misinformation can be dangerous because it targets the vulnerable and often their money. Especially when it’s continually posted with zero evidence and often easily debunked.

But as they say - fools and their money are often parted - just look at Trumps ‘Save the Election’ fund that raised $76m and how that turned out. Betcha I know where most of it is too. Suckers...
Misinformation is extremely dangerous. The difficult thing is creating a process of seperating what legit information and what misinformation is. Slippery slope.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Misinformation is extremely dangerous. The difficult thing is creating a process of seperating what legit information and what misinformation is. Slippery slope.
Yeah but some is deadset obvious.
Anyway, other things to focus on.
People who aren’t suspicious or willing to look for corroborating or debunking information and just rip the pitch fork out, well, you can’t save ‘em all.

Status
Not open for further replies.