Opinion A change up after round 3

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think Tolmans tight defense (your words) would have resulted in us playing more minutes attacking in their half.
The way I saw it was we couldn't get out of our half and as the game wore on it took its toll.
Einstein we scored 0 points...we let in 28. Im talking about stoping the 28 points.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No need to be a cockhead about it, asked you a simple fucking question.
Sorry I thought you were being combative, my bad read.

To start over...

No i dont think he would've helped us in attack, infact i agree with you and most others on here than he was a liability in attack, however his defence was outstanding particularly in this very inexperienced team. Remember defence wins as many games as attack does. At the moment we have neither...at least with him in the middle we were stronger and tighter. At this rate we are in for a hiding.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Steep learning curve here, showed effort in defense but those quick flat balls to the man in space killed us.
Take the lesson out of the loss and use it ourselves.
Next week if its dry we should be able spread a bit more and see if our wingers are fast if not kick to them.
Get the fullback involved in attack, support the ball runner and see if he is quick.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dwz may have done the whole club a favour for next week with his late shot on cleary.. He's making Mitch brown look like an immortal at present!

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry I thought you were being combative, my bad read.

To start over...

No i dont think he would've helped us in attack, infact i agree with you and most others on here than he was a liability in attack, however his defence was outstanding particularly in this very inexperienced team. Remember defence wins as many games as attack does. At the moment we have neither...at least with him in the middle we were stronger and tighter. At this rate we are in for a hiding.
Im not great at putting into words/writing what Im thinking so the way I worded some of my sentences may have seemed like I was being a smart arse from the get go which wasnt my intent.
Apologies for calling you a cockhead, its not acceptable to be speaking to others that way.

I agree with your comments in regards to Tolmans defense and how we would have been worse off for not having him the last couple of years.
I too understand your points about defense winning games.

I thought today the first 40 mins defense wasnt brilliant but wasnt the main problem. I thought the we were struggling to gain good field position and oppotunites near the try line. When we did the 2 or 3 times I think there was a little bit of panic/inexperience having trouble creating those opportunies and Flano didnt make those opportunities count.
Then we just got hammered, where slow to play the ball and had no rhythm with Katoa which led to a couple of errors.

It was always going to be a tough gig and Im not overly disappointed, think I was more upset with last weeks loss.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No point in trying to name a side for next week as it won't be good enough because the club fucked up the top 30 selections... We need Topine and Schoupp in the 17 but can't pick them
They are no better then what we have. We need quality experience first graders if we want to compete and be taken seriously. Not pie in the sky pipe dreams with juniors. Thats been our problem for 4 years..."Lets utilise the best young talent available"...ok might work in group 6 out Camden way but certainly not going to work in the NRL against seasoned and experienced professionals. Juniors are important to nurture and develop incrementally over multiple seasons not throw permanetly into First grade.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dwz may have done the whole club a favour for next week with his late shot on cleary.. He's making Mitch brown look like an immortal at present!
Love him or hate him, he was clearly our best player on the field today.. by a country mile tbh.. no one came close...

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love him or hate him, he was clearly our best player on the field today.. by a country mile tbh.. no one came close...
I agree with that, i also want to mention that i actually liked Mitch Brown lol. Thought he was good. So was Wright

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We can't continue to carry Hoppa in the centres.. teams are targeting him with ease and success..

Napa also needs a stint in reggie's to harden up and get some match fitness.. he's extremely underdone atm..

As for the halves, I'd like barrett to give them free reign, because there's certain things he's said interviews that makes me think, he has them keeping it simple for the time being... It's clearly not working..

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s the problem we drop avo and put who in wakeham ? Lewis ? We complain about the players we got but there is no one to replace them like Katoa today jmk came on and did what fuck all? Replacing shit with shit

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s the problem we drop avo and put who in wakeham ? Lewis ? We complain about the players we got but there is no one to replace them like Katoa today jmk came on and did what fuck all? Replacing shit with shit
I thought JMK was solid, without being spectacular. He made no errors, and got through a lot of tackles for the time he was on field. Unlike Katoa he did try to run a couple of times, but nothing came of it. You know what you are going to get with JMK, he puts in effort, he'd go alright in a team playing with confidence and with some genuine experienced superstars in it.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought JMK was solid, without being spectacular. He made no errors, and got through a lot of tackles for the time he was on field. Unlike Katoa he did try to run a couple of times, but nothing came of it. You know what you are going to get with JMK, he puts in effort, he'd go alright in a team playing with confidence and with some genuine experienced superstars in it.
I don’t think he did fuck all tbh just didn’t throw forward passes we are lacking in the 9 department

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jack H - plenty more to give
Flanno - very good player , will only improve
Avo - has a lot of potential
Jmk - was alright at 9, if he runs more he will do ok

I know I will get a hiding for saying jmk, but man this team is shit house ,only got what we got an no more until burton etc arrive..21 will suck like 20.!!!