Opinion A change up after round 3

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Couldnt care less, today was another embarrassment and changes are needed. Lewis didnt play reggies today at all. He was rested...i believe because if Avo had a bad game today he would get a call up for next week.
We can only play Too 30. Who's in your new backline?

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if he has any injury concerns? Seemed like Lewis was on ice ready to play till the last moment...
Saw Lewis in the Box infront of me. Seemed in good spirits laughing with the blokes around him...dont think Avo had injury concerns just think he isnt ready for FG yet. Wakeham and Lewis far ahead of him imo.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What did we miss from Tolman then? Panthers had 43/50 sets compared to our 25/30. Our tackle efficiency was still higher than them despite that, our play the all speed was also faster. What's Tolman doing to change any of this?
He keeps defense tighter around the ruck but that is it these days on the field at least. He would have low impact runs and kill the 4th tackle options. Can't believe people are looking back with nostalgia on Tolman of all players. What a mess this is.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No point in trying to name a side for next week as it won't be good enough because the club fucked up the top 30 selections... We need Topine and Schoupp in the 17 but can't pick them
Yeh, cause both had 'blinders' in the reserve grade thrashing, lol

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Rd 3 team.

1. Meaney
2. Okenbor
3. Allen
4. Cotric (Nick)
5. Katia
6. Lewis
7. Flanagan
8. Mariner
9. JMK
10. Ogden
11.Elliott
12. Waddel
13. Jackson
-
14. Averillo
15. Doorey
16. Stimson
17. Atoni

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
No point in trying to name a side for next week as it won't be good enough because the club fucked up the top 30 selections... We need Topine and Schoupp in the 17 but can't pick them
Nasheed here,
Was sup with that.
I remember one day we just randomly added 6 no names to our top 30. Doorey wasn’t there at the time.... but Romanous was?
Schoupp couldn’t get even a development contract? But Pickens could?
Not that he needs it. The guy is nearly 20. If he isn’t in the 30 this year he makes his debut at 21? For the best junior centre in the game? Please.
He’s going to get picked up elsewhere

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need to bring in a OMealey type to start development of some aggression in forwards maybe assistant reserve grade coach or 20s coach. Our big problem is zero go forward. You could have Andrew John’s playing behind that pack. And we would still be beaten by 20 plus each week. Get some go forward then we can get excited again. Easy way to start is in the forwards who would you rate high enough to make opposition teams each week. My opioni. Jackson hethrington on bench Elliot. The rest would not get a start against Newcastle and the Riff. We are in trouble this year.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure Baz realises our pack is now too small after the stupid weight loss regime which is why he has persisted with Ogden as the starting prop. He is not a starting prop but we have no other sizable front rowers other than Napa who was injured most off season...FYI i was there today and watching live it looked like he came off limping quite obviously

Reactions: ATT

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If pay had a beard he would be stroking it right now smoking a cigar and sipping his blue label.
I think he’s still around. Could of sworn it was him that fronted the Bulldogs post game press conference...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think he’s still around. Could of sworn it was him that fronted the Bulldogs post game press conference...
Oh sheet I was kinda thinkin the same thing.

Still sounded better and more focused than Dean but we don't want to see a broken man like that fronting up each week.

Sick of excuses but realisticly they all have to play their very best footy bc they aren't as talented as the opposition.

No point in getting too depressed.
It's been a wasted past 3 years and another 3 to get back to some sort of competitive Top 4.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do we miss Tolman? Our problem today was getting out of our own end. Our forwards were making 20m each set of 6. There’s no way in the world Tolman’s 3 meter hit ups would have helped
I said defence dipshit

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa needs to go back to FB
Avo needs to move to centres
Lewis back into 5/8 or even 7 and Flano to 5/8.
Meaney dropped to reggies
Allen to 3
Cotric to 2
Nappa to either get fitter or dropped permanently.
Kato dropped for King starting at 9
Chris Smith on Bench for Waddell
So pretty much like previous years when we were shithouse?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fcuk rnd 3 and Fcuk 2021... Get ready for a very lean year of schooling.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Must say it, we miss Tolman in the middle defending. But you guys know better of course.
I dont think Tolmans defensive efforts would have made a diferance. We had no muscle in the forwards and having Tolman running 3 metre settlers wouldn't have made a difference.