News Bulldogs head sponsor Arthur Laundy calls on Panthers to let Matt Burton leave club

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe I just don't think Laundy deserves mountains of praise for giving a modest sponsorship and constantly running to the media to get his name in the paper but that's just me. Good on him for sponsoring the club but apart from that he still has a lot to prove and when/if he does he will get his deserved credit from me.
It sounds like he’s been pretty helpful with negotiations & looking after the players and their families too. I’m happy we got a new sponsor I’d actually heard of. Did we end up finding out how much he has sponsored?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It sounds like he’s been pretty helpful with negotiations & looking after the players and their families too. I’m happy we got a new sponsor I’d actually heard of. Did we end up finding out how much he has sponsored?
Its a below average amount that I was told from the club but don't have a dollar figure.

I'm sure Arthur will be happy he can get his regular ads in the paper by speaking the media as another benefit to his sponsorship too.

He's done pretty well for himself when you think about it.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
I've got no problems with Laundy being vocal. More pressure on Penrith to release him.
After Brandy made it clear nothing's fair let's play dirty and get vocal. Might be controversial but is Burtons mental health being considered?

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Instead of talking to the press he should have offered a brown paper bag to secure the release!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When's the last time you saw an article or report giving you uncle Nicks thoughts on anything?
When he was at Belmore, scouting our young talent! The guy doesn't need to say much he's the godfather of rugby league, what uncle Nick wants, uncle Nick gets!

Reaction score
If he’s that rich why doesn’t he just bribe Cleary and the Penrith management with an offer they can’t refuse silently. That should do the trick. Just drive past Ivan’s house for a coffee and drop off a bag with $500k worth of $100 bills.
or he could call round with a big dump trunk and drop a $500k load of 5c coins on his front lawn

Malla

Reaction score
Love it. Hope he keeps harping on about this until it happens.

Also note it's not about the club, not once has Laundy mentioned we want him here because it will make us a better football team (even though its blatantly obvious) - it's all about Burton and allowing him to get his opportunity. Penrith have made it about them, Brandy's episode on 360 was disgraceful and a PR nightmare. Hope this keeps dragging out as the longer it does the more it will fuck Penrith.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Its a below average amount that I was told from the club but don't have a dollar figure.

I'm sure Arthur will be happy he can get his regular ads in the paper by speaking the media as another benefit to his sponsorship too.

He's done pretty well for himself when you think about it.
I guess the figure was also below average because it was late in the season and during covid.

It’s what smart sponsors do and yep he’s done well. The media will lap up the comments and as long as he knows where to draw the line I’m happy. I’ve disclosed a business relationship with Arthur so maybe I’m a bit biased but he’s a very smart man and you don’t get that rich for nothing

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess the figure was also below average because it was late in the season and during covid.

It’s what smart sponsors do and yep he’s done well. The media will lap up the comments and as long as he knows where to draw the line I’m happy. I’ve disclosed a business relationship with Arthur so maybe I’m a bit biased but he’s a very smart man and you don’t get that rich for nothing
Of course Arthur is going to do the best for himself and his empire that's in his best interests.

He is going to be the first person journo's ring now because they know he's good for a quote. It's like playing Russian roulette the more you talk to the media the more chance of saying something you don't mean or more likely the media twist the words. With the amount Laundy talks its only a matter of time till it happens and at the end of the day he is currently a sponsor and nothing more we don't need a running commentary from him.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Like a nagging kid. Keep asking until Mum and Dad cave in.
Averillo will be fine, if Burton comes I’ll be moving Avo straight into the centres.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s only round 2 ffs. He’ll play in their top team come mid season. Dogs really need to give up on this shit and focus on averillo. All this bullshit will be affecting him mentally big time
Thanks for your feedback Cleary! Lol

I agree, im sick of hearing about it too. Penrif should just release him FFS!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know some people here are anti-Laundy but I’m happy with him agitating for a release of Burton. We all know Penrith have no legal obligation blah blah blah but it’s making them look like *****.

Releases work both ways. If a club don’t want you ie Mansour you’re gone. If you want more money elsewhere you generally get a release because clubs don’t want an unhappy player and also don’t want to turn future recruits off. Cleary is a massive hypocrite. Imagine if his chin had wanted a release to join him at the Tigers
If Burton was a star regular first grader on a big contract, and he wanted an early release, then fair enough penrif, stick to your guns. But this is not the case, and he is out of pocket some $300k, and won't be playing regular fg this year. For these reasons he should be released.
Anyway, its not going to happen, lets just move on.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not really there’s a big difference. Uncle Nick usually just gets what he wants quietly while Laundy shots his mouth off in the media.
Right again Spoon
To me it is attention grabbing...Free advertising !
How long will this go on for ?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Burton was a star regular first grader on a big contract, and he wanted an early release, then fair enough penrif, stick to your guns. But this is not the case, and he is out of pocket some $300k, and won't be playing regular fg this year. For these reasons he should be released.
Anyway, its not going to happen, lets just move on.
Burton is on a minimal contract at Penrith
He would be on 250k if comes to us
Do the calculation flamebouyant :grinning: