Thoughts ?

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Katoa played average compared to elite hookers but I think he will learn a lot from the game

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forwards as a team played like powder puff girls, Elliot went well, Jacko defended well.

Flanagan was a shining light and our best by far.

Hoppa was our worst when considering the experience he should have.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the other 3 hookers from the games on Friday showed us what we're missing.
Exactly bro, a hooker is more than a bloke who just passes a ball, he's gotta have vision, nouse, skill, confidence and leadership.

He should also be interacting with the ref more than any other player, not verbally but through body language we he's fed up with slow rucks.

He should not take one step with the ball unless he is sure that - that movement will be more beneficial for that particular play.

He should not go to the left for a set play when his star left centre is down getting treated in back play.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When the pom is back our forward pack has to be

8. RFM
9. JMK
10. Thompson
11. Elliott
12. Doorey
13. Jackson
I agree with that forward pack.

Panthers want Napa for Burton. It's a no brainer, give them Napa!

We seriously need to go forwards shopping as I wouldnt be re-signing Napa, Britt, Stimson, Ogden.

How long will we be carrying Waddell and Hethrington?

Promote Doorey and Topine and sign 2 props

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Napa is f..king useless. Has to go ASAP. I'd swap him for Burton's 3rd understudy. We need a big body metre eater badly. Napa stops like he got shot as soon as he meets the defence. It's amazing he has no leg drive for someone his size. Has he ever done a squat in the gym I wonder f..king pussy. We need to target James Fisher-Harris big time for 2023. I had big hopes for Atoni and Ogden this season but from game 1 they just aren't strong enough. Think we should bring in Ava Seumanufagai for next week. Maybe there's some other ex NRL big boppers playing in the UK we can recruit cheap. Anyone big who runs hard would be better than what we have.

Averillo was a big disappointment. Showed nothing really besides a good kick or 2. Unfortunately we have no better options. Not going back to Wakeham or Lewis again.

Elliott was pretty good. Waddell is very average. Poor judgement by Barrett there. Looks like he's going to be another Stimson / Britt

Hopa just a waste of space again like usual. Waste of a tackle whenever he runs the ball. He's the Tolman of our backline. Never dangerous. You know 100% whenever he has the ball we're not going to bust a tackle or make a line break. Plus he's f..king hopeless in defence

Flanagan was okay.

Besides the knock-on DWZ was better than usual.

We're just too weak physically in attack and defence. The only players who actually seem strong are Elliott, Cotric and RFM. Need to replace Hopa with Schoupp. He knows how to squat big time. Huge leg muscles.
While I agree on most of what you said remember it was the first game, 6 new players in the team, new combinations, massive rain storm and most of all an avalanche of possession to New...A...hole thanks to the corrupt referee !

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
While I agree on most of what you said remember it was the first game, 6 new players in the team, new combinations, massive rain storm and most of all an avalanche of possession to New...A...hole thanks to the corrupt referee !
Knights had a back up fullback, their 6 Mann got injured early and Brailey returning from injury who didn't play last year. It's just the quality in roster across the 17 and where we're at atm. We also played well in the wet (and worse conditions) last year. No point giving excuses, we've heard enough the last 3 years. We were never expected to win this game tho.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Knights had a back up fullback, their 6 Mann got injured early and Brailey returning from injury who didn't play last year. It's just the quality in roster across the 17 and where we're at atm. No point giving excuses, we've heard enough the last 3 years. We were never expected to win this game tho.
No excuses just reality mate...
As for not expected to win, I think we have won 8 out of the last 9 games against them before last night's with a lesser team !

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No excuses just reality mate...
As for not expected to win, I think we have won 8 out of the last 9 games against them before last night's with a lesser team !
Games before 2018 don't count and their roster is much improved since then. It was also an upset when we beat them in recent times, e.g. last year.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Games before 2018 don't count and their roster is much improved since then. It was also an upset when we beat them in recent times, e.g. last year.
Proves a rebuild takes time.
Though I can't think of a team who have had to do it from such a low base.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I understand but they had Ponga, Green, Fitzgibbon and Lee out plus with our good record against the Knights in recent years even during our worst years I thought we could actually be favourites. We made them look like the Storm.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Proves a rebuild takes time.
Though I can't think of a team who have had to do it from such a low base.
Knights between 2015 and 2017 had a worse base, they got back to back wooden spoons. We should be where the Knights were in 2018 at least and it doesn't look like that's the case. We've already had 3 years of pain. We've known we've needed a hooker since 1 year after Ennis and we still haven't been able to get it done.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was with you for everything bar RFM. He was our best player in 2020.
RFM is too hot and cold.he’s not consistent.can be a world beater one game then the next miss five tackles.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes I understand but they had Ponga, Green, Fitzgibbon and Lee out plus with our good record against the Knights in recent years even during our worst years I thought we could actually be favourites. We made them look like the Storm.
Only Ponga could and might make a difference, and any team with the avalanche of possession they were gifted would have looked like The Storm & The Rorters combined.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because Katoa is junk. Dietz is junk. Whilst JMK is also junk. He is less junk and can hold the middle better than katoa and WAY better than Dietz.

I'm actually defending JMK.... fuk my life
I don’t think jmk is better then katoa or deitz.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think jmk is better then katoa or deitz.
None of them can attack. Dietz is a myth tbh.

But JMK can hold that middle better than the other two. We missed that last night.