Trent Barrett Presser

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad he put some pressure on the NRL match officials so they know they can't just cheat and think they can get away with it. Like Barrett said, our only 3 six agains were in the last 10 minutes when the game was over. Refs trying to play catch ups late in the game so the bias didn't look so obvious stats wise.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad he put some pressure on the NRL match officials so they know they can't just cheat and think they can get away with it. Like Barrett said, our only 3 six agains were in the last 10 minutes when the game was over. Refs trying to play catch ups late in the game so the bias didn't look so obvious stats wise.
I also like though that he didn’t blame it for the loss. Our errors contributed to the loss just as much as the referee bias did.

In saying that though I still can’t believe we didn’t get one penalty all game. I guarantee that we will be the only team this week that happens to

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is peak Manly Baz, dunno why some people are excited by this tbh. Imagine making excuses publicly after round 1 lol

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is peak Manly Baz, dunno why some people are excited by this tbh. Imagine making excuses publicly after round 1 lol
Out of curiosity, who would you have signed as head coach? I'm pretty sure Baz said on at least three occasions that the lopsided pentaly count wasn't an excuse for our poor performance.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
A pretty tough first few rounds for us considering major changes in key positions. Penrith next week wont be any easier. We will obviously go better later in the season when the new combos start to gel more. Everyone was expecting this to be a building year and not to be a real force until 2022, so we cant turn around now because of a loss, and start saying its not acceptable or lose our shit over losses. Newcastle in Newcastle would have been a tough gig most times. I thought with Ponga out they would be a little lost but they weren't, so that's unfortunate. One good thing out of it is we got no injuries and they copped a few.

What we needed mostly was a forward who bends the line. A Daniel Siafiti, Haas, AFB, JT type. RFM is capable, i think he was short a run last night, after his injury. He can go better. But the jury is out if he can be our scary big bloke.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, who would you have signed as head coach? I'm pretty sure Baz said on at least three occasions that the lopsided pentaly count wasn't an excuse for our poor performance.
I wanted Holbrook but we missed him because the clowns extended Pay for a year instead of spending extra $$$ and getting Holbrook across. After that fuck knows. I was somewhat okay with taking a risk with Baz but feeling very underwhelmed right now.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted Holbrook but we missed him because the clowns extended Pay for a year instead of spending extra $$$ and getting Holbrook across. After that fuck knows. I was somewhat okay with taking a risk with Baz but feeling very underwhelmed right now.
Yeah, would have preferred Holbrook too. Baz seemed to be the best of a an average bunch. Too early to tell after one round. We fucked ourselves with errors and that's no fault of Baz.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, would have preferred Holbrook too. Baz seemed to be the best of a an average bunch. Too early to tell after one round. We fucked ourselves with errors and that's no fault of Baz.
The squad is still bottom 4 on paper

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How could anyone be sure after 80 minutes of footy? One thing is for sure, the club has committed to him and it’s way too early to start questioning that commitment.
If they gave that dud Pay 3 years then Barrett should get 10 years.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Wow! Seriously?? One fucking game, and your writing him off?
Kennel 2020: there is no benefit from having him come to the club for 2020, he should stay at penrith
Kennel 2021: wtf, he has only been here for 1 game he needs time

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Geez mate he has only coached one game with a few of our key players out injured. Also still trying to get Burton across. We were also up against the most corrupt ref in the comp.