Opinion Forwards needed asap

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We need explosive forwards.

Last season we were last for set restarts, tonight we struggled to get any.

Who can we realistically get for 2022?
Nasheed here,
If it were me I’d look at Jarrod Wallace or Russell packer. The latter may have motivation issues but who knows. I think both will be cheap.

Also someone will pop up. Every year they do.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
JWH, along with our hetherington and the Pom would kill it.!!

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if the Knights would listen to trades for J.Saifiti, he's the lesser of the brothers but has the same physical tools - would be the type of guy we need to anchor our middle.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We just need some big bodies. Could anyone in the lower grades provide that? I’m not so sure but as I mentioned previously our trial game turned when our lower grades got on. It’s like they were more fit and hungry. We could potentially see a big line up change by the end of the year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wonder if the Knights would listen to trades for J.Saifiti, he's the lesser of the brothers but has the same physical tools - would be the type of guy we need to anchor our middle.
Na, they wouldn't lol. What I'd like to know is how Paulo who is the size of a house can do more defensively and offensively than our entire starting pack while playing big minutes :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Na, they wouldn't lol. What I'd like to know is how Paulo who is the size of a house can do more defensively and offensively than our entire starting pack while playing big minutes :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Some of the tackle efficiency stats from last night are fucked: Hetherington, Katoa, Waddell and Elliott all low 80%

SunnycoastDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ogden knocking back our offer to re-sign is a godsend. If I was the Bulldogs I’d pull the offer and say no longer interested you plodder
Totally agree!! He’s an absolute powder puff. Wtf does he turn his body and slow down at the line ffs. Pull the offer and move on

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Some of the tackle efficiency stats from last night are fucked: Hetherington, Katoa, Waddell and Elliott all low 80%
Elliott at least has the excuse of having to babysit Averillo in defence, not sure what the other guys have. Couldn't believe how easily the Knights forwards pushed us off.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Elliott at least has the excuse of having to babysit Averillo in defence, not sure what the other guys have. Couldn't believe how easily the Knights forwards pushed us off.
Pretty bad read on that first Saifiti try

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ogdens 135m vs Hetheringtons 61m says otherwise lol.
Numbers are numbers, Klemmer led Newcastle in that department but I had several others in front of him (Saifiti and Barnett were far better) Ogden needs to run off the back fence, like he did when he first joined...he’s going through the motions. To be honest, only Elliot looked threatening for us..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Numbers are numbers, Klemmer led Newcastle in that department but I had several others in front of him (Saifiti and Barnett were far better) Ogden needs to run off the back fence, like he did when he first joined...he’s going through the motions. To be honest, only Elliot looked threatening for us..
I didn't say Ogden was good, but for people to claim Hetherington was good when he isn't even close is laughable. I agree Elliott was the only decent forward and I made mention of it in another post...at this stage I'm only comfortable with him in our starting pack moving forward.

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our biggest issue aside from errors were the forwards most definitely.

Ogden terrible likewise Waddell..
Napa hardly seen

Elliot, Hetherington and Jackson can stay but we're definitely a solid forward lacking.

Before we slam Cummins for no set restarts, we didn't get many because we don't have quick play the balls. Too slow at play the ball.

Lastly, I feel the wet did not suit us at all (compared to previous Bulldogs teams). Look forward to seeing us on a dry track.
I agree with you no go forward no football team,there was no go forward at this stage even though it is early days ogden,nappa,atoni,aswell as others,hoppa, meaney,katoa,and more will not be resigned the broom from barret will be weilded there is no doubt,no go forward to many mistakes and just bad captaincey,jackson doesn't rip into the boys enough to get them off their arses and have a fucking go,hats off to hrtherington he ripped in and looked like he wanted to lift the rest of the team if they all followed him things might be different,maybe he should be captain

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
We got dominated. Too lean. Like when Kasiano lost all that weight he became a redundant forward. Same as Atoni and Ogden... infective tonight. Even playing RFM and Napa for 25 mins was an amateur mistake that Pay didnt even make. Hopefully Baz learnt something tonight.

Pay would be rocking in his recliner and sipping his scotch right now....what a joke, they have been selling us a pipe dream all off season
you can’t be sold anything unless you’re prepared to buy it. Bashing the team and the coach for your misconceived perceptions one round in is distasteful.

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I didn't say Ogden was good, but for people to claim Hetherington was good when he isn't even close is laughable. I agree Elliott was the only decent forward and I made mention of it in another post...at this stage I'm only comfortable with him in our starting pack moving forward.
Hetherington was our best he tried his arse off to lift the boys around him ,ogden's a powderpuff,atleast hetherington plays with good agreshion and rips in ifthe rest played with his agreshion teams would fear us

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hetherington was our best he tried his arse off to lift the boys around him ,ogden's a powderpuff,atleast hetherington plays with good agreshion and rips in ifthe rest played with his agreshion teams would fear us
Hetherington was shit, done nothing. Another Josh Reynolds that dog fans will jerk themselves over because he "tries" or whatever other garbage.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to promote Ava Seumanufagai . Big body with NRL experience, runs hard. Showed in the trial he even has a good offload. Need to make some changes to our top 30. Promote Ava, Deitz, Schoupp and maybe even the winger we recently signed for Mounties. He's strong and quick

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Also another one to consider is Andrew Fifita.
I know for a FACT John Morris can’t stand the bloke. He doesn’t put in at training, he ignores homework exercises with video review and he’s getting overweight. Sea change needed and I think Cronulla will pay half.
Btw I told you all thsi a year ago and a few months back there was a report saying Morris wanted him to medically retire.