Opinion Forwards needed asap

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ogden knocking back our offer to re-sign is a godsend. If I was the Bulldogs I’d pull the offer and say no longer interested you plodder
Atleast Ofa has a go... would keep him before Atoni tbh, sick to death of Renouf just not stepping up in NRL games... enough is enough for me tbh.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Atleast Ofa has a go... would keep him before Atoni tbh, sick to death of Renouf just not stepping up in NRL games... enough is enough for me tbh.
Bro Atoni, Ogden, Napa all rubbish but our new recruit Hetherington and Waddel are no better .. Both Hergerington and Waddel are impact bench players at best

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our biggest issue aside from errors were the forwards most definitely.

Ogden terrible likewise Waddell..
Napa hardly seen

Elliot, Hetherington and Jackson can stay but we're definitely a solid forward lacking.

Before we slam Cummins for no set restarts, we didn't get many because we don't have quick play the balls. Too slow at play the ball.

Lastly, I feel the wet did not suit us at all (compared to previous Bulldogs teams). Look forward to seeing us on a dry track.
Spot on! Ogden, Napa and Waddell had zero impact, Ogden in particular just lacked any purpose or aggression.

Elliott, Hetherington, Jackson and Atoni were the best of our forwards, Elliot probably the pick of the bunch. Deitz was ok, defensively though, the jury is still out..

TB has a season to trial players and structures, I hope Topine gets his chance, and as old as he is, I think Seumanufagai could be one of our better forwards. Luke Thompson is going to be missed the first few rounds for sure..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Spot on! Ogden, Napa and Waddell had zero impact, Ogden in particular just lacked any purpose or aggression.

Elliott, Hetherington, Jackson and Atoni were the best of our forwards, Elliot probably the pick of the bunch. Deitz was ok, defensively though, the jury is still out..

TB has a season to trial players and structures, I hope Topine gets his chance, and as old as he is, I think Seumanufagai could be one of our better forwards. Luke Thompson is going to be missed the first few rounds for sure..
Ogdens 135m vs Hetheringtons 61m says otherwise lol.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeh, I'll bet his grandfather is embarrassed he changed his name to his.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We rarely bend the line and definitely lack intensity and punch.
Ogden and Atoni both look trimmer but they have lost power as a result.
RFM looked like he had better things he could be doing.
Napa will struggle to get a bench spot at Mounties

Jacko never gives up and tackles himself to a standstill
Elliott and Hetherington add some mongrel and are both great competitors.

I think Doorey has to come in, probably taking Napa’s bench spot.
RFM Should start instead of Waddell.

Thompson can’t get back soon enough

HARRIGAN

Waterboy
Reaction score
For me the lack of go forward comes directly from how bad Katoa (and Deitz on today's showing) is at passing off the deck. JMK gets a lot of flack but his distribution is heaps better than Katoa's. The amount if times our forwards had to reach back or above their heads to catch the ball was criminal. You can't get on a roll if you have to stop before you even get going.

HARRIGAN

Waterboy
Reaction score
I thought Napa and RFM still looked unfit too and weren't ready for today. Especially in the conditions where it turned into a forwards game. Thompson will help with the speed he brings though. Someone said above that he's not a hit up type bloke but I've seen plenty of him and he can brake tackles for fun. Get someone on his shoulder everytime he runs the ball up and he'll look like the best prop in the NRL by mid-season.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For me the lack of go forward comes directly from how bad Katoa (and Deitz on today's showing) is at passing off the deck. JMK gets a lot of flack but his distribution is heaps better than Katoa's. The amount if times our forwards had to reach back or above their heads to catch the ball was criminal. You can't get on a roll if you have to stop before you even get going.
JMK is no better. We dont have an NRL standard 9 in the squad

HARRIGAN

Waterboy
Reaction score
He's not great but he's a better distributor. I'd love to pick up Daryl Clark from Warrington next year. He has been a consistently good player in the SL for years. Would have had a lot more caps too but Roby and Hodgson have been around.

Before then though JMK is the best of a bad bunch.

Stevche Kat

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ogdens 135m vs Hetheringtons 61m says otherwise lol.
Neither of them impressed. Park football forwards compared to Melbourne on Thursday night, who obviously are the benchmark. But that's what you aim for and our two starting forwards lacked alot.

I wouldn't dwell on stats. They obviously tell a story , but so do your own eyes and clearly Hetherington and Ogden were average. E.g someone could argue Hetherington made 7 more tackles than Ogden and if on average a player makes a tackle a set.. then he got involved in 7 more sets defensively than Ogden. But again.. who cares. They were both simply poor and need to lift next week or be dropped to at least the bench. Happy to give them another go next week with the same team.

Stevche Kat

Waterboy
Reaction score
I actually thought early on (Before fatigue really set in) that Katoas passes were crisp and hitting the mark quite quickly. Then all just faded away.

HARRIGAN

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thats his biggest problem. He has no consistency. I actually thought he looked better at lock.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Waddell isn’t first grade standard very disappointing

Stevche Kat

Waterboy
Reaction score
Waddell isn’t first grade standard very disappointing
Whilst I keep saying im sure he'll give them all another shot a redemption next week.
That said if I was making decisions by 6 rounds in purely as a fan and punter:

- Drop Averillo bring in Burton (yes it will happen)
- Drop Ogden completely
- Hetherington to bench
- Bring in Doorey
- Thompson comes back in
- Drop Napa