Round 1 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck theres some fucking negative ***** on here. You all praise everything good about our club all fucking off season, and then lynch every single player on the field after a loss. Its a fucking disgrace!! Bipolar motherfuckers!
got to admit tholugh i have been consistent

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought hethrington was our best front rower. I don’t have a degree in rugby league like some.I’m like you and can’t see what he did wrong.
Agreed. He played with intent. Beast might see something we don't.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone blew their loads over Barrett. One game in we can already see he isn't a 1st grade coach. If we are losing like that to a Knights team without their best player, we are in for a very long season yet again.

Edge defence has taken a massive step backwards
Have faith.

We were poor but our new signings were best on park for us. We will win more games and move up the ladder if our new recruits stay healthy.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought tonight showed we need a few games to build combinations.
plus the new rules it will take time.
I told myself I wouldn’t judge until round 4-5. Few silly errors cost us some points. We at least looked more threatening in the opposition 20 for the first time in about 5 years

Bulldogs fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cotric is really good at breaking tackles I noticed the hooker position wasn’t a worry today I liked dietz and Katoa was a mm over average, remember the refs took 70 % of our game and the errors killed us as well, we are really missing luke t

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
this might be a bit harsh, but it is an immediate reaction

Allan - a couple costly mistakes but it was a tough night in tough conditions and a little quiet in attack but we had little go forward

Meaney - playing wing in attack and centre in defence means that he goes unnoticed for a lot of the match... nothing wrong from what I can tell

Cotric - ran strong, made a good line break and made an off load which led to DWZ's second but two costly errors early near our try line --> majku mu jebem

Hopoate - not much happened down his side... solid but nothing more

DWZ - ran hard, scored two tries but there was the obligatory handling error coming out of our own end which led to a Knights try and you just knew it was coming... but the play which proved what a stupid player he is was he jumping in the air from one our bombs but not being close enough to contest... the Knights player simply caught the ball and without an opposing player in front of him ran for 40-50 metres and if Watson didn't throw a bad pass, the Knights' would have scored... honestly, it was like watching my 3 year old niece jumping on a trampoline screaming in delight: "wee, daddy, look... I can fly!"

Averillo - had a couple good touches and showed some kicking ability... looking forward to seeing how he develops

Flanagan - very happy with his debut... he kicked well, involved in all three tries, strong in defence

Hetherington - an honest effort but struggled against the Knights forwards that seemed to target him

Katoa - an okay game... good service from dummy half but bombed a try

Ogden - squad player only IMO... dominated by the Knights pack... soft

Elliot - bad miss on Safiti for the Knights first try but scored one of his own... ran some tough lines

Waddell - put on a couple hits on Knights backs but part of a badly beaten pack

Jackson - much like Waddell

Atoni - good off the bench, good footwork before the line, some good post contact metres

Deitz - not much opportunity to inject himself into the game... hope he gets another shot

RFM - costly error

Dylan motherf*+#ing Napa - who is responsible for his conditioning... he looked like he was running out for a legends match for players that retired 10-15 years ago

the Knights were missing Ponga, lost their five-eighth to a knee injury in the first half, and Hoy looked like he played half the match concussed and yet, what happened? forget signing pretty little centres... they may look good on a poster but they don't win you matches, your spine and go forward do... and the Knights pack punched holes through us... and we dropped too much ball
Not harsh at all. Think people need to chill.
We lost, it sucks, we will improve.
Cant sign 16 new players in an off season.
We still have weaknesses with the cattle we have.
Anywhos...

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Have faith.

We were poor but our new signings were best on park for us. We will win more games and move up the ladder if our new recruits stay healthy.
I agree our new recruits were mainly very good. But I cannot see us winning many games this year with that sort of soft edge defence.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thought tonight showed we need a few games to build combinations.
plus the new rules it will take time.
I told myself I wouldn’t judge until round 4-5. Few silly errors cost us some points. We at least looked more threatening in the opposition 20 for the first time in about 5 years
Well be prepared because we probably won’t win a game until maybe round 6.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Have faith.

Yh Hetheringtons massive 60 metres were defenitely best on park for us LOL.

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
Not a great result tonight but I’m infinitely more confident than this time last year. Round 1 last year I was dead set struggling to imagine us scoring a try all year, never looked likely. We can attack when in the opposition 20 this year which is a massive move in the right direction.

We still need work, but it is only round one. Not all doom and gloom

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even though I didn't get to see most of our game (Foxtel coverage sucks) Donkos are smashing Doesnt Matta atm - minor happiness.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yh Hetheringtons massive 60 metres were defenitely best on park for us LOL.
How would you describe Hethos game tonight? I can see potential in him. He looks one of our fittest. Moves well. Looks safe in defence around the middle. Baz said he just needs game time to reach his potential and I tend to agree.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree our new recruits were mainly very good. But I cannot see us winning many games this year with that sort of soft edge defence.
That needs to be fixed straight away.
Later in the game I can put it down to fatigue but the Safiti tries were school boy stuff.

Unfortunately I believe we need to play at our best for 80 to win games where 40 is probably enough for others.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We made way to many school boy errors...
Gave them the ball in good field position..
We didn't even offload the ball...
Plus the reff didn't help us... the six gains killed us..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We didn't play well and I am the first to admit it. In my 67 years on this earth I have played, refereed, coached and watch lots of games. But tonight was the first time I have seen a game where one team receives zero penalties in the 80 minutes. The three set restarts we got were when we were 20 points down and thus as useless as tits on a bull. Wait till one of the Sutton's get a Dogs game.
The Warriors are the only other team in history to not receive a penalty in a full game