The Mole: Big-money Bulldogs favourite to sign gun Broncos centre Kotoni Staggs

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JAC is one of the most marketable players in the NRL, I remember reading an article recently and statistically JAC was ranked at 2nd or 3rd behind Ponga and potentially someone else. He is getting good coin from someone to move to Sydney ;)
Probably in third parties it comes up to what the media said we paid, but that doesn't count towards our cap. When they say 800k for Staggs they make it seem like that's all on our cap. When, just like JAC, it most likely won't be.

This current mob are doing well with what they're signing players for.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I would say that's over for Meaney, probably should've been originally signed for 150-180 per season but us and Tigers we're competing for him and inflated his price lol.
Hope he hangs around for depth. Could end up at warriors with Nathan brown now in charge

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Probably in third parties it comes up to what the media said we paid, but that doesn't count towards our cap. When they say 800k for Staggs they make it seem like that's all on our cap. When, just like JAC, it most likely won't be.

This current mob are doing well with what they're signing players for.
800k is what his camp are pushing in the media...no club is actually interested in paying that for him.

TroopSalute

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I feel our only chance is if he isn't happy there
Can you blame him? ... he's definitely not happy and not the only Bronco, who is looking at an exit plan.

Let make the distinct comparison between Barrett's direction and vision he has for the future of the Bulldogs and how he's commenced with his recruitment in the off-season in a brand new club with Walters who has been in and around the Broncos most of his life.

Releases 2 experienced players to free up salary cap space but still /paying Saints % for Bird & McCoullogh only to gain signatures from Copley, Mead, Albert Kelly, Tass, Asiata and 34 year old Teo :confused: ... someone needs to remind Walters it's 25+ rounds not a 3 game series.

Staggs and his manager know the Broncos look like adding more kitchen memorabilia to their new-found wooden spoon collection.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some people just go off tap at BS rumours :laughing: believe it when i see it, dont forget he is coming off a knee reco so paying that much coin would be insanity.

i see Deitz IS in the 14 jumper you beauty! hope he goes super well for us and himself.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people just go off tap at BS rumours :laughing: believe it when i see it, dont forget he is coming off a knee reco so paying that much coin would be insanity.

i see Deitz IS in the 14 jumper you beauty! hope he goes super well for us and himself.
Im more interested in how Deitz will go tbh...bit of intelligence in around the ruck, might be able to control the game....communicate the game plan, here's hoping... lets get this fkn show on the road....

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I believe he's on 650K at least but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a fair bit more - definitely fullback money but I think it might be a little less than 800K. I remember we knocked back Latrell Mitchell at that time because he said he wanted to play fullback and we considered we'd already signed our fullback in DWZ for decent money.
Mitchell wanted one million

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Offer him same money as Cotric. Maybe 50 grand more tops, No more than that.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hahaha anyone that believes this is remotely true believes in Santa and the Tooth Fairy.

It's not happening.

Mole is probably doing Stagg's manager a solid to milk more money from Brisbane.
Naden any chance?

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sure we won’t pay 800 for him he’d be getting 3rd party’s in there we need a strike centre and he is a premium centre most wanted critchon .katoni is as good if not better

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hopefully true, and would be great acquisition should we get him around that money.
Those suggesting it’s poor cap management are sitting at home playing fantasy league guessing values of entire squad. We are still several quality players off being remotely Finals contenders and need game winners, which Staggs is.
Those suggesting we have juniors who can take this role are delusional, long way from lower grades to NRL elite. There is no guarantee ‘any’ of the promising juniors will make it

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully true, and would be great acquisition should we get him around that money.
Those suggesting it’s poor cap management are sitting at home playing fantasy league guessing values of entire squad. We are still several quality players off being remotely Finals contenders and need game winners, which Staggs is.
Those suggesting we have juniors who can take this role are delusional, long way from lower grades to NRL elite. There is no guarantee ‘any’ of the promising juniors will make it
Exactly. We can't win a comp by being cheap and saving money and just hoping all our juniors turn into superstars. The Roosters are also getting the best juniors - why ? because success attracts talent. I'm just amazed that some on here seem to be against us signing anyone decent like JAC, Cotric, B. Smith, Allan, etc. Do some actually not want us to get any better ?

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
maybe that bloke in the kennel can bring back the staggering sign

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Allen
2. Add carr
3. Averillo
4. Staggs
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Flanagan

Get it done baz & auncle authur!
Exactly my thoughts. What a backline (Schoupp a possibility at centre also and Alamoti in near future). Without Staggs there's a big hole and we don't look anywhere near as strong. People need to remember our young halves in Flanagan and Burton are going to need decent players around them to make the most of ANY opportunities they create. The best finishers in the game will make them so much more effective as it will Corey Allen also when ball playing.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he is a wonderful player. I am concerned about his durability though. Never seems to finish a whole season. For that sort of cash we need him week in week out.