Um no
Joey manu on the way out
Both morris Bros retiring
That Billy smith kid injured again
Alimoti is being courted by manly and roosters
I’m a lil closer to the sg ball side than you buddy
Alimoti also wants to go by the name of brandy alimoti
Look that up
Fucking lol...so now Des decides to pay attention to our juniors.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Um no
Joey manu on the way out
Both morris Bros retiring
That Billy smith kid injured again
Alimoti is being courted by manly and roosters
I’m a lil closer to the sg ball side than you buddy
Alimoti also wants to go by the name of brandy alimoti
Look that up
Mmm I always wanted us to get Cotric and play him at centre... But perhaps the best way forward is Schoupp and Alomati centres and JAC and Cotric on the wing, but then what of Averillo? Club has some hard calls to make over the next 2 years

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mmm I always wanted us to get Cotric and play him at centre... But perhaps the best way forward is Schoupp and Alomati centres and JAC and Cotric on the wing, but then what of Averillo? Club has some hard calls to make over the next 2 years
Schoupe and alamonti are kids and un proven
Wait till they have played against men and dominated before you start about this

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Schoupe and alamonti are kids and un proven
Wait till they have played against men and dominated before you start about this
Just forward thinking... They won't all just hang around hoping they will get a run, case in point Tommy Talau. The clubs needs to look ahead and decide how they want to balance the roster especially if these untested kids are being looked at by other clubs.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just forward thinking... They won't all just hang around hoping they will get a run, case in point Tommy Talau. The clubs needs to look ahead and decide how they want to balance the roster especially if these untested kids are being looked at by other clubs.
Talau went with his dad, nothing to do with the club
I know what your saying, but if they hsvnt proven themselves then we can’t gamble the iff ??

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I know what your saying, but if they hsvnt proven themselves then we can’t gamble the iff ??
We can agree to disagree, I just have the view that whilst it's good to be able to buy players, we finally have some good young juniors coming through after years of shit... and it would be a shame to lose them.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We can agree to disagree, I just have the view that whilst it's good to be able to buy players, we finally have some good young juniors coming through after years of shit... and it would be a shame to lose them.
i agree, thats how we beat the cap also

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they show some real promise (physicality attitude etc) we should make every effort to nurture them even outside of football, in simple terms make them think that our club is the club they belong too. Young players (like most young young people) more often than not need a bit of mothering, and we should (if we haven't already) find someone VERY SUITABLE for that job. I believe that we once had a husband and wife team who did just that.
A few dollars invested here might save a lot of dollars in the cap where it really counts later on.

Reactions: ATT

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If they show some real promise (physicality attitude etc) we should make every effort to nurture them even outside of football, in simple terms make them think that our club is the club they belong too. Young players (like most young young people) more often than not need a bit of mothering, and we should (if we haven't already) find someone VERY SUITABLE for that job. I believe that we once had a husband and wife team who did just that.
A few dollars invested here might save a lot of dollars in the cap where it really counts later on.
A former lower winger Graham Laird, his mother (Helen) did this sort of role when Steve Mortimer lived with her when he joined the club in 1976. She did a fine job in steering him in the right direction.

Don't know if she is still around. Last time I saw her she sat in front of me at Canberra in 2009.

I would think there would have to be someone similar on the periphery of the club more than capable of playing a similar role in the present era.

Lomdiddydawg

Waterboy
Reaction score
The bulldogs house has a husband and wife that look after the boys that come in from out of town, from what I've heard they are all over it steering the boys in the right direction, keeping them in line, supportive and 'mothering' them. They've been doing it for years.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But if we dont plan ahead like @Kempsey Dog says, and we dont show them there is a spot there for them, then we lose them. You have to gamble on these type of kids.

Reactions: ATT

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bulldogs house has a husband and wife that look after the boys that come in from out of town, from what I've heard they are all over it steering the boys in the right direction, keeping them in line, supportive and 'mothering' them. They've been doing it for years.
Mate, you've made my day.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Can anyone give update on game and who stood out
The dogs were strong across the park - two starting frontrowers (Todd n Cox) did a lot of good things with n without the ball. Kick chase was excellent especially on the left edge.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Paul alomati / Joseph sualli have been dominating the juniors since the age of 12 .
finchie Mentioned Paul being called brandy ( that’s true , he goes by that name)

obviously most clubs will have a crack at him . Our biggest threat is rugby . He is a huge fan of rugby and we almost lost him to the kings before the start of this season .
We need to keep him as he is as talented as they come . I know this first hand as I’ve watched him very closely since u12 and followed that age group since u11 .

SunnycoastDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Paul alomati / Joseph sualli have been dominating the juniors since the age of 12 .
finchie Mentioned Paul being called brandy ( that’s true , he goes by that name)

obviously most clubs will have a crack at him . Our biggest threat is rugby . He is a huge fan of rugby and we almost lost him to the kings before the start of this season .
We need to keep him as he is as talented as they come . I know this first hand as I’ve watched him very closely since u12 and followed that age group since u11 .

SunnycoastDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
We’d have to be in the driving seat you’d think Alic?
Especially with Hoppa’s and DWZ tenure coming to a close.