Australian Politics - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
She started off in his Palmer Party.

Probly wants a constant reminder to improve herself.

You sure its not a dart board lol
Darts are so 90's, everyone is into axe throwing these days. And yes, I'd line up to throw an axe at Clive Palmer. lol

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
I'm more of a Confucian man myself I believe integrating equality into democracy would solve every problem

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Craig Kelly moves to crossbench, probably means he was told by the Libs he wasn't going to be pre-selected
the government would be on track to lose that seat if they didn't. It's one thing for a senator for a minor party to sprout his rubbish (see Malcolm Roberts), but as a House Rep where you need a majority? Nope.

Government will call an election as soon as it is seen as ok to do so, Covid-wise. No way they are going full term.

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
the government would be on track to lose that seat if they didn't. It's one thing for a senator for a minor party to sprout his rubbish (see Malcolm Roberts), but as a House Rep where you need a majority? Nope.

Government will call an election as soon as it is seen as ok to do so, Covid-wise. No way they are going full term.

Scotty is doing pretty good

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Jacquie Lambie’s New Jabba The Hutt / Clive Palmer Painting Is Behind All My Future Nightmares (pedestrian.tv)

Tassie independent senator and noted loose cannon Jacqui Lambie has gotten herself some new artwork for her office: a painting of her as Princess Leia wrangling Clive Palmer as Jabba The Hutt with a chain and leash. I’m honestly not sure how else I can explain this, it truly just does what it says on the lid.

View attachment 21538

Luv it.
Here's more of the story (from Pedestrian.tv - I know i know, but i couldn't find something more newsy).

I don't mind Lambie. She's the Bogan from Burnie who seems to actually care and not vote blindly with the government, unlike, say the Ranga from One Nation.

Jacquie Lambie’s New Jabba The Hutt / Clive Palmer Painting Is Behind All My Future Nightmares
Jacquie Lambie’s New Jabba The Hutt / Clive Palmer Painting Is Behind All My Future Nightmares

By Courtney Fry
Published February 22, 2021

Tassie independent senator and noted loose cannon Jacqui Lambie has gotten herself some new artwork for her office: a painting of her as Princess Leia wrangling Clive Palmer as Jabba The Hutt with a chain and leash. I’m honestly not sure how else I can explain this, it truly just does what it says on the lid.

I’m certain that politicians probably have plenty of fine art, degrees, other accolades and framed shit up on the walls of their offices, right? Jacqui out here chucking up a parody of her as the scantily-clad Leia and Clive as the monstrous and sluggish Jabba The Hutt is really something else entirely.
Just look at it, Jesus podracing Christ.

Incredible. Just totally breathtaking.
The painting was done by Lindsay Spears, and was entered in the 2015 Bald Archie Prize – an art competition that celebrates parody caricatures of famous Aussies and pollies painted that year.

Now, nearly six years after it entered the Canberra arts prize, the Jabba Palmer/Princess Lambie piece was donated to Lambie at her Burnie offices on Tasmania’s northwest coast by its owners, Ray and Elain, last week.

The couple had bought the artwork back when it hit the Bald Archie Prize in 2015, and made the decision to pass it along to its rightful owner (and subject), which is a hell of a move and to be honest it deserves to be hung up on the wall of her offices, or maybe take prime spot above the toot.
https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/jacqui-lambie-cashless-welfare/
It’s not the only artwork in Jacqui Lambie’s likeness that entered the Bald Archies that year, with a caricature of her doing Kim Kardashian‘s internet-breaking Paper Magazine cover also making it into the shortlist.
[Image: The Bald Archy / Mark Tippett]
Now if only whoever owns this one can come forward and donate it for Jacqui’s offices too, that would be superb.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Scotty is doing pretty good
Of course he is. He just rocks up for the photo shoot in his Wallabies jersey/Hockeyroos shirt, give his thumbs up, and not actually answer any tough questions. Easy as.

Bogues and Boomers love the daggy dad/everyman schtick.

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
Of course he is. He just rocks up in his Wallabies jersey/Hockeyroos shirt, give his thumbs up, and not actually answer any tough questions. Easy as.

Bogues and Boomers love the daggy dad/everyman schtick.
Most of the question are idiotic never give the media an inch to move with sometimes silence is better than an answer

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

It'll be interesting, if I recall the latest polls still showed around 56% supporting him in that electorate. Don't know if it's more a party thing or Kelly as an individual.

He had a lot of attention last election too, but still held his seat quite comfortably

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
It'll be interesting, if I recall the latest polls still showed around 56% supporting him in that electorate. Don't know if it's more a party thing or Kelly as an individual.

He had a lot of attention last election too, but still held his seat quite comfortably
Actions speak louder than words

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Most of the question are idiotic never give the media an inch to move with sometimes silence is better than an answer
LOL - no. He just passes the buck onto someone else (and has been shown to have done so over 200 times this term). He is a good politician, but he is no way a leader. Guy couldn't lead a conga line.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

True - if a seat is THAT safe, a party could put Ivan milat in there and the rusted on wouldn't notice. But he also becomes a shitstain and a distraction on the party overall. Scomo can only deflect so much (and he's brilliant at it).

What these seats need is a strong independent candidate (think Zali Steggal), and there are grass roots campaigns going on in several electorates to do just that - not sure if this is occurring in Kelly's seat though.

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
LOL - no. He just passes the buck onto someone else (and has been shown to have done so over 200 times this term). He is a good politician, but he is no way a leader. Guy couldn't lead a conga line.
Personally strength comes through unity until the lvls of the economic structure come to equal balance there is always going to be segregated points of view from rich to poor so in hindsight everyone being on an equal playing field would not only bring strength to a country but it would set an example to the world

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
True - if a seat is THAT safe, a party could put Ivan milat in there and the rusted on wouldn't notice. But he also becomes a shitstain and a distraction on the party overall. Scomo can only deflect so much (and he's brilliant at it).

What these seats need is a strong independent candidate (think Zali Steggal), and there are grass roots campaigns going on in several electorates to do just that - not sure if this is occurring in Kelly's seat though.
There is currently an awareness campaign about Craig Kelly and his conspiracy theory ideas in his electorate, I think they are also running an independent to challenge him.

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
There is currently an awareness campaign about Craig Kelly and his conspiracy theory ideas in his electorate, I think they are also running an independent to challenge him.
Sounds like a greedy user to me ! It takes a really special person to care about others more than himself

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If they flick him and preselect someone bland this will head off such a challenge (depending on good the independent is).

Problem with the protest vote is that the voters will only do it once (think Kerryn Phelps), before they feel dirty and just go back to what they know (even though David Sharma seems like a shithead).

The Toot even did an article on it:

Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs Decide 7 Months Of Phelps Is Enough Punishment For Disrespectful Libs

https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...-is-enough-punishment-for-disrespectful-libs/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...t-for-disrespectful-libs/&via=betootaadvocate

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT
The short-lived renegade independent member for Wentworth Kerryn Phelps is reportedly planning to concede defeat today, after the votes land on Saturday’s federal election.
Analysts predict that the Liberals’ Dave Sharma will retake Malcolm Turnbull’s old seat, after Dr Phelps won it at a by-election last October.
Nearly 75 per cent of the ballots have been counted, and Mr Sharma leads by almost 2,000 votes.
Dr Phelps won booths around the youthful Bondi beach and Darlinghurst, but Mr Sharma outpolled her in the more franking-credit-centric suburbs like Double Bay and Vaucluse.
Dr Phelps’ by-election win last year was the first time the seat in Sydney’s affluent eastern suburbs and not been won by the Liberals, or its predecessors, since federation – after the electorate responded swiftly to the Liberal Party’s disrespectful treatment of their messiah Malcolm Turnbull.
Speaking to the Betoota Advocate from the Royal Sydney Golf Course, Point Piper-based Italian furniture importer, Clyde Botha-Paspaley, says he feels the Liberals were in need of a reality check.
“I voted Phelps in October because I was infuriated that our local member was forced into resignation by those new money bogans in the right-faction of the Liberal Party” he says.
“How dare they? Morrison revolts me. Cronulla is the Blackpool of Sydney”
However, as Mr Botha-Paspaley points out, at the end of the day, he’s just another boomer who hates paying tax and loves negative gearing.
“I feel seven months of minority government is enough punishment”
Clyde’s third wife, Annabelle, agrees.
“They’ve done their time” she says.
“After their treatment of Malcolm, I knew Sharma was just going to be put in the backbench if he did get in… And as a Wentworth voter, I would prefer to be represented by a crossbencher than a backbencher”
However, with the most recent pre-election brain drain in the Liberals – Annabelle says it’s pretty clear that Sharma is going to be one of the biggest assets to this goverment.
“He’ll be deputy this time next week. Just look at those other dead shits”

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Morrison caved into Kelly's demands last pre-selection but I guess he wasn't prepared to do it again. Kelly's local members wanted him replaced in 2018.

God not another election.

Surely theres a case for set dates re USA and 4 year terms!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
BTW congrats to all those ignoring Has Landed for his trolling and ever diminishing standard of anything even remotely resembling intelligent contributions :grinning:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If they flick him and preselect someone bland this will head off such a challenge (depending on good the independent is).

Problem with the protest vote is that the voters will only do it once (think Kerryn Phelps), before they feel dirty and just go back to what they know (even though David Sharma seems like a shithead).

The Toot even did an article on it:

Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs Decide 7 Months Of Phelps Is Enough Punishment For Disrespectful Libs

https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...-is-enough-punishment-for-disrespectful-libs/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...t-for-disrespectful-libs/&via=betootaadvocate

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT
The short-lived renegade independent member for Wentworth Kerryn Phelps is reportedly planning to concede defeat today, after the votes land on Saturday’s federal election.
Analysts predict that the Liberals’ Dave Sharma will retake Malcolm Turnbull’s old seat, after Dr Phelps won it at a by-election last October.
Nearly 75 per cent of the ballots have been counted, and Mr Sharma leads by almost 2,000 votes.
Dr Phelps won booths around the youthful Bondi beach and Darlinghurst, but Mr Sharma outpolled her in the more franking-credit-centric suburbs like Double Bay and Vaucluse.
Dr Phelps’ by-election win last year was the first time the seat in Sydney’s affluent eastern suburbs and not been won by the Liberals, or its predecessors, since federation – after the electorate responded swiftly to the Liberal Party’s disrespectful treatment of their messiah Malcolm Turnbull.
Speaking to the Betoota Advocate from the Royal Sydney Golf Course, Point Piper-based Italian furniture importer, Clyde Botha-Paspaley, says he feels the Liberals were in need of a reality check.
“I voted Phelps in October because I was infuriated that our local member was forced into resignation by those new money bogans in the right-faction of the Liberal Party” he says.
“How dare they? Morrison revolts me. Cronulla is the Blackpool of Sydney”
However, as Mr Botha-Paspaley points out, at the end of the day, he’s just another boomer who hates paying tax and loves negative gearing.
“I feel seven months of minority government is enough punishment”
Clyde’s third wife, Annabelle, agrees.
“They’ve done their time” she says.
“After their treatment of Malcolm, I knew Sharma was just going to be put in the backbench if he did get in… And as a Wentworth voter, I would prefer to be represented by a crossbencher than a backbencher”
However, with the most recent pre-election brain drain in the Liberals – Annabelle says it’s pretty clear that Sharma is going to be one of the biggest assets to this goverment.
“He’ll be deputy this time next week. Just look at those other dead shits”
Yep agree and can't believe how Dave Sharma got voted in over Phelps. Sharma's another cess pool part of the swamp.

But what we have upcoming in Cook seems to be Kelly as an independent, an independent to remove Kelly, and a pre-selected Liberal. By the looks of it, it may be more than enough to remove Kelly as you would assume his current support are more party loyalists rather than Kelly loyalists

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Clair O'Neil

"Allegations of sexist and offensive actions of the attorney general and industrial relations minister, Christian Porter, some of which he has rejected, were aired on Four Corners with no accountability to follow. An electorate officer of Craig Kelly has allegedly forced office interns to hug and kiss him. He has previously told the Guardian that he would not respond to these allegations given the matters are before courts, and remains today in Kelly’s employment."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.