Official Game Thread : Bulldogs v Sharks Trial 27/02/2021.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs v Sharks : 6pm (AEDT) Saturday 27/02/2021, at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium. Watch live: Kayo, NRL.com, participating club websites.

Bulldogs Squad
Corey Allan, Renouf Atoni, Bailey Biondi-Odo, Dean Britt, Declan Casey, Nick Cotric, Brad Deitz, Matt Doorey, Adam Elliott, Kyle Flanagan, Jack Hetherington, Will Hopoate, Josh Jackson, Sione Katoa, Tui Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Falakiko Manu, Nick Meaney, Ofahiki Ogden, Aaron Schoupp, Ava Seumanufagai, Chris Smith, Joe Stimson, Jackson Topine, Corey Waddell, Brandon Wakeham, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak

Sharks Squad
1. Will Kennedy, 2. Sione Katoa, 3. Josh Dugan, 4. Jesse Ramien, 5. Ronaldo Mulitalo, 6. Matt Moylan, 7. Chad Townsend, 8. Braden Hamlin-Uele, 9. Blayke Brailey, 10. Aaron Woods, 11. Briton Nikora, 12. Wade Graham, 13. Billy Magoulias. Interchange: 14. Connor Tracey, 15. Jack Williams, 16. Teig Wilton, 17. Andrew Fifita, 18. Luke Metcalf, 19. Mawene Hiroti, 20. Braydon Trindall, 21. Nene Macdonald.

Last edited:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Think I read somewhere emphasis on fielding our best 17?
Can Thomo play seeing as trials dont go towards his punishment?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs v Sharks : 6pm (AEDT) at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium. Watch live: Kayo, NRL.com, participating club websites.

Bulldogs Squad (TBA)

Sharks Squad (TBA)
Saturday?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tickets on-sale for Bulldogs trial with Sharks

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs will be in action this weekend with a trial match against the Cronulla Sharks at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium on Saturday, February 27.

The trial match will be the first official hit out for the Bulldogs under Head Coach Trent Barrett as the team looks to put all the hard work over the pre-season into practice.

The NRL trial match is set down for a 6.00pm kick off with both clubs expected to field strong squads as round one of the Telstra Premiership fast approaches.

For the Bulldogs the game will represent the first opportunity for members and fans to see new recruits Kyle Flanagan, Nick Cotric, Corey Waddell, Jack Hetherington and Corey Allan in their new colours.

The day will also feature Mounties playing the Newtown Jets in the Canterbury Cup at 3.45pm, while the Jersey Flegg trial match between the Bulldogs and Sharks kicking off at 2.00pm.

Capacity at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium will be limited, with members and fans looking to attend encouraged to get in early and access tickets on-line.

If you're unable to attend Saturday's fixture, you can catch the live stream at 6pm through the club's website.

Tickets to the general public go on sale at 5pm, Monday, February 22.

Go to the Ticketek link - CLICK HERE - to purchase a ticket from Monday.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seen somewhere that both teams agreed to play their full strength side for the 1st half and 2nd string side for 2nd half.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JMK missing the trial is a good thing for mine.

We get a good look at Katoa and possibly Wakeham getting some decent game time at hooker to see if the can provide anything different to JMK.
I dunno why
I would think with the moonboot on he'd be a bit quicker as he cant pick up the ball and fuck around, he'd just throw it straight away like the **** is meant to

Very glad to see a game without him, hopefully someone steps up

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dunno why
I would think with the moonboot on he'd be a bit quicker as he cant pick up the ball and fuck around, he'd just throw it straight away like the **** is meant to

Very glad to see a game without him, hopefully someone steps up
I reckon Katoa could be a smokey if he is as fit as people are saying. There’s not much between Katoa and JMK but I think Katoa is more of an attacking threat.

JMK had a underserved mortgage on hooker over the last few years so a big game from someone on Saturday could give them the start in round 1.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon Katoa could be a smokey if he is as fit as people are saying. There’s not much between Katoa and JMK but I think Katoa is more of an attacking threat.

JMK had a underserved mortgage on hooker over the last few years so a big game from someone on Saturday could give them the start in round 1.
Agree.
Would like to see Katoa minus the 10kgs extra he was carrying last year

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
JMK missing the trial is a good thing for mine.

We get a good look at Katoa and possibly Wakeham getting some decent game time at hooker to see if the can provide anything different to JMK.
With Averillo out for the trial, I think we’ll see Wakeham play 6. Don’t really understand the push for him to be at 9.

Hopefully Deitz gets a spot on the bench so we can get a decent look at him.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Think I read somewhere emphasis on fielding our best 17?
Can Thomo play seeing as trials dont go towards his punishment?
Yeah he should be able to play. Eddie blacker copped a 4 game suspension in dragons first trial but was aloud to play in the second trial

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see the lineup that Baz selects. As others have said, with Averillo and JMK out it gives opportunities for others to stake their claim.

It will be good to see the club debutants as well and the difference in style under Baz. There's a lot of competition for spots at the moment which hopefully brings out the best in everyone.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
With Averillo out for the trial, I think we’ll see Wakeham play 6. Don’t really understand the push for him to be at 9.

Hopefully Deitz gets a spot on the bench so we can get a decent look at him.
Yeah you could be right. Not sure if it’s a push for Wakeham to play hooker there was a few reports he had been training there so he might be on the mix.

Deitz will probably be playing in the Mounties game so I’m not sure how much game time he will get in the NRL game.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Are the lineups due for all teams by 4pm today like a normal team list Tuesday or is it because it's only trials they can name them later in the week?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are the lineups due for all teams by 4pm today like a normal team list Tuesday or is it because it's only trials they can name them later in the week?
Think they will be named today but chances are it will be a squad named rather then a actual side.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely JMK wouldn't have played the trial anyway since he played on the weekend. Be interesting to see if they rest DWZ.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely JMK wouldn't have played the trial anyway since he played on the weekend. Be interesting to see if they rest DWZ.
I think he would have considering he’s the about the only player left from last years spine and any game time they could get before round 1 would be massive.

Reactions: GDR