Rumour Chasing Matterson?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It sounded abit random to me too, but there's gotta be something to it if his immediate family said he's had contact from us
If this is what you've heard then there's no reason to doubt you nor the family member. I've got no idea if Matterson is good enough for us? By the sounds of it he's got the talent, but apparently not the attitude or commitment.

Clearly someone at the club thinks he's worth it ... and Baz would have to rubber stamp that so ... I'm on board.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg alexander was the last I remember after mal and baa, maybe stacey jones?
As I recall Alexander may have poked at the start but was more round the corner by the end. And for Jones, unfortunately I can't remember how he kicked at all!

Last edited:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nope, he'd stick around 5 minutes & then his Manager would find a club that would offer 50c more & get him to break the contract. Troublemaker.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I hope we get that piakura kid but someone like Matterson would be ideal if jacko wraps it up or again if Napa ducks off and we plan of moving rfm upfront

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Superb player, I was disappointed when we had to let him go at the end of 2018. Big and strong, good hands, a real ball playing forward AND he'll transition into the front row very easily when the time comes.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs try to sign Eels gun

Canterbury want to sign Eels star Ryan Matterson for 2022 - and have taken a significant step towards their goal by linking up with NSW Cup team Mounties as their feeder club.
Playing for Mounties is none other than Ryan's younger brother Dean, who starred in a weekend trial against Penrith.
A 23-year-old five-eighth, Dean is extremely close to Ryan, who is three years older, and the pair have a goal of playing together in the NRL.
The duo have played one match together - for the Roosters in a trial in 2018 - before going their separate ways.
Ryan went to the Tigers and now Eels, while Dean moved to Wyong Roos, Blacktown Workers and now Mounties.
The Bulldogs have placed Ryan at the top of their wish list for next year - and having his brother on board may prove a major step to achieving their goal.

Source: The mole.

Malla

Reaction score
I hope not.
He’s soft and has no heart or ticker. Seems like a bogus rumour from Moley Mole because we signed his brother to play for Mounties.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs try to sign Eels gun

Canterbury want to sign Eels star Ryan Matterson for 2022 - and have taken a significant step towards their goal by linking up with NSW Cup team Mounties as their feeder club.
Playing for Mounties is none other than Ryan's younger brother Dean, who starred in a weekend trial against Penrith.
A 23-year-old five-eighth, Dean is extremely close to Ryan, who is three years older, and the pair have a goal of playing together in the NRL.
The duo have played one match together - for the Roosters in a trial in 2018 - before going their separate ways.
Ryan went to the Tigers and now Eels, while Dean moved to Wyong Roos, Blacktown Workers and now Mounties.
The Bulldogs have placed Ryan at the top of their wish list for next year - and having his brother on board may prove a major step to achieving their goal.

Source: The mole.
LOL
We changed our entire nsw cup structure, changed all the financials, jerseys, hired extra coaches, hired buses, changed the training schedule to secure Ryans 23yr old park footballer brother on the off chance it would get Ryan over the line

hahaha

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d be thrilled with matto. I actually think looking at lack of quality props he would be a good nap replacement. He could easily push forward or rfm might move in.

Bloke is quality.

Still need hooker above this. B smith.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't believe that he wouldn't be good value for money, he left the Tigers on $450k and got an upgrade at Parramatta. His contract has a player option for next year, so he's is in a strong bargaining position for yet another upgrade.

Go Dogs

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't believe that he wouldn't be good value for money, he left the Tigers on $450k and got an upgrade at Parramatta. His contract has a player option for next year, so he's is in a strong bargaining position for yet another upgrade.

Go Dogs
A potential Napa replacement maybe?

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant we sign a hooker first. Matterson would be after a fair bit of coin, money that could go towards luring a decent hooker.
We haven’t had a decent hooker since Ennis left, maybe Cook as exception

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope not.
He’s soft and has no heart or ticker. Seems like a bogus rumour from Moley Mole because we signed his brother to play for Mounties.
Disagree, hes good but we need a hooker first

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’d be thrilled with matto. I actually think looking at lack of quality props he would be a good nap replacement. He could easily push forward or rfm might move in.

Bloke is quality.

Still need hooker above this. B smith.
He isn’t a middle he is a edge , too soft for middle