News Kiko Manu signs nrl deal

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im half french, by marriage, and i support them! Lol
Well there you go we have 2 Frenchman supporters lol
I have traveled Europe quite a few times but never France,definitely on my list next time around
Who knows when.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well there you go we have 2 Frenchman supporters lol
I have traveled Europe quite a few times but never France,definitely on my list next time around
Who knows when.
Haha ill take that. Im aussie as they come though mate. We lived there for 2 years though, loved it! Happy to be associated with france and its wonderful people!!!

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Who would ever think that a Frenchman is following the dogs.
I was just wondering how long before we start traveling to Europe again,miss those summer vacations
Hey mate, don't worry.......I was born in Lakemba (in the good days) went to school at St Johns a year ahead of the Hughes clan........been in France for 8 years now and luving it........

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Haha ill take that. Im aussie as they come though mate. We lived there for 2 years though, loved it! Happy to be associated with france and its wonderful people!!!
You must be a good man Flambouyant.......I have to change my mind......France has it's good points, but like anywhere.....it also has it's bad points.....but I love it here.....the history, the culture etc.......my village was founded in 1256 way before the English got to OZ.......and they only beat the french by a few days.......... :laughing:

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
About 1 hour due East of Bordeaux and 30 mins due west of Bergerac.......on the Dordogne River...............good rugby, but no league in the immediate area........
Beautiful location...are you directly on the Dordogne? Limited housing there i thought?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You must be a good man Flambouyant.......I have to change my mind......France has it's good points, but like anywhere.....it also has it's bad points.....but I love it here.....the history, the culture etc.......my village was founded in 1256 way before the English got to OZ.......and they only beat the french by a few days.......... :laughing:
Haha thanks mate. Imagine if the french colonized australia instead?! Haha
No doubt all countries have their issues, but when you live somewhere you definitely get a much better understanding of the people and their values.
Where abouts are you living??

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
About 1 hour due East of Bordeaux and 30 mins due west of Bergerac.......on the Dordogne River...............good rugby, but no league in the immediate area........
My w8fes family is from Avezac, which is about 40 mins east of Tarbes. We lived in Pau for 2 years. Beautiful little town. Close to great places like Bourdeaux and close to Spain. They have a decent rugby and basketball team too.
What made you move there? Did you marry a baguette also?

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
My w8fes family is from Avezac, which is about 40 mins east of Tarbes. We lived in Pau for 2 years. Beautiful little town. Close to great places like Bourdeaux and close to Spain. They have a decent rugby and basketball team too.
What made you move there? Did you marry a baguette also?
Pau and the Pyrennees Atlantique is a beautiful area......good beaches.....good mountains.....good rugby......and good food. I am married to an Aussie, but we both came to France many times on visits.......loved the history and culture.....and it is a lot cheaper to buy a house......but don't expect to make any great capital gain if any.......Went down Avezac way to watch Cadell Evans in the Tour de France.....great mountains

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how do you watch dogs games?
No problems TB......I have IPTV (Internet Protocol TV) and can pick up channels all around the world.......I get all matches from 9 or Fox each weekend plus all the shows like 360 Matty Johns etc.......costs me €75 per year (around $100AUD). Manage all of the UK channels, USA, Canada etc......

Last edited:

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Beautiful location...are you directly on the Dordogne? Limited housing there i thought?
No problems mate.....we are about 200 metres from the river, but considerably higher. The river was in flood 2 weeks ago, but no problems for us .........it did wash 4 cars almost into the river when a riverbank collapsed.....one belonged to my french teacher.......

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pau and the Pyrennees Atlantique is a beautiful area......good beaches.....good mountains.....good rugby......and good food. I am married to an Aussie, but we both came to France many times on visits.......loved the history and culture.....and it is a lot cheaper to buy a house......but don't expect to make any great capital gain if any.......Went down Avezac way to watch Cadell Evans in the Tour de France.....great mountains
Interesting. Yes, it is a beautiful part of france. I certainly loved it there. But im happy to be here in north queensland during this covid time.
So your plan is to live out your days there? My wife and i committed to australia, but i am sure our time in france is not over.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Interesting. Yes, it is a beautiful part of france. I certainly loved it there. But im happy to be here in north queensland during this covid time.
So your plan is to live out your days there? My wife and i committed to australia, but i am sure our time in france is not over.
Hopefully not Flambo ......and if you ever get back let me know......always happy to look after a committed Doggies fan.......

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully not Flambo ......and if you ever get back let me know......always happy to look after a committed Doggies fan.......
We will be back that way again. Sadly covid is keeping us from visiting all my wifes family. She misses them dearly.