Australian Politics - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I used to think that the governments were more powerful and control the media, honestly, recently I'm thinking it's the other way around.

If I were a super villain, I wouldn't want to be a leader of a country or even the UN, I would want to be a media giant.
They have massive influence bro. Especially given that in certain countries media and viewers have become very partisan in what they present/watch.

There's a reason Goebbels heavily invested in propaganda. IT WORKS!!!

There's a reason, in Turkey, erdogan gave a left wing media channel the biggest media fine (to put them out of business). Erdogan regularly closes Facebook and Twitter in Turkey when things are testing against him.

Controlling what the public know is a whole bunch of power.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They have massive influence bro. Especially given that in certain countries media and viewers have become very partisan in what they present/watch.

There's a reason Goebbels heavily invested in propaganda. IT WORKS!!!

There's a reason, in Turkey, erdogan gave a left wing media channel the biggest media fine (to put them out of business). Erdogan regularly closes Facebook and Twitter in Turkey when things are testing against him.

Controlling what the public know is a whole bunch of power.
Speaking of that evil fuck, a bit off topic but I bet my left nut that cuntrash will have a big part to play in WW3...

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of that evil fuck, a bit off topic but I bet my left nut that cuntrash will have a big part to play in WW3...
Hes getting on in age man. Hopefully he dies within the next 10 years. I don't think there will be a ww3 by then. If he dies his party falls apart, he's the glue for them

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No sorry bro, I'm going to completely disagree with you here.

Turnbull showed massive balls on a recent Q and A attacking the Australians former editor. Everyone was asking where the fuck was this turnbull before.

As for Rudd, Rudd's past shit stains are well documented, everyone knows about it, his own Labor colleagues have complained, publicly, about his behaviour.

To attack rudd now is just a diversion tactic, it's a blatant "look over there" attempt.

Murdoch press and TV stations are a shit stain here, in the US, and in the UK.

Fox news helped propagate January 6th in DC

The Sun does not even attempt to sell in Liverpool, England because the WHOLE CITY boycotted that tabloid for their lies about the hillsborough event

Murdoch's news of the world had a major worldwide incident where they hacked into people's phones

Murdoch is one of the most evil pieces of shit in the western world. His empire needs to be brought down
Exactly! Remember we discussed this before..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What if someone puts up a post about Turnbull complaining about Murdoch media. Is that still putting party first?

Just want to reiterate, I post bc of issues not party and always encourage others to do the same.

Regards of politics, Rudd makes some valid points.
Turnbull is more Labor than half of your party

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Turnbull is more Labor than half of your party
Not my party ....I believe in holding whichever party is in Govt to account but I do have humanitarian principles so I can understand your reasoning :grinning:

To answer your statement tho...YOUR party preselected Malc and voted for him twice to the position as leader of your party and then he had to personally donate 1.5 million to keep your party solvent. Ungrateful much :grinning:

Then you turn on him when he fiiinally grows some cahunas and starts exposing what happened.

Not Labors problem, nor wanted, I suggest :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That's why I said TRY to answer it lol

FFS I agree with most of the post that you used to disagree with me....****! :p

PS Murdoch has to be used as evidence that the devil exists.
Understand what you are saying but it concerns me that the majority of people hear of incidences of corrupt behaviour or some whistleblower steps up and immediately people say "oh yeah but the guy is salty so.... OR the guy insulted an airline stewardess and made her cry"

It's Whataboutism.

Why are we protecting a corrupt power hungry media baron. What has he ever done for Australia except promote division and pay off both sides for his own personal gain which goes against the national good.

His mother was philanthropic with the money they made here but I'd love to hear of anything Rupert gave to society. There will be rejoicing in the streets of UK, USA and Australia when Jerry Hall finally brings on that heart attack ;) We can only hope Lachlan can find as much social conscious as James has.

Do we throw out everything a disgruntled ex pollie says just bc we don't like them OR is it bc we don't like what they are saying.

We can't be cynical and wringe our hands and do nothing and dismiss information ALL the time about the corruption when it is pointed out to us by (if you really think about it) the very ones who know what's going on and have been the recipients of that misuse of power and on this issue that would be 2 ex-PM'S NOT looking for further feeding in the pig trough.

Sorry for rant but people hate left v right but political interference and manipulation has got us to this point, so its not much good standing on the outside of the ring throwing in the towel lol.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not my party ....I believe in holding whichever party is in Govt to account but I do have humanitarian principles so I can understand your reasoning :grinning:

To answer your statement tho...YOUR party preselected Malc and voted for him twice to the position as leader of your party and then he had to personally donate 1.5 million to keep your party solvent. Ungrateful much :grinning:

Then you turn on him when he fiiinally grows some cahunas and starts exposing what happened.

Not Labors problem, nor wanted, I suggest :grinning:
He was a terrible PM but still better than Rudd Gillard Rudd I guess

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He was a terrible PM but still better than Rudd Gillard Rudd I guess
Yes well support what the guy is telling you about the way the system is corrupt, instead of saying "he's just a Laborite".

He was your party's leader so give him some respect for his views and opinions now that he has finally found some.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Turnbull was a moderate. That basically makes him the enemy of LNP and ALP. But it puts him more on the left side of the Liberals more than the right side of Labor.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He was rejected by Labor and became Liberal but always acted Labor.
Would you mind elaborating on exactly what "Turnbull always acted Labor" means to you.

Examples of policies, statements etc that led you to conclude that.

And

When did it start? Whilst he was Opposition Leader or whilst Liberal Prime Minister?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes well support what the guy is telling you about the way the system is corrupt, instead of saying "he's just a Laborite".

He was your party's leader so give him some respect for his views and opinions now that he has finally found some.
Hmm. He and Rudd are desperate to stay in the limelight and are both pathetic people. Yes, I’ve met them both numerous times. Both pieces of shit

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Understand what you are saying but it concerns me that the majority of people hear of incidences of corrupt behaviour or some whistleblower steps up and immediately people say "oh yeah but the guy is salty so.... OR the guy insulted an airline stewardess and made her cry"

It's Whataboutism.

Why are we protecting a corrupt power hungry media baron. What has he ever done for Australia except promote division and pay off both sides for his own personal gain which goes against the national good.

His mother was philanthropic with the money they made here but I'd love to hear of anything Rupert gave to society. There will be rejoicing in the streets of UK, USA and Australia when Jerry Hall finally brings on that heart attack ;) We can only hope Lachlan can find as much social conscious as James has.

Do we throw out everything a disgruntled ex pollie says just bc we don't like them OR is it bc we don't like what they are saying.

We can't be cynical and wringe our hands and do nothing and dismiss information ALL the time about the corruption when it is pointed out to us by (if you really think about it) the very ones who know what's going on and have been the recipients of that misuse of power and on this issue that would be 2 ex-PM'S NOT looking for further feeding in the pig trough.

Sorry for rant but people hate left v right but political interference and manipulation has got us to this point, so its not much good standing on the outside of the ring throwing in the towel lol.
Nah you're free to rant, my point is it's not only Rupert who is a corrupt, evil mofo, all news agencies are the same shit but just push their version of evil to suit their agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.