Fitness is the key to Winning Premierships

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
You can have all the skill in the world and it will get you by for a bit of time but if you don't have the stamina to keep up you fall by the wayside , in respect TBAZ has recruited well and the training on the physicality side of things seems to be going primo , get out there and smash them boys

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
0-0 from whistle to whistle always believe those next points can make you winners

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You can have all the skill in the world and it will get you by for a bit of time but if you don't have the stamina to keep up you fall by the wayside , in respect TBAZ has recruited well and the training on the physicality side of things seems to be going primo , get out there and smash them boys
It also leads to fewer injuries. Teams who win premierships usually do so using far fewer players than the teams who finish at the bottom.

I think it all starts with fitness

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
Fitness comes to fold with focus of mind aswell don't let the Haters bring you down boys your a special crew and you have what it takes believe in yourselves

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the key to winning premierships is by winning premierships

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Tolman on the 4th...........oh wait wrong year!

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel a number of factors are involved in a team winning a premiership.
Fitness YES that is one.
Defence which is linked with attitude.
Minimal injuries.
No stupid suspensions
Minimal interference from origin.
50/50 calls going your way at crucial moments. A perfect example of that is what happened to the Raiders in the 2019 Grand Final
Discipline on the field.
No stupid stuff off the field that will attract the attention of the press and destabilise the team. EG the recent situation with Elliott.
Undoubtedly there is more that I can't think of at present.

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
I feel a number of factors are involved in a team winning a premiership.
Fitness YES that is one.
Defence which is linked with attitude.
Minimal injuries.
No stupid suspensions
Minimal interference from origin.
50/50 calls going your way at crucial moments. A perfect example of that is what happened to the Raiders in the 2019 Grand Final
Discipline on the field.
No stupid stuff off the field that will attract the attention of the press and destabilise the team. EG the recent situation with Elliott.
Undoubtedly there is more that I can't think of at present.
I think one of the biggest things you forgot is true grit and heart

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh fitness is a huge thing. The team that can stay intense the most minutes in a match usually wins. Dont often see a team be intense for the whole 80. Both attack and defence drops as intensity does.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You pretty much need it all. Never seen a team with shit attack or defence win a comp nor unskilled or I for