Bulldogs now must determine how to punish star Adam Elliott for alleged indiscretion

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You clearly do need a lecture on the law, because if you are sacking people due to incidents of a purely personal nature, you are overstepping your authority and it’s only a matter of time until someone sues you. And you’ll deserve it.

My guess is you’re a keyboard CEO and wouldn’t have the authority to sack a potato.
Clearly your love eyes for this dummy is blinding your judgement which is causing you to lash out at others without justification. You should also learn to read as I never said I sack people based purely on a personal nature, that was your dribble and not mine.

In days gone by it was much easier to remove a bad egg from your staff but due to some employers taking advantage of the laws and acting corruptly, laws have changed to protect workers in a fairer manner. Now you have almost the opposite were it is difficult to remove bad people, but not impossible. HR managers, employment agreements, tribunals, trial periods, reviews, and a multi-tier warning system for the employee all make it harder than just the old fashion way of saying your fired...

However, managing someone out of a job these days is the way to go and all good operations know exactly how if the have a troublesome staff member. Or better still be tougher on your employment screening to begin with and have a no dickhead policy, something the Dogs appear to lack.

BTW, I started working in my own business in 1987 (when you were about 5) and have never employed a potato but thanks for the advice..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'll have my last say on the matter as well then lol

There had BETTER BE clauses in his Contract, or another Appendix added immediately, stating that if there are any more incidents over the life of his contract with the Bulldogs, that are of such a contentious nature whether public perception of decent morals so as to bring shame and disrepute on his employer, (our club); public drunkeness including state of undress; offensive acts or language; that his Contract shall be terminated immediately by mutual agreement.

And he BETTER BE happy to immediately sign this clause forth with.

If that is the case then members, fans, supporters, sponsors can feel it will be dealt with satisfactorily if it ever were to happen again.

Because that is what the majority of Bulldogs people are worried about...it happening again and the Club is dragged thru the mud again through no fault of their own.

Reactions: ATT

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It was a pissed kiss, no one knows the true story, stop giving this air and move on everyone
If you think that is was a one off "pissed kiss" (which i find inexcusable anyway), come up to Brisbane and meet me at Kangaroo point - I have a Bridge i'd like to sell you.

Last edited:

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you think that is was a one off "pissed kiss" (which i find inexcusable anyway), come up to Brisbane and meet me at Kangaroo point - I have a Bridge i'd like to sell you.
I live right next to that bridge! :smiley:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Clearly your love eyes for this dummy is blinding your judgement which is causing you to lash out at others without justification. You should also learn to read as I never said I sack people based purely on a personal nature, that was your dribble and not mine.

In days gone by it was much easier to remove a bad egg from your staff but due to some employers taking advantage of the laws and acting corruptly, laws have changed to protect workers in a fairer manner. Now you have almost the opposite were it is difficult to remove bad people, but not impossible. HR managers, employment agreements, tribunals, trial periods, reviews, and a multi-tier warning system for the employee all make it harder than just the old fashion way of saying your fired...

However, managing someone out of a job these days is the way to go and all good operations know exactly how if the have a troublesome staff member. Or better still be tougher on your employment screening to begin with and have a no dickhead policy, something the Dogs appear to lack.

BTW, I started working in my own business in 1987 (when you were about 5) and have never employed a potato but thanks for the advice..
If he worked for me, he would be gone.

Those are your exact words. That is a clear implication you think you would be within your rights to sack him for something that is in no way a contractual infringement of his workplace obligations and if given the chance, would do so. My comprehension skills are fine. Perhaps it’s you who needs to learn to choose your words more wisely. You can’t go around sacking people because you disagree with choices they make in their personal lives these days.

I don’t care if you started running a business in 1967. It doesn’t give you the right to go around sacking people based on personal matters which don’t infringe upon contractual obligations and it doesn’t make you an authority on what the bulldogs should do in situations like Elliott’s. Trying to infer superiority or moral authority based on your age and experience is such a boomer thing to do.... lol. If you legitimately own a business, you must understand that your words were poorly chosen, because if you actually did employ Elliott and sacked him over an issue like this, there’s a very good chance you would find yourself on the receiving end of an unfair dismissal lawsuit.

You can talk about my “love eyes” all you want. The reality is, my position is pretty rational.... and the level of love I show Elliott is just a hyperbolic reaction to the disproportionate hate he has been copping on this forum since long before this incident took place. It will continue for as long as he is at the club and fans continue to show him what I see as disproportionate levels of hate snd animosity.

My point is pretty simple - it’s a completely personal matter and if the club has decided to support him through it, kenellers should put their pitchforks back in their sheds and get over it. As long as they continue to rage over it, I’ll continue to have fun playing devil’s advocate.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You're right, you are special. Just not in the way you think..
And now, straight after calling me out for a so called personal attack, you make a comment that could be construed as a personal attack against me. Not to mention a comment that is demeaning to those who have special needs. Oh, the hypocrisy. Lol

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he worked for me, he would be gone.

Those are your exact words. That is a clear implication you think you would be within your rights to sack him for something that is in no way a contractual infringement of his workplace obligations and if given the chance, would do so. My comprehension skills are fine. Perhaps it’s you who needs to learn to choose your words more wisely. You can’t go around sacking people because you disagree with choices they make in their personal lives these days.

I don’t care if you started running a business in 1967. It doesn’t give you the right to go around sacking people based on personal matters which don’t infringe upon contractual obligations and it doesn’t make you an authority on what the bulldogs should do in situations like Elliott’s. Trying to infer superiority or moral authority based on your age and experience is such a boomer thing to do.... lol. If you legitimately own a business, you must understand that your words were poorly chosen, because if you actually did employ Elliott and sacked him over an issue like this, there’s a very good chance you would find yourself on the receiving end of an unfair dismissal lawsuit.

You can talk about my “love eyes” all you want. The reality is, my position is pretty rational.... and the level of love I show Elliott is just a hyperbolic reaction to the disproportionate hate he has been copping on this forum since long before this incident took place. It will continue for as long as he is at the club and fans continue to show him what I see as disproportionate levels of hate snd animosity.

My point is pretty simple - it’s a completely personal matter and if the club has decided to support him through it, kenellers should put their pitchforks back in their sheds and get over it. As long as they continue to rage over it, I’ll continue to have fun playing devil’s advocate.
That's was 3 minutes of my life I will never get back.. I have tried to stay civil with you as I have never had any beef with you previously even though you haven't reciprocated, but you are a fucking joke.

If he worked for me dopey he would be gone not because I disagree with his personal views or choices but because he has had multiple indiscretions which have reflected badly on the business he works for. I would have given him his due warnings etc. but ultimately then had to manage him out of my business. He simply is someone that doesn't learn from his mistakes.

Don't bother responding, as I have no interest in wasting any more of my time reading your crap..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That's was 3 minutes of my life I will never get back.. I have tried to stay civil with you as I have never had any beef with you previously even though you haven't reciprocated, but you are a fucking joke.

If he worked for me dopey he would be gone not because I disagree with his personal views or choices but because he has had multiple indiscretions which have reflected badly on the business he works for. I would have given him his due warnings etc. but ultimately then had to manage him out of my business. He simply is someone that doesn't learn from his mistakes.

Don't bother responding, as I have no interest in wasting any more of my time reading your crap..
I could easily respond and point out some more holes in your logic, but it’s clear you are getting a little emotional and have no interest in a rational argument, so I’ll just let you run a nice hot bath instead.

Namaste

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And now, straight after calling me out for a so called personal attack, you make a comment that could be construed as a personal attack against me. Not to mention a comment that is demeaning to those who have special needs. Oh, the hypocrisy. Lol
Settle down. This is why the thread should be closed. It's become a shitfight.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok the last word ok!!! I swear

This thread is turning into another love triangle that would compete against the thread itself so how about the MOD shut this down before we have to call in the divorce lawyers to the Kennel.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You do realise the Elliott is not an “employee” and as such we can’t sack him. He works for himself not us, he is a “contractor” and he has broken nothing that is in his contract, there are simply no grounds that his contract could be terminated. This was proven by the "NRL’s Independent Appeals Committee" who determined that Okunbor and CHN could not have their contracts “torn up” either.

The fact is he was under no legal obligation to even pay the fine or make an apology. He chose to do it of his own volition, which is why it was carefully worded to avoid any legal repercussions stemming from the apology.

Go Dogs

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBar claimed recently that he had learned that one should recruit on character not talent. If character is the criteria Elliott has to go.