News Matt Burton wants out

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bro hopefully it's well before Jun 30. Burton already wants out and once he plays a few CC games, you'd think he'd get the shits even more and start making even more noise about an early release. I'd be shocked if the Panthers keep an unhappy player with them all year - I can't remember the last time that actually happened.

That Ava signing seems a little weird to me. Seems like a player swap with one of our props is on the cards. The fact that the player (prince) told you Burton will be here is also a little weird - Baz would have to be pretty confident he'll be here by Rd 1 if he's told the playing group.

I think he'll be here before Rd 1 but Ivan being a dick means he'll probably release him the day before we smash the Knights
Its gone from Burton to be announced after the the Gf to before christmas to every week of preseason training to round 1 to June 30!! :tearsofjoy:
I think people just need to face the facts he is not coming until Nov 1.
Oh sorry I forgot after round 2 when we play them and after Origin Ffs!! Haha

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon we will get Burton after we play the panthers. They cannot continue playing hard ball.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its gone from Burton to be announced after the the Gf to before christmas to every week of preseason training to round 1 to June 30!! :tearsofjoy:
Mate I remember you saying he was going to sign with us at all....and then he did. He'll be here before Nov....gotta stay positive

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well like I have been saying since we signed him, our board is not giving up until June 30.

Round 1 came from a current player which I will name if he doesn't come over.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like it or not Its not going to happen!
Cleary was always keeping him he is just playing games with the player swap and the ridiculous trade so they don't look like assholes in keeping him.
Burton is their best back up he is way in front on Salmon,May and others.
Cleary is just selfish and has his eyes on the premiership only.
Burton is not doing enough to help his own cause... unfortunately, one has to make it super clear even if he doesn’t really mean it... enter Aloai, he’s publicly stated he will never wear the Tigers jersey again, that will pretty much do it.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well like I have been saying since we signed him, our board is not giving up until June 30.

Round 1 came from a current player which I will name if he doesn't come over.
Yeah i get that our board will not give up on trying to get him but i dont believe Cleary will let him go he's too valuable to him.
Maybe your source has jumped the gun and want him with us as much as we all do.
Im hoping that im wrong!

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton is not doing enough to help his own cause... unfortunately, one has to make it super clear even if he doesn’t really mean it... enter Aloai, he’s publicly stated he will never wear the Tigers jersey again, that will pretty much do it.
I dont think Burton is that type of player which i am happy for.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think Burton is that type of player which i am happy for.
Why? Sometimes you need to force your way out of it’s in your best interests. Being nice about it makes no sense as he essentially loses a year of his career when he’s NRL ready.
Penrith are being hypocrites here as they have both signed and released players under contract when it suits them. Burton being willing to sit out would force their hand. He’s only useful to them if he’s willing to play backup

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We had a chance to swap him for Napa and didn’t . . . WTF ?? We want Napa out, we wanted Burton in for 2021, we had that opportunity and didn’t think that was a good option. it’s inexplicable

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We had a chance to swap him for Napa and didn’t . . . WTF ?? We want Napa out, we wanted Burton in for 2021, we had that opportunity and didn’t think that was a good option. it’s inexplicable
I have to agree with this. If there was or is a genuine deal to give them Napa even with us tipping in to get Burton now, its an absolute must!