• NO - Conspiracy related

Votes: 9 13.2%

• Total voters

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If it will turn me into a flash eating zombie than definitely yes.
I dont want to be a sheep, not take it and then be eaten by zombies.
I think that makes sense.

But seriously I still dont know.
Anyone point me to data/info of long term effects?

Basically put, there's no known long term side effects. There could be some that aren't discovered yet but no one has found any after rigorous testing so it's unlikely.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sci-fi bullshit.

There's only one technology we have that can edit DNA. It's called CRISPR and it's extremely complex. But even then it doesn't exactly alter your DNA like you would think. It's basically programmable bacteria that snips your DNA.

The vaccine is also RNA based. Completely different to DNA. An RNA vaccine affecting DNA is literally impossible. Couldn't happen no matter how much technology you put in it.
Was leaning towards that, not a scientist, just critically thinking.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was leaning towards that, not a scientist, just critically thinking.
The one thing you have to keep in mind when discerning any information on the internet, or in general discussion, is that we live in a time where technology allows the uneducated and the trolls to be more vocal than the experts.

I'm other words, take anything you read with a grain of salt. Until it's confirmed by an army of experts after rigorous research, then take it all with a grain of salt.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I obviously haven't full studied the vaccine, but IIRC, the C19 vaccine is a modified existing vaccine, or something along those lines...
The Covid-19 vaccines are actually new using advanced technology to effectively create a fake virus that's injected into you. It's a newish process but it has been around for over a decade and has been heavily tested. And due to it being strand programming, it's actually more controlled and better understood than other existing vaccines.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, I understand the comedy of using a fake virus to combat an actual virus that many believe is fake.

What you're injected with is RNA peogrammed to mimic a virus, but it's actually just inert stuff that can't do any harm. But it teaches your body about the Covid-19 virus so you're prepared for it when you get it.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Basically put, there's no known long term side effects. There could be some that aren't discovered yet but no one has found any after rigorous testing so it's unlikely.
Thanks Hacky. Do you know of any reports or studies that go into medical trials of various vaccines. I did look on the government website about a week ago but couldnt find anything.
Or would that info be classified because of private pharma companies? I really dont understand any of this stuff.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The Covid-19 vaccines are actually new using advanced technology to effectively create a fake virus that's injected into you. It's a newish process but it has been around for over a decade and has been heavily tested. And due to it being strand programming, it's actually more controlled and better understood than other existing vaccines.
So basically the same concept of the flu shot?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The Cocaine you probs took (not judging talking from experience) if you grew up and went to Sydney clubs took a week or two to make but randoms that we’re not scientists or have degrees.
Meth and pills would be even worse than coke, quality and sanitary wise.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks Hacky. Do you know of any reports or studies that go into medical trials of various vaccines. I did look on the government website about a week ago but couldnt find anything.
Or would that info be classified because of private pharma companies? I really dont understand any of this stuff.
There is publicly available information on the trials. For example, this is one of the trials for the Pfizer vaccine

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So basically the same concept of the flu shot?
Yep. But with the flu vaccine they use either an inert virus, or a minute dose of the active virus (usually inert virus)

The Covid-19 doesn't actually contain any virus. Not even an inert version. It just mimics the virus so your body thinks its getting the virus.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep. But with the flu vaccine they use either an inert virus, or a minute dose of the active virus (usually inert virus)

The Covid-19 doesn't actually contain any virus. Not even an inert version. It just mimics the virus so your body thinks its getting the virus.
Sorry just one more question, when you say inert, do you mean kind of like a Trojan horse style of approach? (Sorry, couldn't think of a better example)

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm fairly healthy and my immune system generally kicks the crap out of any illness I get quickly. But my housemate has a minor heart condition and his parents are 87 and 92. So as a precaution for them I'll get the vaccination.

I know that people who are sceptical about vaccines have their own reasons (which I think are misguided) for being scared of them. But some of the most deadly issues we've faced have all but been wiped out thanks to vaccines. I look at images of hundreds of people in iron lungs as a result of polio and I'm thankful that we live in an age when science can give us a chance to eliminate some deadly diseases.

Given that covid 19 can lead to some pretty serious complications for survivors, even if it's found later that this vaccine has side effects they missed, it's probably safe to say they're not likely to be more severe than the virus itself causes in some people.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry just one more question, when you say inert, do you mean kind of like a Trojan horse style of approach? (Sorry, couldn't think of a better example)
Kind of. Inert just means that it's effectively not active. Can't spread of infect you. But your body doesn't know that.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Will you take it?

You can remain anonymous if you wish, just interested how we think on here.

Myself with my condition I can't take it until the Professors clear us for it. Mind you they didn't let us even take the normal flu shot the last 2 years.
Waiting to get it. Unfortunately we've been dudded over here and have received a lot less than we were supposed to, but ope to have it within the next month or so. Fingers crossed.