Sack JMK

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually thought JMK played pretty well, made his tackles, good service from dummy half, had some sharp darts and made good metres every time. Hit Benji 99% of the time when he wanted the ball and only didn't the once which Benji rightly let him know. Passes were in front of the catcher almost every time and they caught them, which is kinda important, fundamental for a dummy half. Hit Benji with a perfect pass which enabled him to put Riki over.

Go Dogs

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bit over the hooker debate. Anyone with half a brain knows we need a top class number 9 but they don’t grow on trees.

We nearly had Korasou last year but Penrith got him at the last minute. There were no decent hookers on the market this year or otherwise Baz would have got one.

Malla

Reaction score
His service was terrible, even his brother had a go at him. Easily the worst hooker playing tonight.
His brother had a go at him because he wouldn’t pass him the ball as much as he wanted him to

Reactions: J_B

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
His brother had a go at him because he wouldn’t pass him the ball as much as he wanted him to
During the game not post game in the interview. He was gesturing for quicker service from what I could make out...either way it doesn't take us seeing that to work out that he's below average at best. Service slow and inaccurate, no vision, poor decision making...all he has is reliable defence. Rally deflating having to see him last night and remind us that he's our starting 9 for this season.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This problem stems from the fact that good players were not attracted to our club largely due to the previous coach.
I know we had money constraints but the buck stops with pay,management should have made an earlier call

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
Lmao what water are you guys drinking better go to the quacks and get a check up it's an early season trial ofcourse there is going to be cobwebs

Reactions: J_B

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been the problem area for years. The previous administration tried to address it but unfortunately missed out on targets. By the time Baz and co took over, the options available weren't great.

Starling would have been a good buy but why he stayed at Canberra to be a backup is beyond me. Turpin might become available if Cam steals his job? If not, we'll probably just have to ride it out with JMK and Katoa for the season and hope that they can be serviceable.
He is guaranteed more game time due to Hodgson being prone to season ending injury

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is guaranteed more game time due to Hodgson being prone to season ending injury
Hodgson is injury prone but he should be fit for round 1 though shouldn't he? They'll still find 30 minutes or so for Starling, but you would have thought he would have tried to find a starting role after last season.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I watched the game again ,.JMK service was good as others have said his passes were landing out in front on the chest , he had some good darts with the ball and his defence through the middle was strong and he made some great cover tackles too. Not bad for his 1st trial of the year.

The Allstars game there wouldn't of been alot of structure involved seeing as though the team had been together for a week.

That will be different under Baz , I still have hope that JMK will continue to improve

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I didn't even see the interview, I just saw Benji having a go at him during the game. It's pretty clear but some just refuse to admit it and hang onto hope that Baz is going to miraculously turn JMK into a competent hooker...no vision, poor decision making, average service.

I'm sure he will start the season there as the safe option...Baz will likely limit the role of hooker and see how things go. No doubt Katoa, Wakeham or Lewis and whoever else trained there this preseason will get a run at some point.
With baz there now instead of pay I think jmk is on borrowed time.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m struggling to see how we are going to be competitive enough to scrape into the 8 with jmk at hooker. Especially with the new rules and faster game the no. 9 is critical to building and maintaining the momentum and keeping the opposition defence back-pedalling IMO.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unless Cam Smith goes to Brisbane and we try and get Turpin, or someone else becomes available, then we're likely stuck with JMK and Katoa for this season.
missed that boat, time to grab turpin was when broncos were refusing to release macca, its to late now

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What concerns me is that it appears again that we only have 1 player that can steer the ship just like last year (Foran).
Lewis, Wakeham, Avo, JMK, none of these blokes will lead the team if Flano goes down.
I wish we landed a ball playing hooker with vision.
Oh well it is what it is, Burton will arrive at some stage and Im sure recruitment will improve with the amount of blokes off contract at the end of the year.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Did deitz play last night and how did he go at Hooker ???

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cotter, better. Cust, better. Luke (lol), better.
Cotter was good, he was the only 9 that tried to straighten the attack I thought. Everyone else shit slow service or erratic sideways runnings including other spine players