Opinion Storm at the end of their run.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Without Bellamy and Smith, how attractive are they in securing, obtaining players. Will they still be a threat? Or will players look for other opportunities.
Harry Grant only there till end of 22 which makes him I think 23years old. Worth future consideration.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never write the storm off no matter many have tried and ate there words as long as bellemy in charge they won’t fail 06 the storm we’re written off without Orford and found Cronk and all the pieces fell into place for the next 12-15 yrs with a side built around a core foundation of a 1-7-9 base

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who will coach next year?
Hughes has huge offers.
Munster already toughted as next qld inclusion captain.
Addo Carr with us next year.
What you think now.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Storm have a great culture, I doubt they wouldnt have plans for post Smith/Bellamy.

We all that they would drop when the big four (Inglis/Slater/Cronk/Smith) split but they still kept winning.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The key for them will be in lining up another quality coach. It wouldn't surprise me if they're trying to get Flanagan. The jury is out on him though. His success so far has been tainted by cap breaches and peptide use. If he goes there he'll have a decent roster, but will still be a tough task to maintain the success of the Storms great era. Not sure who else they'd chase that has a tradition of success.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Big 3
Papenhuyzen
Munster
Grant

Coach
Jason Ryles or Eric Smith

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hope your right bro
Well my usual guy hasn't got it wrong for many, many years.

The player actually volunteered the info to my sister-in-law. His exact words were "Tell Ed we are preparing to have Matty against the Knights".

All honesty, I'm thinking we will get him after we play Penrith in round 2 (IIRC).

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The key for them will be in lining up another quality coach. It wouldn't surprise me if they're trying to get Flanagan. The jury is out on him though. His success so far has been tainted by cap breaches and peptide use. If he goes there he'll have a decent roster, but will still be a tough task to maintain the success of the Storms great era. Not sure who else they'd chase that has a tradition of success.
Deanno was an assistant there so perhaps after his successful stink here .....oh wait....ok, forget this message

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never write the storm off love them or hate them I’ve thought they were done multiple times for the last 8 years and they just find a way what a club

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my usual guy hasn't got it wrong for many, many years.

The player actually volunteered the info to my sister-in-law. His exact words were "Tell Ed we are preparing to have Matty against the Knights".

All honesty, I'm thinking we will get him after we play Penrith in round 2 (IIRC).
Interesting that your mate Lewis would volunteer that info :laughing:

I wonder how Avo feels training at 6 when Baz has already told the playing squad that Burton will be the 6 in Rd 1.

TBH I don't see the point of Penrith releasing him after Rd 2...they could just demand that Burton doesn't play against them. Hopefully we get some news this week now that the Adam Idiot shit is behind us

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without Bellamy and Smith, how attractive are they in securing, obtaining players. Will they still be a threat? Or will players look for other opportunities.
Harry Grant only there till end of 22 which makes him I think 23years old. Worth future consideration.
Come this November we should offer Grant $1M a season from 2023 (yes he's worth it and will prove it again this year) Also sign cheap the best young hooker who gets a run this year for another club and is off contract of course. They can be our hooker for 2022 then back up after that. Don't want JMK even as a back up.