Official Adam Elliott statement

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
Re Elliott and his influence over the younger players.
You'd kinda have to conclude that with them looking at him and seeing the sheet he gets himself into, whether innocently, or bad timing, or drunk, or pp brain dead and the subsequent embarrassment and unwanted notoriety...it must have the impact of ...I won't go down that road if I want to have a successful career and then cash in on a successful career after football in media or with pub management with Mr Laundy :grinning:
Remember he has to live with his açtions to some of the best people come from scenarios like this

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So glad they didn’t fine him or parade him before the jackals in the media at a time when he has a lot of other things to focus on. Also that they are offering him the support he needs.

Perfect response by the club.
You expecting this to be his last or willing to accept another transgression that affects the club.
Remember he has to live with his açtions to some of the best people come from scenarios like this
After what he went through with Mad Monday, the court appearances and front pages and character assassination from the press, and he is also in our team leadership group, he really should already be "some of our best people".

There's lots of fans cheesed off.

The club has decided and made a determination....I assume Baz had a big input with the decision so thats the end to it.

Up to Elliott now.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't feel that confident about Elliott changing his ways. Rightly or wrongly he was the main focus of the Mad Monday thing and you'd think he would have learnt his lesson from that. How many wake up calls does one person need? It's probably going to take an incident that costs him his career for it to sink in.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope Elliott now goes on to win the dally m. Enough of this circus. Let’s get to the footy. Last chance for him at the dogs. One more fuck up he should go.

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
You expecting this to be his last or willing to accept another transgression that affects the club.
After what he went through with Mad Monday, the court appearances and front pages and character assassination from the press, and he is also in our team leadership group, he really should already be "some of our best people".

There's lots of fans cheesed off.

The club has decided and made a determination....I assume Baz had a big input with the decision so thats the end to it.

Up to Elliott now.
Correct

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't feel that confident about Elliott changing his ways. Rightly or wrongly he was the main focus of the Mad Monday thing and you'd think he would have learnt his lesson from that. How many wake up calls does one person need? It's probably going to take an incident that costs him his career for it to sink in.
I wonder if Hansen can help with this?

Reactions: ATT

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink his destiny is in his hands now let's hope he takes this chance and shakes the apple tree to prove people wrong

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hopefully it will be his last .... he and the club seem to have identified he has a problem snd have indicated they will take the necessary steps to address it. But if he is a full blown alcoholic, managing thst is a lifelong problem.

Let’s cross that bridge if we get to it, shall we? Silly to speculate about a future transgression when we don’t know what it might be or if it will occur. It would probably depend on the nature of it. I don’t even think either the mad Monday thing or the video were that big of a deal. As far as this latest incident, he has identified that he has a problem and seems to be going through a very difficult time with his family as a result of what he did. I think he has every reason to avoid making the same mistake.

In short, I will wait to see if any future incidents occur and what they actually are before forming an opinion on what should be done about them. I think that’s a commonsense approach.

Hopefully Adam can go on to win multiple premierships, an episode of family feud and will one day be prime minister of the country.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I used to like Elliot, I don't anymore, anyone that has it in them to do that to a mate.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Hansen can help with this?
I’m not sure if he has any problems with alcohol it’s probably better to get professional help. Hansen or the clubs welfare officer will hopefully be a bridge between the two.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bit of additional info from a SMH article:

"Elliott has refused to call Lichaa since the incident. Elliott has vowed to deal with alcohol issues.

His partner Robyn and their nine-month-old son Lennex have since returned to the Northern Territory, but the couple have remained in contact. Elliott, who had consumed a dozen beers on the night, addressed the playing group early on Monday last week and how he crossed the line with Childerhouse.

He said he and Lichaa did not trade blows."

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I used to like Elliot, I don't anymore, anyone that has it in them to do that to a mate.
I think it’s interesting that most people want to focus on what he did to lichaa (who had apparently been unfaithful himself on many occasions) and not to his partner and family. We really do live in a bro code culture.

In any case, he made a huge error in judgment (or several... he should have caught the Uber home with his missus and all the drama could have been avoided.) But I’m not about to put an asterisk and the words shit bloke next to his name in permanent marker due to one mistake. Most people have it in them to do something as bad, or even worse.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A bit of additional info from a SMH article:

"Elliott has refused to call Lichaa since the incident. Elliott has vowed to deal with alcohol issues.

His partner Robyn and their nine-month-old son Lennex have since returned to the Northern Territory, but the couple have remained in contact. Elliott, who had consumed a dozen beers on the night, addressed the playing group early on Monday last week and how he crossed the line with Childerhouse.

He said he and Lichaa did not trade blows."
Only a dozen?...this is getting worse :tearsofjoy:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
alcohol issues? counselling? LOL.

No, he's just a ****. You don't need counseling for that.

Sorry, can't stand cheaters.

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
alcohol issues? counselling? LOL.

No, he's just a ****. You don't need counseling for that.

Sorry, can't stand cheaters.
Pan used to paint dicks on the st in Rome at the brothels when in Rome sin like a roman

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
Lighten up chaps do you call a Bull a cheat because he has ten hefers