The Mardi Gras vs the ANZACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is it that the Mardi gras coming up in a few weeks is a free for all when people can March down the street in g-strings , no cap on people marching or watching

But for our proud brave ANZACS only 500 can March due to covid? These brave people defended our country and way of life . If they want to march, they certainly have the right. But have to enter a ballet to be selected in the cap of 500 to march?

But this mob at the Mardi gras? Covid dont exist for them hopping about (out of time) in g-strings and pulling faces? Is this ridiculous? Should they Show some respect to the ANZACS and acknowledge we are in a health crisis? What did they do to earn the right to march with less restrictions than the ANZACS? hoodwinked everyone to vote yes?

Wedding and funerals have been restricted,
can't go to church, sporting matches, noone can go to the tennis? Must wear masks on public transport? But Mardi gras it's basically a free for all?

What is going on?

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The double standards are a disgrace but we don’t want to offend anyone

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Good point Boost, it's a disgrace.
But no doubt the brave men and women who have served our country will be honoured like the heroes they are on the most important day of the year. Like last year. Seeing all of your neighbours paying their respects outside their homes was special in itself. May the proud warriors young and old stay safe and hopefully get back to being able to freely march again in 2022 and beyond.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point Boost, it's a disgrace.
But no doubt the brave men and women who have served our country will be honoured like the heroes they are on the most important day of the year. Like last year. Seeing all of your neighbours paying their respects outside their homes was special in itself. May the proud warriors young and old stay safe and hopefully get back to being able to freely march again in 2022 and beyond.
Of course, but in the meantime? The Mardi gras does whatever it wants? Has more right to march than the ANZACS? It's a mega slap in the face

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Of course, but in the meantime? The Mardi gras does whatever it wants? It's a huge slap in the face
You don't have to convince me mate, I 100% agree. It's a fucking joke. Same as during the absolute peak COVID period in Australia they allowed the Black Lives Matter protests to proceed unabated on the East Coast. PC fucking garbage rules the world in this day and age, it's pathetic TBH.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score

Don't let facts get in the way

It took about 20 seconds to look that up and read it
Where does it state how many people are able to attend though?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
are there even 500 anzacs still alive?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a preliminary approval from the state government, things could change. However you would expect limited tickets given that our sporting events have had limited allowances. I don't know the total number.

But it's not going full steam ahead as suggested in this thread, there have been changes made in regards to covid. There will also be policing of social distancing.

Oxford St will play absolutely no part in the parade, the whole parade is going to be in the SCG

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's a preliminary approval from the state government, things could change. However you would expect limited tickets given that our sporting events have had limited allowances. I don't know the total number.

But it's not going full steam ahead as suggested in this thread, there have been changes made in regards to covid. There will also be policing of social distancing.

Oxford St will play absolutely no part in the parade, the whole parade is going to be in the SCG
I'm sure Oxford St would be the after-party.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey! Coming out as gay and lesbian is the hardest and bravest thing to do even though msm, Hollywood, twitter, globalists essentially will worship your announcement lol. But yes very brave gays very brave. The anzacs were just murderers that killed Turks for no good gosh darn reason. It’s not like the Turks were evil doers genociding a religious group in the millions, I won’t name that religion because that religion bad and Turks did nothing wrong.
On a serious note, you know we’ve progressed as a society and on our way to world peace when gays are held up higher than men who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Hey! Coming out as gay and lesbian is the hardest and bravest thing to do even though msm, Hollywood, twitter, globalists essentially will worship your announcement lol. But yes very brave gays very brave. The anzacs were just murderers that killed Turks for no good gosh darn reason. It’s not like the Turks were evil doers genociding a religious group in the millions, I won’t name that religion because that religion bad and Turks did nothing wrong.
On a serious note, you know we’ve progressed as a society and on our way to world peace when gays are held up higher than men who paid the ultimate sacrifice.
are you claiming that MSM and/or hollywood disrespects the anzac WW1 effort?

there is a public holiday for this occasion over 100 years after the events, i think MSM is on board and hollywood has many films to honor war heroes and glorifying the wars

this is just you trying to be the victim as usual

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
No not original ANZAC soldiers, pretty sure the last one passed away about 10 years ago.
But all serving members past and present carry on the spirit of the ANZAC.
WW2 the last noble war, the anzac spirit took a hit when they invaded iraq for oil purposes, at least the A part of Anzac did

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
23000 or 50% capacity.
And has a 6 hour time limit.
Not that big a deal.

I do agree with you though about standing outside on Anzac at sunrise last year. I did it but not many of my neighbours did. Hopefully more join in this year. It’s important and I have even more respect for it having done the dawn service at Gallipoli.

Status
Not open for further replies.