Opinion Mason on Twitter

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah. Kinda Shane Warne for me - struggling for relevance.
When he left to go to Bondi I lost interest. Then he become a journeyman. On yer bike Willie.
Maaaate.

Bit of a leap there @DinkumDog..? I understand you position on Willie and his comments but comparing him to the greatest spin bowler in test cricket of all time?

Warnie has more relevance in his little toe that big Willie has or would ever have.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Maaaate.

Bit of a leap there @DinkumDog..? I understand you position in Willie and his comments but comparing him to the greatest spin bowler in test cricket of all time? Warnie has more relevance in his little toe that big Willie has or would ever have.
No I meant post career Baz - saying dumb shit to try to stay in the spotlight.
I'd never compare the two in terms of sporting achievement - it's night and day...

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do it Trent... DO IT!

Seg has ripped us apart many times...awesome when on game.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No I meant post career Baz - saying dumb shit to try to stay in the spotlight.
I'd never compare the two in terms of sporting achievement - it's night and day...
That’s fair, and Warnie is without question the greatest tosser of all time and in love with himself so much that if he could do himself he would.

But he is also almost always spot on with his views and commentary with cricket. Willie is just a big kid that misses the club he shat on.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There’s a few of these ex players who have been all around the world yet some fans seem to love, I can’t understand it either.
Not to mention he shat all over Folkes for a few years and hammered him every chance he got. All that despite Folkes giving Mason his debut, Willie playing his best footy with us and winning a comp..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see if Barrett recognizes the traits that we don't see a lot of from JMK. He showed some good dummy half running on occasion over the last few seasons. It didn't seem like it was something that was encouraged though. Hopefully Barrett has watched enough tapes of what all our squad can do and encourages these things rather than tries to opt for a game plan that is mostly safe percentage plays.

I wouldn't really want Segeyaro. He had his best few seasons early on at Penrith and hasn't impressed me all that much since then.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Findings were he took the substance unintentionally. Could see him ripping it up for us along with JAC next year.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Findings were he took the substance unintentionally. Could see him ripping it up for us along with JAC next year.
How the hell they could be certain he took it unintentionally has got me rooted. Send him to to Saints, get the band back together with him and knobber Norman. Happy days!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
JMK isn't good enough and what Mason says is true, it's just a little disrespectful I guess for a person in his position to say (?). It's like saying QLD this year were one of their worst ever side fielded ever, which I'd also say is true. The problem I have anyways is the suggestion of Segeyaro. Anyways JMK's had enough time to prove himself and he still has a little bit of time until we sign a good hooker. It's been and is up to him really.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jmk will have a good year . He’s been above average in a below average team.
He will keep on improving I think he turns 25 or 26 this year, with a few years under his belt now I can only see him going up.
If we were to buy a hooker if he is not world class then stick with jmk and bolster elsewhere .