CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not sure.

But if this blokes 19 year old son is going to get done for drink driving on his P's, how the fuck is he gonna get players to cooperate.
I feel like it's common for kids of cops to fuck up, at least in my experience. I did grow up with a lot of shit people though so it was probably just that.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what about the cases that involves players vs cops? ala Curtis Scott

The coppers cant even get their own house in order so how are they going to pass judgement or provide advice on such matters???

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about a focus on targeting more tolerant and less sensitive sponsors. This concept of continually raising the standards and demands on perhaps one of the most regulated and pressured working environments for young men and women in the country must soon be given some more consideration.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I blame the Sydney media, we never hear much about the bad stuff that goes on in aerial ping pong, because the Melbourne media worships at the alter of AFL. When they do publish anything it's one day thing and then it disappears to be the next day's fish wrappings. Here the media pisses all over NRL players at every opportunity, even when they themselves create the situation (eg; Mad Monday). Then they keep digging it up for not just days, or weeks, or even months, but years later when everyone involved has well and truly moved on (eg; Coffs harbour).

Moving on, this is good positive media publicity from the NRL, having the Police Commissioner on the NRL Board won't hurt. Whether it actually helps in a practical sense or not is irrelevant. It will create positive click bait and that's all that seems to matter to many these days.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuckin stupid to say the least. I'm sure all the players will think twice now this blokes in town

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What about a focus on targeting more tolerant and less sensitive sponsors. This concept of continually raising the standards and demands on perhaps one of the most regulated and pressured working environments for young men and women in the country must soon be given some more consideration.
Thats right but thats the way it is :(

We eat our own.

Fox have the rights to NRL yet they are the biggest wreckers as far as dragging the game down to the gutter, in the perception of the public.

Greenberg asked them to talk it up but only got bagged out for his trouble.

If thats the way it is, and it is, then the very well paid players need to comply.

Its a tough game and they only have a limited time to earnt it, but tell me one other job that guys like Elliott, Barba, Pearce, Carney, Lodge, Haas etc etc (with varying degrees of seriousness and offences) can earn these huge salaries.

$450k a year is huge money, so you expect they should be able to keep themselves out of trouble and/or messy situations.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
$450k a year is huge money, so you expect they should be able to keep themselves out of trouble and/or messy situations.
It's actually not "huge money" when you look at in the context that a player might get 10 years in the NRL if they are lucky (most don't), starting off on the minimum and then there is the income tax that they pay in that short time time. Which is the equivalent to you an I earning ~$80k per annum for our 40 year adult working life. Not anywhere near "huge money" for a lifetime.

Go Dogs

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats right but thats the way it is :(

We eat our own.

Fox have the rights to NRL yet they are the biggest wreckers as far as dragging the game down to the gutter, in the perception of the public.

Greenberg asked them to talk it up but only got bagged out for his trouble.

If thats the way it is, and it is, then the very well paid players need to comply.

Its a tough game and they only have a limited time to earnt it, but tell me one other job that guys like Elliott, Barba, Pearce, Carney, Lodge, Haas etc etc (with varying degrees of seriousness and offences) can earn these huge salaries.

I like your style Wendog....that is how it is...but we need to give it some consideration as the zoo keeper approach aint working;...