Official Mounties (NSW Cup) 2021

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a team list for the trial against Penrith this weekend? Former Eel Ethan Parry has signed with Mounties too so he will probably be playing NSW Cup.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of the time of this trial n the Flegg trial?
Iv emailed the club twice - nothing!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of the time of this trial n the Flegg trial?
Iv emailed the club twice - nothing!
Flegg at 5pm and NSW Cup at 7pm at St Mary’s Leagues Club Stadium on Saturday.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fucking Mounties

I hope this arrangement is undone ASAP.

Even when they took away the funding all the pov sydney clubs outsourced we never did

I dont like this arrangement and never will
I get you don’t like the change. But financially and opportunity to purchase players outside the top 30 I feel it’s a good opportunity. It’s not a power house league club. But has finances and I’d rather have them with us than against us with Canberra having a opportunity to sign kids play for mountys then maturing and heading to the capital. I do see you point with our traditional past but

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I get you don’t like the change. But financially and opportunity to purchase players outside the top 30 I feel it’s a good opportunity. It’s not a power house league club. But has finances and I’d rather have them with us than against us with Canberra having a opportunity to sign kids play for mountys then maturing and heading to the capital. I do see you point with our traditional past but
mounties have fuck all juniors , we let cabra go who are one of the big 3 in parra district which is only second to parra.
i think it is a very poor decision

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think Mounties being in NSW cup will draw the better juniors to play for them over Cabra

Also Mointies Leagues club is huge and is always pumping , $$$

Reactions: ATT

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It also bites into Parramatta and Wests Tigers territories

Reactions: ATT

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How many kids came through the Mounties connection for Canberra.

I’ll start you with one:

Clay Priest

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How many kids came through the Mounties connection for Canberra.

I’ll start you with one:

Clay Priest
Ok I get you point on past. But it stops the ability going forward to offer kids contracts. I was personally at a dogs sgball and Matt’s trial vs west’s. And Canberra where offering majority kids small sign on contracts so the couldn’t play for any other team. So hopefully this stops that.
as Bulldog Steve said Cabbra would been better option. But I personally know cabbra aren’t as financial as they once where. And the kids in that area won’t stay there if not getting supported. It’s why St Mary’s in riff is a powerhouse. They give kids boots shorts jumper etc. and get the guns to sign there for the opportunity. I think mountys could be same going forward. But I do understand you thoughts

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with everyone that doesn’t like the Mounties partnership. The Dogs get jack shit from it apart from saving a couple of hundred grand at most and when you measure the cost savings up against the disruptions we will have it’s not worth it when the key business is footy.

I don’t think Mount Pritchard is a rich junior nursery either Penrith and Wests pick the eyes out the promising players very early and the rubbish is left for Mounties.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are not getting any players from Mounties, juniors or otherwise. Mounties juniors play in the Parra comp and get selected for Parra Matts, Ball etc. We are merely parking our excess top 30 with the 12-15 guys that Mounties have signed for the season. We can also progress u21s through both Moorebank Shield and Mounties NSW Cup if they are good enough. The partnership has nothing to do with getting kids from Mounties.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We are not getting any players from Mounties, juniors or otherwise. Mounties juniors play in the Parra comp and get selected for Parra Matts, Ball etc. We are merely parking our excess top 30 with the 12-15 guys that Mounties have signed for the season. We can also progress u21s through both Moorebank Shield and Mounties NSW Cup if they are good enough. The partnership has nothing to do with getting kids from Mounties.
exactly, that is why it is a shit decision, mounties juniors are fucking shit and we are missing out on alot of the best players. Cabra is now aligned with Parra and cabra are a huge club with alot more talent. Very dumb decision.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree with everyone that doesn’t like the Mounties partnership. The Dogs get jack shit from it apart from saving a couple of hundred grand at most and when you measure the cost savings up against the disruptions we will have it’s not worth it when the key business is footy.

I don’t think Mount Pritchard is a rich junior nursery either Penrith and Wests pick the eyes out the promising players very early and the rubbish is left for Mounties.
im in the parra district coaching etc, mounties are fucking woeful, 3 biggest clubs are wenty, cabra and hills bulls. Parra are now playing all their home games out of cabra, stupid decision from the dogs, no vision for juniors. We now have to poach and pay players as Mounties have nothing.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It makes no difference. If we aligned with Cabra, we would not get any of their juniors either. They are not in our district.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It makes no difference. If we aligned with Cabra, we would not get any of their juniors either. They are not in our district.
thats old school mate, juniors can play anywhere