Cricket Holding criticises England and Australia for not taking a knee

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Australian cricket has never made it inclusive enough...they don’t welcome or pursue it like other codes. It’s a shame as they are natural athletes.
Certainly they are great athletes. But it just seems Aboriginal kids do not develop a love of cricket from a young age for whatever reason. Maybe it is viewed as a colonial sport by older Indigenous folks so is never really pursued as a pasttime in the same way as Aussie rules, rugby and basketball? I'd probably put soccer in the same category, not many Indigenous kids play that sport so are never really featured in rep teams.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Certainly they are great athletes. But it just seems Aboriginal kids do not develop a love of cricket from a young age for whatever reason. Maybe it is viewed as a colonial sport by older Indigenous folks so is never really pursued as a pasttime in the same way as Aussie rules, rugby and basketball? I'd probably put soccer in the same category, not many Indigenous kids play that sport so are never really featured in rep teams.
I can’t agree with that. Football in Australia has always been an immigrant sport...and only since the 70’...the last 10 years has it got some traction. even to today it’s very European generational blooded game. Cricket on the other hand has been around since the 1800

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can’t agree with that. Football in Australia has always been an immigrant sport...and only since the 70’...the last 10 years has it got some traction. even to today it’s very European generational blooded game. Cricket on the other hand has been around since the 1800
I think you will find it’s the expense of buying gear that would be a turn off to most low socioeconomic families. Where as to play soccer, league , AFL it’s boots and shorts and your ready to play. To play cricket you have to buy whites a hat shoes then the cricket gear which can be any where from $100-$500 depending. I don’t think cricket is deliberately racist just the expense is a turn off for most families to start with.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I think you will find it’s the expense of buying gear that would be a turn off to most low socioeconomic families. Where as to play soccer, league , AFL it’s boots and shorts and your ready to play. To play cricket you have to buy whites a hat shoes then the cricket gear which can be any where from $100-$500 depending. I don’t think cricket is deliberately racist just the expense is a turn off for most families to start with.
You think people in the West Indies can afford cricket gear.!? .. I’ve been there they can’t. You don’t know what your talking about. It’s not about money... it’s about inclusion... academys... recognition. If you don’t understand that now you never will.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You think people in the West Indies can afford cricket gear.!? .. I’ve been there they can’t. You don’t know what your talking about. It’s not about money... it’s about inclusion... academys... recognition. If you don’t understand that now you never will.
ok