Round 1 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hoping Topine kills it for the Maoris, I think he can definitely sneak into the side for Round 1 on the bench. He looks like the type of bloke you could chuck at centre or hooker if there are any injuries which means we dont have to carry Katoa.

8 Hetherington
9 JMK
10 Napa (drops to bench when Thompson returns with Ogden or Atoni making way)
11 Jacko
12 RFM
13 Elliott

14 Waddell/Doorey
15 Atoni
16 Ogden
17 Topine
Topine will hopefully play a role at some stage this season, but I think Baz would have Katoa ahead of Topine as a bench option at this stage for his utility value.

If Elliott is out of the team for Round 1, then Waddell or Doorey might start on an edge with Jackson moved to lock. Stimson could also be a bench option for Round 1..

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Dogs to take the Win here. 1-12.

Cant remember the last time we won a first round game lol

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would have said we'll win.

But this shit fight with elliot will fuk us for a while. The playing group isn't going to be happy

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Elliott can go peel oranges for a month

1. Allan
2. T Katoa
3. Cotric
4. Hoppa
5. DWZ

6. Burton (believe )
7. Flan

8. Napa
9. JMK
10. Hethrington
11. Waddell
12. RFM
13 Skip

14. Averillo
15. Stimson
16. Renouf
17. Ogden

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should pump the Knights. I really expect them to have a poor year this year .

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the boys will go easy on you as a favour to Burto
If by chance (unlikely I know) that Burton is already with us, I wonder if there will be a prior agreement between the clubs that he sits out this match.

Would be somewhat infuriating for the Panthers if he humiliated them first crack.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If by chance (unlikely I know) that Burton is already with us, I wonder if there will be a prior agreement between the clubs that he sits out this match.

Would be somewhat infuriating for the Panthers if he humiliated them first crack.
I doubt they'd do that honestly. If he went there he'd play every game. If they did win they would've had to play one hell of a game so it would be entertaining.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sweat has Elliot actually done wrong? I've read a few posts in different threads that bag him, but I've read nothing that states what he is actually guilty of? Can anyone please explain?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
My forward pack now from rounds 1 to 4 pending Mariner injury.
8. Hetherington
10. Napa
11. Doorey
12. Waddell
13. Jackson

14. Katoa
15. Topine
16. Atoni
17. Mariner (play middle or edge pending how Doorey and Waddell go)

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Will Elliot play round 1? Thought he was one of your better middles based on talk last year when he got injured.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reports Elliott caught by Lichaa kissing Lichaa’s misus at 4:30am on the back deck.
Elliott hasn’t broken the law but why is he out till 4:30 in the morning, kissing someone’s missus when he has a partner and kid on the eve of the season beginning. Bloody idiot. Undoing all the good stuff he’s been doing of late.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs can confirm Jake Averillo has suffered a low grade MCL elbow injury.

The outside back will miss the club’s trial next week against the Cronulla Sharks, but will be available for selection for round one against the Newcastle Knights.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs can confirm Jake Averillo has suffered a low grade MCL elbow injury.

The outside back will miss the club’s trial next week against the Cronulla Sharks, but will be available for selection for round one against the Newcastle Knights.
Hmm