Emre Guler extends with Raiders until 2023

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Guler was someone I was hoping we were targeting for 2022. I'm sure (hoping) someone else will pop up but not many (if any) good props are off contract for 2022. Leniu and Guler were top of the list.

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's another one taken off the table :(

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I dare say Mr Horsborough is the one on the outer now at Canberra and wont be able to get a starting spot over Guler now. Pending how James goes it will be
8. Papalli
10. Guler
11. Young
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yep was high on my radar. Guess we will see what develops. Someone will pop up.

Be interesting if we end up ripping up elliotts deal. Would give us a good chunk to really go all out for another big bopper.

We have enough with napa and hoppa and the other overpaid flops (don’t count hoppa a flop, though think it’s time To move on for the $)off the books end of year to add at least 2 quality players one clearly needs to be hooker (b Smith) if Elliott goes that’s probably 3 big players we can add.

Guess with the kids and current squad we can see if it’s backs/props we need.

If Renouf and Ogden etc can’t deliver one has to be up there to help.

The other is staggs in my books though sounds like he may not really be interested and with Crichton future sorted leaves us with not much to look at. Time will tell. Something will work out I’m confident with the additions so far we aren’t panicking.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep was high on my radar. Guess we will see what develops. Someone will pop up.

Be interesting if we end up ripping up elliotts deal. Would give us a good chunk to really go all out for another big bopper.

We have enough with napa and hoppa and the other overpaid flops (don’t count hoppa a flop, though think it’s time To move on for the $)off the books end of year to add at least 2 quality players one clearly needs to be hooker (b Smith) if Elliott goes that’s probably 3 big players we can add.

Guess with the kids and current squad we can see if it’s backs/props we need.

If Renouf and Ogden etc can’t deliver one has to be up there to help.

The other is staggs in my books though sounds like he may not really be interested and with Crichton future sorted leaves us with not much to look at. Time will tell. Something will work out I’m confident with the additions so far we aren’t panicking.
I am leaning more & more to the idea that we don't need any more backs of the Staggs caliber with young guys coming through.
I suspect that over this season we will see a number of younger guys in many clubs getting a run (also in lower grades hopefully) as the new rules result in additional injuries & time out of the game for established players. I am sure there will be a number of talents (hooker, prop/s, others) that we can target once our retention plans are set that will enable us to poach a few emerging talents from around the league, having freed up cap space with some departures for 2022.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I watched some St Helens games a while back to see Luke Thompson playing. During the games I saw, I was quite impressed with Alex Walmsley.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I dare say Mr Horsborough is the one on the outer now at Canberra and wont be able to get a starting spot over Guler now. Pending how James goes it will be
8. Papalli
10. Guler
11. Young
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine
I'm a big fan of Horse, I'll back him to be starting sooner rather than later. I think he's more than capable of pushing himself back into the starting team. His recent off field incident isn't good timing tho.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Horse, I'll back him to be starting sooner rather than later. I think he's more than capable of pushing back into the starting team.
Maybe, but with his drunk driving incident and Canberra being stacked up front, he hasn't helped his chances. I really like Tapine, wish we could fuck off Elliot and snare him.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Horse, I'll back him to be starting sooner rather than later. I think he's more than capable of pushing himself back into the starting team. His recent off field incident isn't good timing tho.
Gotta have at least one ranga in your squad...but yeah I'm also a fan of his. Back on topic, this Guler kid also looks the goods and is a massive unit. A mate was at an ATM and thought the sun had gone down, but it was this bloke standing behind him. Apparently a very quietly spoken bloke as well.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fucking spewing

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well when's dunamis Lui off contract? He's just as good. Loves a steal aswell

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8. Papalli
10. Guler
11. Young
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine
No way that’s the team. Guler should get a bench spot for however long CHN & Horse are out for but I’d expect Lui or Sutton to start

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No way that’s the team. Guler should get a bench spot for however long CHN & Horse are out for but I’d expect Lui or Sutton to start
Lui is meh and Sutton is a bench player imo. The other two are out of favour to behaviour and would likely hold bench spots.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lui is meh and Sutton is a bench player imo. The other two are out of favour to behaviour and would likely hold bench spots.
Well let’s see on March 8th when the team is named but I think it’s highly unlikely that Guler starts

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well let’s see on March 8th when the team is named but I think it’s highly unlikely that Guler starts
Maybe, but it doesn't change the fact the Sutton won't start and Horsborough and CHN will be behind Young and Guler due to their drink driving. So probs only be one change to that lineup pending Ryan James

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe, but it doesn't change the fact the Sutton won't start and Horsborough and CHN will be behind Young and Guler due to their drink driving. So probs only be one change to that lineup pending Ryan James
I like Guler and it would be great for my fbatasy team if he was named to start but I just don’t see that as happening. Maybe Stuart has promised him a more prominent role this year? It really didn’t make much sense for him to re-sign with the Raiders so early

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like you weren’t even close with your take. Guler is playing reserves this week