U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There are a lot more security videos being released in this impeachment trial which shows how close Mitt Romney and Nancy Pelosi came to being cornered by the mob.

Fox news have decided to stop airing the impeachment trial, I guess those videos are too damning for their mango mussolini

Republican Senators are showing a complete lack of integrity, e.g. Josh Hawley has got his feet up on the seat in front of him, reading a book. Many other Republicans are doodling, or have their own work they're doing, many aren't paying attention at all to the trial before them.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fmd why?
These clowns who do this must be a special kind of fuckwit. I dont care what rights they have its just absolutely fucking stupid ,and stupid people with guns ain't a good combination
its a disease man, im fine with guns as its ingrained there but no one should need something that hi powered haha

I'll give u an example. Family works for the government in the US. He warned me the first time i went there that once i crossed into his state to go easy on the road rage as the concealed carry law extended to vehicles there.

We pretty much cross the line and you see guys with guns attached to their dashboards etc. Insanity

Another one

I was in a Macys store, and this kid was being a fuckwit. Dweeb looking thing, about 19 or 20. Carrying on.

My cousin said nicely to shut the fuck up as there are kids around, this bloke just lifts up his shirt to show us two guns he had in his shorts and that he'll basically do he wants and if not we can expect to see the barrel. We just shut up and walked away haha

I walked away thinking how lucky we are here.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not what I meant, I meant if they are finding there are grounds to prosecute, should they go ahead with it (it is legal for states to charge him, when states do this Federal level cannot pardon it)? Or should they drop charges because he's no longer president.

It's the same case with this impeachment, the simple fact is that there are grounds for it.
If they can then they should. I thought presidents were immune from convictions whilst in office, so I’d assume even though he’s now left office this all happened while in charge. Does this drive a wedge between states and federal level if they take matters into there own hands. I wouldn’t have thought at the federal level be to happy about it. The prosecution would make more sense to me than the impeachment circus.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If they can then they should. I thought presidents were immune from convictions whilst in office, so I’d assume even though he’s now left office this all happened while in charge. Does this drive a wedge between states and federal level if they take matters into there own hands. I wouldn’t have thought at the federal level be to happy about it. The prosecution would make more sense to me than the impeachment circus.
No wedge between states and federal if they pursue it. New York state has been having ongoing investigations into his financial dealings, they've recently retrieved his tax returns for this purpose. I have my suspicions New York was waiting for his presidency to finish.

DC, as stated above, are investigation criminal proceedings of inciting a riot on January 6th.

Georgia is now investigating the phone call he had where he requested 11,780 votes to be 'found'. This as well has possible criminal charges associated with it.

The impeachment case is about holding him accountable to this riot. He needs to be held accountable, it needs to be shown to the people that you can't hide behind titles. It needs to be shown that you can't commit crimes in your last month of the office and then claim that you're no longer president so can't be charged.

Whichever way you look it at it, the final fact remains that Trump is responsible for this, and going through the impeachment process is the fault of Trump, not Democrats. If he is not convicted, again the blame lays at the feet of the Republicans. So far, in day 2 of the trial process, Trump's defence team have shown their position to be quite weak, that they are struggling to defend him because the evidence is conclusive.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just as I expected, the Democrats are bringing up past occurrences to show Trump instigating January 6th. They've brought up the attempted Michigan storming from April 30th.

So far the Democrats are presenting a very clear, concise case against Trump.

Also Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz had a meeting with Trump's defence attorney and discussed defence strategy. What's wrong with this? Graham and Cruz are part of the Senate, hence part of the JURY, they're supposed to be impartial

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The divide into 2 nations.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just as I expected, the Democrats are bringing up past occurrences to show Trump instigating January 6th. They've brought up the attempted Michigan storming from April 30th.

So far the Democrats are presenting a very clear, concise case against Trump.

Also Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz had a meeting with Trump's defence attorney and discussed defence strategy. What's wrong with this? Graham and Cruz are part of the Senate, hence part of the JURY, they're supposed to be impartial
If I ever getting charged with a serious crime, I really hope the jury is full of peeps that help me commit the crime that I'm on trial for.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep. It was never going to do anything. It's such a pointless process as it's not about proving guilt or innocence. It's just a popularity vote.

Waste of time and money.
I know, never understood why it went ahead. Oh well that’s one less circus to worry about

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Interestingly though..according to the ABC...

‘The final margin was 57 to 43, 10 votes short of the 67 needed to convict.

Seven Republican senators sided with the Democrats to vote 'guilty':

• Sen. Richard Burr
  • Sen. Ben Cassidy
  • Sen. Susan Collins
  • Sen. Lisa Murkowski
  • Sen. Mitt Romney
  • Sen. Ben Sasse
  • Sen. Pat Toomey
This represents the highest number of Senators from a President's party to vote against him in an impeachment trial.’

It was only the weight of Republican senator numbers that saved him..as predicted..Although, 7 Republicans out of the 17 needed, did vote for Impeachment, so Trumpsteers should not really be gloating. IMHO a waste time..it was never going to happen..he was never going to be impeached..the numbers were always in his favour..

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Interestingly though..according to the ABC...

‘The final margin was 57 to 43, 10 votes short of the 67 needed to convict.

Seven Republican senators sided with the Democrats to vote 'guilty':

• Sen. Richard Burr
  • Sen. Ben Cassidy
  • Sen. Susan Collins
  • Sen. Lisa Murkowski
  • Sen. Mitt Romney
  • Sen. Ben Sasse
  • Sen. Pat Toomey
This represents the highest number of Senators from a President's party to vote against him in an impeachment trial.’

It was only the weight of Republican senator numbers that saved him..as predicted..Although, 7 Republicans out of the 17 needed, did vote for Impeachment, so Trumpsteers should not really be gloating. IMHO a waste time..it was never going to happen..he was never going to be impeached..the numbers were always in his favour..
old Mitch McConnell showed his true character. Makes a big impassioned speech about democracy and then weasels out with a bullshit excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.