Official Dogs preseason begins

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably not setting the benchmark high but this is by far the best the squad has looked fitness-wise for the past few years.
Good to see Elliott has passed through contact training and back with the squad, he is looking unreal.
Also good to hear that they brought the referees along to the opposed training, good to learn from them and take advantage of rule changes and focus points for 2021.
SKIN FOLDS!
Bet Dean Pay didnt make them do skin folds!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Probably not setting the benchmark high but this is by far the best the squad has looked fitness-wise for the past few years.
Good to see Elliott has passed through contact training and back with the squad, he is looking unreal.
Also good to hear that they brought the referees along to the opposed training, good to learn from them and take advantage of rule changes and focus points for 2021.

Bet Dean Pay didnt make them do skin folds!
If he did, they got bigger as the season went on lol

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guys and gals we got ourselves a football team back.

Might not be in top 8 this year but it's clear we are being well coached and on our way up.
How good is it? Ive been a miserable bastard the last couple of years watching us plod. Ive always tried to look at the bigger picture but 3 years is a long time to wait.
No expectations, just want to see some unpredictable attack with the footy.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So when did we get a second trial? Thought we only had 1?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How good is it? Ive been a miserable bastard the last couple of years watching us plod. Ive always tried to look at the bigger picture but 3 years is a long time to wait.
No expectations, just want to see some unpredictable attack with the footy.
Really its been longer than 3 years.

I actually felt more depressed with the last few years of Des. We had better players then but they still stood around like robots in the red zone or dropped it or kicked it out on the full.

With Pay it was terrible but we all knew the sub par roster was a big factor.

Just as frustrating but not as soul destroying as Des last years where there was no excuse.

Anyway all good now. We should not have too high an expectation but it looks like the team is in good professoonal hands.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two trials? I'm confused - maybe an old tape?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really its been longer than 3 years.

I actually felt more depressed with the last few years of Des. We had better players then but they still stood around like robots in the red zone or dropped it or kicked it out on the full.

With Pay it was terrible but we all knew the sub par roster was a big factor.

Just as frustrating but not as soul destroying as Des last years where there was no excuse.

Anyway all good now. We should not have too high an expectation but it looks like the team is in good professoonal hands.
Those last couple of games with Des was def the worst I felt. I remember his demeanor during pressers at that time, he had nothing. I realized by the time the final whistle blew that last game that we were stuffed for years to come. Anyways, its been a long road and that is now behind us. Im sure we all cant wait for the season to start :grinning: