Your celebrity interaction!!

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A couple years back me and the family were heading up to mudgee and we decided to stay one night in bathurst at the Rydges hotel (located on the track).

There was a red honda civic doing insanely fast laps of the track with a film crew filming it all. Later on in the evening i ran into Jensen Button in the foyer of Rydges, he had been shooting a promo for Honda. Just said hello and not much else...

as i walked away i realised i probally shouldve told him we share the same surname haha.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I seen Wendall Sailor in the city when I was with a friend.
I didn’t realise it was him at first?
He was staring at me like he had a problem, but I think he was just amazed at my size?

I was about to go up and ask him what his problem was? and my friend says that’s Wendell Sailor and I stopped in my tracks.
Once I realised it was him I thought it’s best not to start anything, would of looked bad for me but I’m sure most people don’t like getting stared at?

I should of asked him to invite me in to the triple m studio so Mark Geyer can confirm that.
Heard a story similar to mine about some guy with a broken arm staring at MG for too long!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He was staring at me like he had a problem, but I think he was just amazed at my size?

I was about to go up and ask him what his problem was? and my friend says that’s Wendell Sailor and I stopped in my tracks.
Once I realised it was him I thought it’s best not to start anything, would of looked bad for me but I’m sure most people don’t like getting stared at?

I should of asked him to invite me in to the triple m studio so Mark Geyer can confirm that.
Heard a story similar to mine about some guy with a broken arm staring at MG for too long!
Seen Wendell heaps of times at North Gong beach :grinning:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I ran into Sailor in North Sydney. I did the same thing. Stared at him for a while thinking "I swear I know this guy from somewhere"

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Met some celebrities over the years, though mostly of the lower spectrum and met a few sports stars as well.

When it comes to movies stars, I met Jackie Chan one day in Canberra at his parents restaurant. Had a quick chat with him just the normal nice to met you, like ya movies kind of thing. He was really down to earth and happily chatted for a few minutes.

Another movie star I met briefly was Don Johnson (of Miami Vice fame) at a cafe i was dining at. I just said "Hey Crockett" to him as I was walking by his table. He smiled and said "Hey Kid" and asked if I was a fan of the show. Told him yeah and then continued on our ways.

Notable sports stars I've met a long the way. I met Kostya Tszyu at my work place at the time (met and dealt with a lot of sports stars and Olympians through that job).

Met West Indian cricket stars Brian Lara and Curtly Ambrose while out on the town.

Met a heap of UFC fighters who were staying at the same hotel as me and my friends, including Rampage Jackson, Wanderlei Silva, Rashard Evans, Michael Bisping, Randy Couture, Royce Gracie just to name a few and announcer Bruce Buffer and ref Herb Dean.

I know there are more "celebrities" I've met but I'm half a sleep so my brain is not functioning properly.

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1) walked into a deli in Sydney (late 70's) to buy a sandwich and Jimmy Barnes popped in to buy bread and cheese.
I had recently purchased the 1st Chisel vinyl so I told him how much I enjoyed it - he said 'Good'.

2) and, just for @south of heaven - way back I was at a water themed park on the Gold Coast and we found a spot which just happened to be right next to Ernie Dingo (the real one). Nice bloke - our kids were running riot together.

Smartseal

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Years back a mate and me were out, he seen this chick sitting by herself so he goes over and tries his chances. im lurking by in earshot when her friends come back and start with the don't you know who she is she's famous ( apparently she was on pop stars or some shit an absolute nobody who thought she was a lot bigger than she was we didn't know who she was.
My mate stood up and said im a fucking metal head how am I meant to know she's some dogshit singer on a stupid contest .I was in tears he then proceeded to give them a dose of reality and carved them up i was on the ground in fits of laughter.
To this day we never figured out who it was
That reminds me of when a mate & i were at the goldie years ago, this hot chick in a bikini was walking towards us with a bull terrier. As she gets close, my mate says "nice pig", to which the hottie replied " It's not a pig its a dog", without battering an eyelid my mate says "I was talking to the dog"

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He sounds like a fun bloke..truly!

ps..I just imagine you and your mate running around being chased by Tim Bailey with the Benny Hill music playing in the background! Lol..
Tim Bailey? Why would you run from him, he's a midget. Give him a backhander and tell him to get a more realistic fake tan, worse than benny Elias

Reaction score
I was on the Star Wars set..Jake the Muss/Jango Fett/Bobo Fett came up..’shook’ my hand and said ‘Hey..’ and walked off. Gee I wished I told him how good he was in Once Were Warriors.. I also met Ewen McGreggor..happy loud guy..I told him a terrible joke..lucky he didn’t get it! Lol.. George Lucas just walked past me..prick. When I was up and walking I met Sandra Sully at the City to Surf..lovely lady..signed my ‘Official’ City to Surf bib..gosh she was so small and gorgeous..she touched my finger..didn’t wash it for a week! But sheesh @south of heaven Southy I wish I met Isla Fisher..I would have offered her my Whooper.. Gee I would have loved to make babies with her!
gee you did well to get on that set it was like fort knox. a few of my friends were working working on the prequels and told me to come and check out the set, so i go in and didn't get past the guards. but they were having a party at good bar so they said come to that instead. i go to this party and everyone is off their heads, i ended up taking luke's mum back to my place. next day we had a burger at mickey's in paddington then went clothes shopping, never heard from her again after that

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
gee you did well to get on that set it was like fort knox. a few of my friends were working working on the prequels and told me to come and check out the set, so i go in and didn't get past the guards. but they were having a party at good bar so they said come to that instead. i go to this party and everyone is off their heads, i ended up taking luke's mum back to my place. next day we had a burger at mickey's in paddington then went clothes shopping, never heard from her again after that
Yeah my mate knew one of the construction crew guys..got us passes. So when we Say Luke’s Mum..are we talking about Natalie Portman? And you gave her your Light Saber?

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Not the best. On the drink at Coogee Bay Hotel. Scott Cam was there, I came in from the side and crashed into his ribs. Text book tackle dropped him to the floor. Bouncers then drop kicked me the f_ck out the door...
Use to drink up at the Doncaster as he use to live up the road apparently back when I lived in Kensington. You would see him all the time.