News Nick Meaney on 2KY

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meaney along with averillo could benefit with the presence of JAC next year in how to utilize their speed in attack and more importantly, putting their body on the line defensively.
Well that's the thing isn't it. We can't pay big money for all our players because we have a cap. We can't have 5 JAC's in the team.
If you're worst player in the 17 can offer something and in Meaney's case the speed, then maybe players like JAC, Cotric etc can bring out the best out of these players

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And people want to make excuses about our cap issues being the reason we have players like Meaney. Surely we could have signed someone better on that money.
That was always my issue with the previous lot, but all we heard was bs spin from certain people at the club and posters on here supported that rubbish. It's pretty clear that what little money we did have we invested poorly and the only pull we had was Pay signing duds he coached in 20's on overs.

Thank God there was change last year across the club because we know damn well we wouldn't have signed shit after Cotric for 21 and not even have been active in the market for 22.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That was always my issue with the previous lot, but all we heard was bs spin from certain people at the club and posters on here supported that rubbish. It's pretty clear that what little money we did have we invested poorly and the only pull we had was Pay signing duds he coached in 20's on overs.

Thank God there was change last year across the club because we know damn well we wouldn't have signed shit after Cotric for 21 and not even have been active in the market for 22.
We would have been getting the likes of Chad Townsend, Keegan Hipgrave and Josh Reynolds if Pay was here with the old admin.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely mate. If we're going to lose at least go down swinging. The boring and conservative one out play we've been obsessed with over the last few years has killed us. I can live with us making mistakes if we're at least trying to score points and not just going through the motions and completing our sets just to get our completion rate up
Spot on. No point in completing 100% of sets if they are unproductive, predictable and never put the opposition under pressure. TB will take us back to our glory days of the Entertainers in attack of the 70's and early 80's and Dogs of War in defence of the mid 80's

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep I couldn’t agree more. Watching the dogs the past 4 or 5 years has been an absolute punish. The vast majority of our games have been bludgers and are tough to sit through.

I am actually looking forward to watching our games this year and being entertained. Since about mid 2016 we have looked terrible with the ball (not to mention Tolman getting in the way all of the time).

I don’t expect miracles from Baz but I think everyone agrees we will see significant improvement in our attack from last year. Not sure about the defensive side of things yet but that doesn’t need to improve nearly as much as the attack
Yes with Tolman missing alone that's a great start for us. Looks like the Sharks won't be scoring as many points this year. Less try assists for Johnson with Tolman in the friggin way often. Actually he might not be such a ball hog there since he's new to that team.

The ReignMan

Previously Clint
Reaction score
Nice work Spoonman - appreciate it. You saved me 8 minutes :laughing:

I love the fact that Baz is directly involved in the training - our set plays have been horrible/non-existsent over the last few years so I'm looking forward to finally seeing some attractive and winning football
They’ve been shithouse since shifty retired lets be honest here lol

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Hopefully he gets a run at fullback for Bankstown sports

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
So Barrett gets involved in training runs? Pfft... big deal. I wanna know how many GPS trackers and cameras he has set up? Or did Despot forget to switch them off before he left?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney is a good kid. Hope he hangs around, in saying that though I think he'd be a good fit for the warriors at fullback as Fusitua and Maumalo would take alot of pressure of him in regards to hard carries in red zone
I think Dufty will end up at the Warriors to take over from RTS