News Nick Meaney on 2KY

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
- Tbaz has been getting physically involved in training and running plays.
- Sees himself as a fullback but will also play wing and centre.
- Cotric has trained the majority of pre-season at centre.
-Gave Jacko a massive wrap.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice work Spoonman - appreciate it. You saved me 8 minutes :laughing:

I love the fact that Baz is directly involved in the training - our set plays have been horrible/non-existsent over the last few years so I'm looking forward to finally seeing some attractive and winning football

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice work Spoonman - appreciate it. You saved me 8 minutes :laughing:

I love the fact that Baz is directly involved in the training - our set plays have been horrible/non-existsent over the last few years so I'm looking forward to finally seeing some attractive and winning football
Yes if they throw the ball around and at least try to create something even if it doesn't always come off it will be good to watch. Couldn't believe that under Pay and even Des it was obvious they had no idea what to do with the ball in attack. Always wondered what the f..k they did at training.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Very exciting...
I haven't felt this since 2012 !

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully he’s playing those positions at a different club next year. The last part of the clean out at the end of this year will be a good thing and free up more $’s

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes if they throw the ball around and at least try to create something even if it doesn't always come off it will be good to watch. Couldn't believe that under Pay and even Des it was obvious they had no idea what to do with the ball in attack. Always wondered what the f..k they did at training.
Yep I couldn’t agree more. Watching the dogs the past 4 or 5 years has been an absolute punish. The vast majority of our games have been bludgers and are tough to sit through.

I am actually looking forward to watching our games this year and being entertained. Since about mid 2016 we have looked terrible with the ball (not to mention Tolman getting in the way all of the time).

I don’t expect miracles from Baz but I think everyone agrees we will see significant improvement in our attack from last year. Not sure about the defensive side of things yet but that doesn’t need to improve nearly as much as the attack

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Think we all agree there. The coach’s and powers to be where out of their depth. Thank fuck they gone.

It’s been a punishing few years. Though defence is really an attitude thing.

Our attack has been pathetic. A large part is the cattle though simple shit like tolman needing to be no where near the Fucking ball was just never fixed.

No shock Barrett a very good attacking player in his day removed him completely and the fact tolman hardly had much interest to get a gig anywhere else says enough.

We have done exceptionally well.

With the majority of the remaining overpaid players off contract this year we can make a couple more signings we need like hooker and hopefully replace hoppa with staggs and we are very much on the way to a real threat.

Jmk Lewis meaney napa hoppa Crichton c Smith britt etc can all go!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully he’s playing those positions at a different club next year. The last part of the clean out at the end of this year will be a good thing and free up more $’s
Let's just see how he goes this year under Baz. I'd rather him over Holland and Montoya any day
He'd be a good back up fullback/wing for depth if he ever settles for that. The kids got some speed as well.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely mate. If we're going to lose at least go down swinging. The boring and conservative one out play we've been obsessed with over the last few years has killed us. I can live with us making mistakes if we're at least trying to score points and not just going through the motions and completing our sets just to get our completion rate up

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's just see how he goes this year under Baz. I'd rather him over Holland and Montoya any day
He'd be a good back up fullback/wing for depth if he ever settles for that. The kids got some speed as well.
Meaney along with averillo could benefit with the presence of JAC next year in how to utilize their speed in attack and more importantly, putting their body on the line defensively.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree that he’s here for the year and let’s see what he can do.

But as fans we’ve become so used to seeing below average players that we talk up based on one skill or part of the game they’re good at. I don’t think Meaney is a complete player as a fullback and I don’t think he’s strong enough as a winger. As a backup I agree with you.

Just a few days ago I’m reading someone post about how we’re going to miss Lewis’ kicking game if he’s not in the team like we should overlook all his flaws just so we can get decent dropouts or kicks. If we made decent metres we wouldn’t always need to be kicking from our 40m line.

I can’t wait for the day where we have decent players capable of doing more than one thing well.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Meaney is a good kid. Hope he hangs around, in saying that though I think he'd be a good fit for the warriors at fullback as Fusitua and Maumalo would take alot of pressure of him in regards to hard carries in red zone

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Meaney along with averillo could benefit with the presence of JAC next year in how to utilize their speed in attack and more importantly, putting their body on the line defensively.
Agreed - one of the best things JAC does, that Brett and JMoz would also do, was back their ability to rush-up and cover from the wing and jam on the centre, and if the centre manages to get the tap-on pass away, still have the pace to turn and burn the winger if they somehow getaway. I believe Meany has enough speed to do that as well - however as others have mentioned, he doesn't enjoy putting in that initial contact and plays the space (goes for intercepts) instead of the man.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year a mate of mine who runs greyhounds sponsored the doggies and part of the deal the dogs got given a greyhound. Pay and Jacko came out and watched a few run and picked one. One particular dog was described as the fastest of the lot but had no ticker and pay and jacko joked about calling it nick meaney. Which I found pretty interesting. Side note the dog they picked they named sweet Caroline in reference to Adam Elliotts mad Monday effort lol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Jmk Lewis meaney napa hoppa Crichton c Smith britt etc can all go!
You can’t have 30 superstars in your squad.

There’s 14 off contract end of 2021 so yes some will go - but unlikely all. Interested to see who improves under Baz before making calls this far out, not to mention who else becomes available closer to 2022.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Meaney is a good kid. Hope he hangs around, in saying that though I think he'd be a good fit for the warriors at fullback as Fusitua and Maumalo would take alot of pressure of him in regards to hard carries in red zone
But if he leaves Breakfast Point he won’t be able to hang out with @Nasheed :-).

I agree he’s a good kid and will benefit from better coaching. Looking forward to see how he goes this year before making any premature calls.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Last year a mate of mine who runs greyhounds sponsored the doggies and part of the deal the dogs got given a greyhound. Pay and Jacko came out and watched a few run and picked one. One particular dog was described as the fastest of the lot but had no ticker and pay and jacko joked about calling it nick meaney. Which I found pretty interesting. Side note the dog they picked they named sweet Caroline in reference to Adam Elliotts mad Monday effort lol
It’s ironic that probably the worst coach in modern bulldogs history and the one that signed him up would make fun of him.