Connor v Dustin UFC

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Conor does cop a lot of crap,
But to his credit he was all class in defeat today.
He will bounce back, he always does.

Looking forward to his next fight.
He loves to rub his money etc in people's faces though, that's probably the main reason people don't like him. Don't begrudge him his fortune but to him it's all about "look how rich I am", "I've got more money than Dana" etc etc. People enjoy seeing him humbled after he carries on like that. Entertainment industry or not, it's great to see humble, down to earth genuine good guys like Poirier, Stephen Thompson, Hendo, Condit etc have their day in the sun without the need of carrying on like wannabe gangsters or mouthy wankers.
Massive congratulations to Poirier, he deserves his celebration tonight.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope that's the last we've seen of that cat, he's lost the last 4 of his 5 fights. So meh ...

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Conor does cop a lot of crap,
But to his credit he was all class in defeat today.
He will bounce back, he always does.

Looking forward to his next fight.
No he bounced back against an ageing Cowboy and has been throughly beaten by pretty much everybody else he has faced.
I think unfortunately for him he lost that grit and desire once he got that money from the Mayweather exhibition. The old Conor probably cleans up Dustin easily in the second round. He will still go down as a legend and was pivotal in making UFC even more mainstream

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can see him going the Ronda Rouse route to retirement tbh. She got sparked out and then took another brutal KO her next fight.

I can see Conor getting brutally KOed again then calling it quits.

Imo, I don't particularly think he is that good lol. I know he has some great wins, but he also has some pretty average losses in his career. He doesn't some close to the talent level of Khabib or a Jon Jones or GSP. He's just another UFC fighter who is great on the mic and has a lot of charisma.

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Connor is so over rated can only beat old men in pubs

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
The luck run out for the leprechaun and his pot of gold. I will admit i do find the bloke amusing, but he has lost his aura.
Just like Rousey did. It goes to show how much of sport is in the mind. Like when Tiger Woods was unbeatable and blokes used to just fall to pieces when he was in contention for a tournament.