CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@BEAST MODE the LG OLED's are on special right now

Noticed that earlier today. I'm looking at the BX.. I think the brightness and processor aren't as good as the CX but it's probably something i will hardly notice. They still seem massively overpriced here but I don't think the prices will be any cheaper with the new models anytime soon so might as well just get one of these. I'll shop around this weekend and see if anyone will match or beat this price...does waving cash around still work these days? :tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Noticed that earlier today. I'm looking at the BX.. I think the brightness and processor aren't as good as the CX but it's probably something i will hardly notice. They still seem massively overpriced here but I don't think the prices will be any cheaper with the new models anytime soon so might as well just get one of these. I'll shop around this weekend and see if anyone will match or beat this price...does waving cash around still work these days? :tearsofjoy:
Still works at JB Hifi kinda. But only if you're buying other stuff at the same time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe so apparently all the stores are due shipments around March...I could risk it and wait until April and hope they haven't sold enough stock and get it even cheaper....or I can completely miss out and have to drop 4k on the new models. Saving a couple $100 probably isn't worth the wait or risk I guess.

Btw do you know when SteelSeries is due stock? The Arctis 7p are still out of stock and I can't find anything about it online :tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe so apparently all the stores are due shipments around March...I could risk it and wait until April and hope they haven't sold enough stock and get it even cheaper....or I can completely miss out and have to drop 4k on the new models. Saving a couple $100 probably isn't worth the wait or risk I guess.

Btw do you know when SteelSeries is due stock? The Arctis 7p are still out of stock and I can't find anything about it online :tearsofjoy:
No idea when the 7p comes back in stock. Amazon had the 7x for a few days but they marked up the price and still sold out pretty fast.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No idea when the 7p comes back in stock. Amazon had the 7x for a few days but they marked up the price and still sold out pretty fast.
Fuck. Looks like i have to use my BoseQC35 and scream into the controller a little longer if want to abuse kids.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@DinkumDog @Hacky McAxe one last annoying question before I go and buy my CX today :tearsofjoy: Is burn in something I need to worry about? Or is it mostly a non issue as long as I don't have the brightness all the way up and I'm playing the same game for a 7+ hours a day?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@DinkumDog @Hacky McAxe one last annoying question before I go and buy my CX today :tearsofjoy: Is burn in something I need to worry about? Or is it mostly a non issue as long as I don't have the brightness all the way up and I'm playing the same game for a 7+ hours a day?
Mostly a non issue in my view.
Yes, OLED are technically more ‘susceptible’ than LCD or QLED, but since your focus is gaming, the images will be refreshing frequently.

Burn-in is really about static images, so stuff like watermarks for example. Don’t leave your TV on all day if you’re not using it. Simple.

But here’s the thing: if you have even a small emerging issue, you’ll see image retention well before it becomes permanent - and that is fixed by turning off the screen for a few minutes (which might be a sign it’s time to take a break anyway :-)).

My view is that it’s possible but unlikely and I wouldn’t let it stop me from buying OLED if it ticks all other boxes. Good luck haggling!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mostly a non issue in my view.
Yes, OLED are technically more ‘susceptible’ than LCD or QLED, but since your focus is gaming, the images will be refreshing frequently.

Burn-in is really about static images, so stuff like watermarks for example. Don’t leave your TV on all day if you’re not using it. Simple.

But here’s the thing: if you have even a small emerging issue, you’ll see image retention well before it becomes permanent - and that is fixed by turning off the screen for a few minutes (which might be a sign it’s time to take a break anyway :-)).

My view is that it’s possible but unlikely and I wouldn’t let it stop me from buying OLED if it ticks all other boxes. Good luck haggling!
Most games I play do have a HUD so I guess I'll just try and be mindful of it...don't want to see random health bars or icons across my screen :tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Oh no, not one of THOSE things :-).
You buy??
Yup, got the CX 55". $2689 + shipping (dude made me paranoid about taking it home myself). I'm now depressed because I have to wait for it and idk what to do with myself.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Should be OK if you don't leave the TV sitting on the same image for a long time.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yup, got the CX 55". $2689 + shipping (dude made me paranoid about taking it home myself). I'm now depressed because I have to wait for it and idk what to do with myself.
Congrats. Seems like a pretty good deal.
And liberating to have made a call!
Fair enough on delivery they come in massive boxes and unless you own a van or similar they suck to get home. How long until delivery?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Congrats. Seems like a pretty good deal.
And liberating to have made a call!
Fair enough on delivery they come in massive boxes and unless you own a van or similar they suck to get home. How long until delivery?
Yh I don't have my ute, would fit in the car flat but apparently you shouldn't transport it flat. Coming monday...good thing Tuesday is a public holiday.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yh I don't have my ute, would fit in the car flat but apparently you shouldn't transport it flat. Coming monday...good thing Tuesday is a public holiday.
That works, not too long to wait.
Let us know how it goes with the PS5...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@DinkumDog @Hacky McAxe this TV is stupid thin, I was so fucking nervous carrying it onto the table, screwing the stand in and then moving it onto the unit lol. If I buy a bigger one of these I'm paying someone else to set it up :tearsofjoy:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@DinkumDog @Hacky McAxe this TV is stupid thin, I was so fucking nervous carrying it onto the table, screwing the stand in and then moving it onto the unit lol. If I buy a bigger one of these I'm paying someone else to set it up :tearsofjoy:
Sounds like you nailed it.
Hmm, maybe not the right word choice :-).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sounds like you nailed it.
Hmm, maybe not the right word choice :-).
Idk, I turned it on and saw banding, probably just the background on the screen... hopefully :tearsofjoy: Still setting up so I'll find out when I play or watch something.