Official Doorey Signs Contract Extension

Master Coach

Waterboy
Reaction score
BREAKING
Matt Doorey re-signs with Bulldogs until end of 2022

The Bulldogs have continued to sign key players as they move towards the start of the 2021 season, with talented back-rower Matt Doorey extending his time at Belmore until the end of the 2022 season.

Doorey, who was previously on a development contract, will now step up as a full-time member of the club's Top 30 squad.

Doorey is seen as one of the best young talents around, having progressed through the Bulldogs Jersey Flegg and NSW Cup sides. In addition, he represented the Australian Schoolboys side in 2018 and the NSW U20's team in 2019.

The hard-running 20 year-old scored a try on his NRL debut last season against the Wests Tigers in Round 14, before finishing the season with two tries from his five appearances.

Bulldogs Chairman John Khoury was delighted that the club had been able to keep the talented Doorey at Belmore:

"Having seen Matt's progression over the past three seasons and knowing what a quality player he is, we are extremely pleased that he has chosen to stay with the Bulldogs.

Matt has come through our Jersey Flegg and NSW Cup teams and has stepped up a level each time. He was able to do that again last year with an outstanding NRL debut and we have high hopes for him moving forward.

He is an impressive young man who is eager to learn and we believe that he will continue to develop under the guidance of Trent Barrett.

Matt will now step up into our Top 30 squad and we look forward to seeing his talents throughout the coming season and beyond."

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
About time. He looks like a great player from the limited time he’s had. Could easily be on the bench this year. Hopefully he gets a decent opportunity as a one year extension says to me he will give it this year and reassess after that on whether he stays or looks for more game time else where

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1610948435261.png

Some of Parra's fans were adamant that they were going to sign Doorey....with that in mind any chance you get to throw a spanner in Parra's recruitment plans, dare I say cock block them is a great day :grinning: Love being a Bulldog!!!

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Matty Doorey has a huge future at the Dogs. It's unfortunate that JJ isn't a couple years older as I think he might restrict Doorey in playing the role that he does but seems incredibly switched on and has a good crack. 2 tries in 5 games considering some were off the bench is a pretty good strike rate too.