Opinion Matt Burton

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
off topic but I find it funny that Kyrie Irving demanded a trade away from the Cavaliers because he wanted his own team and not be in LeBron's shadow, made the Celtics worse when he played, orchestrated signing with the Nets along with Durant only to now be a third option
Man was so happy as huge kd and jh13 fan but fuck I don’t like
Irving. Said the exact same thing today. Wonder if his personal leave is harden coming related

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
off topic but I find it funny that Kyrie Irving demanded a trade away from the Cavaliers because he wanted his own team and not be in LeBron's shadow, made the Celtics worse when he played, orchestrated signing with the Nets along with Durant only to now be a third option
It’s prob why Kyrie is now gone awol..obviously he’s not happy with Harden arriving

When he left Cavs he said he didn’t want to be ‘Robin to Batman’ (Lebron)

Well...I guess now KD is Batman, Harden is Robin which makes Kyrie ....Alfred Pennyworth

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They riff have promoted 5 of the twenty’s kids to full time training see if there up to it so they can possibly sign them. There covering there basis. Joe Tramontana has also signed for reserve grade from Blactown/Manly

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
It’s prob why Kyrie is now gone awol..obviously he’s not happy with Harden arriving

Well...I guess now KD is Batman, Harden is Robin which makes Kyrie ....Alfred Pennyworth

Exactly what I was thinking although I struggle to split kd and harden both would be batman.

It’s like lebron and davis or Leonard and pg13 I struggle to say one is a sidekick.

Any of those 6 are the best player in the league with only curry and Greek freak to argue.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They riff have promoted 5 of the twenty’s kids to full time training see if there up to it so they can possibly sign them. There covering there basis. Joe Tramontana has also signed for reserve grade from Blactown/Manly
Is Tramontana the little angry dude that used to play for us?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That’s him. Comming of a knee reconstruction and then COVID lockdown
Unlucky...at least he doesn't have Vunivalu or Hayne to worry about if he makes he ever makes his debut :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: ATT

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Irving though treads the line between hero and villain and in view of his new, secondary status, probably makes him Catwoman

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate that S. Crichton is highly rated but having already secured Addo-Carr, Cotric and Allan, I think the club's priorities moving forward should be recruiting a no. 9, a prop or two (especially if we do not re-sign Napa), potentially a strike back rower and working if/where Averillo fits in FG
I think we have 14 players off contract at the end of 2021.

We have the funds to add Crichton as well as a 9 and a Prop for 2022.

By quality not quantity.

To win the comp you need a quality first 13. The rest of the 30 man roster can be basically minimum wage. Teams that have top depth without star players can make the 8. But they don’t win it

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The only positive thing I can think of is so he learns more of who is there as our halves are very inexperienced. Alot of the players say Ciraldo is very influential. Cleary has played quite a few games now, but In saying this Luai and May are fairly inexperienced too but very talented.

Im hoping they find a way to squeeze him in the team and give him as much game time so he doesnt spend 21 in NSW Cup (in whatever format that is with Corona)
I think I want him to be filthy with a lack of game time or stuck in a position he hates and him then pressing to get the fuck out of there.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeoho was maid captain
Bloke is still risky in my opinion... Yes he had a good season last yr but the season before he was 2 head knocks away from retiring early. Personally wouldnt bank on him.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If the shoe was on the other foot I bet no one here would w L ant to release a Bulldog to another club for the good of his development to the disadvantage of the Bulldogs.
Cowboys didn’t release Ponga to Newcastle. Kept him in reserves most of the year in 17. Won’t happen

yeah but Barrett should have a good relationship with Ivan and the panthers. The bloke didn’t walk out halfway through the year, he was successful and helped them reach the grand final. If it doesn’t work out for baz I’m sure Ivan wouldn’t want to burn any bridges and have him back, so I think Penrith should do the right thing by not only player but Barrett.