Rumour Oil/Inside Information/Prediction - Consolidated Thread

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Simona. If im not mistaken he was planning to play in lower grades.
That’s him. He went to blacktown workers the manly sea crims feeder club and then France but I’m not sure where he is now. I doubt we would sign him

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s him. He went to blacktown workers the manly sea crims feeder club and then France but I’m not sure where he is now. I doubt we would sign him

On 13 January, it was reported that Simona was preparing a formal bid to overturn his indefinite ban from the game. It was revealed that Simona was preparing to meet with the Rugby League Players Association. On July 4, the NRL approved his application to return to the game, for Blacktown, the feeder club for the Manly-Warringah Sea-Eagles On 13 July, Simona returned to the field for the first time in over 2 years as Blacktown defeated South Sydney 30-22 at ANZ Stadium in the Canterbury Cup NSW competition.

He signed with French Elite One Championship club Lézignan Sangliers for the 2019-2020 season

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tim has been playing rugby union for Eastwood.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The original point made by Turvey Chip.. was that Mortimer won 4 premierships so he should be considered an immortal before Cronk. I was simply stating: Cronk has also won 4.

Everything else is windowdressing.

You might prefer the game of the 80's but the game today and the players involved are objectively more professional. Bigger, faster, fitter and stronger.
Covens it's debatable the points you and the others make.. however the point of measuring players under different decades can't be just on stats of win /loss. The fact is also one era is professional versus semi pro. The impacts players had on their teams in these decades and the competition is no doubt a feature to be acknowledged 100%. If you were to also note the rules and the tactics of each club and coach it's so important to note this aswell. Think of Mj v LeBron Kobe v Magic. All are deserved champions but Mj brings us through a journey of best to never win a ring to eventually become the holder of 2 separate trilogies of rings at a100% win rate.
His legacy and the way teams played change because of him.. Steph Curry is similar in today's game as to what he and Thompson did with the 3 ptr. Point is Turvey is without the most accomplished game breaker and lead NSW against legendary QLD teams to be the first NSW campaign winning campaign is legendary. Cronk is an absolutely wonderful player. He was blessed with many great teams, an extra 5mtrs space between teams and a professional work set up. If Turvey gets that extra time and space to make decisions and set up plays I believe he would destroy defences He gets protected by referees and is likely to play a longer career and potentially more gf wins.

So this is one view, mine but so many more can be debated and healthy discussions make these wonderful players a joy to watch and appreciate..

My Favourite halves in order and by era.

80'S
- S Mortimer /T Lamb
- Peter Sterling/B Kenny
- Des Hasler/ Wally's Lewis
90's
- L Daley/ R Stuart
- A Johns
- S Jones
- C Lyons
- B Fittler
- D Lockyer
- B Marshall
- B Kimmorley
2010 - now
- Thurston
- Cronk
- D Cherry Evans
- N Clearly

Last edited:

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just read a rumour suggesting Barrett has enquired for Paul Momorovski for 2021. Legit no idea if it’s true but someone mentioned it on the West Tigers forum.
Wouldnt be a bad buy. Maybe means hoppa to fullback?