Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Liverpool FC 2020/21. It’s a testament to the club we have built when you consider the following.

Start the season as champions .
Our roster has been tested due to injury from start of season until today .
numerous players have missed matches due to injury or COVID isolation .

Here you Mourinio you tool......,
Virgil , Gomez , Matip , Alison , Keita, Jota , Thiago, Ox , Milner , Trent , Henderson , Mane ( COVID) , Salah ( COVID and injury) , Shaqiri , Tsimikas. Most of these players have been out for an extended period, not 1 or 2 matches.

No problem though for this club, kids like Curtis Jones , Neco Williams and Rhys Williams ( Liverpool academy players ) have stepped up and done the job.

Injuries may have hurt us but VAR has hurt us more stealing 4 points from us.
Take Spurs goal today which looked offside, if we had scored it I’m certain VAR would have zoomed in so much and drawn 4 or 5 lines and found us to be offside by 5 millimeters.

Many had written us off with all the sets backs but we are top of the table.
YNWA

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah, Mourinho is a top guy ...

"With this yellow card and the behaviour of these guys they have on the touchline, putting incredible pressure on referees I feared for a possible second yellow card. So I took him off."

Shame he has to be this way. Remember him being like this at United and it was the beginning of the end. Don't see why he needs to do it when Spurs are doing pretty well

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Firmino is world class

Liverpool would be walking the league with a full fit roster. Tottenham have done well with Jose, very organised team.

The table doesn't get much better lol Everton and United battling for 10th. Arsenal in an absolute mess. The only serious challengers are Leicester and Spurs. Rodgers and Mourinho the only top quality managers of the big teams. Arteta, Lampard and Ole are a joke.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Firmino is world class

Liverpool would be walking the league with a full fit roster. Tottenham have done well with Jose, very organised team.

The table doesn't get much better lol Everton and United battling for 10th. Arsenal in an absolute mess. The only serious challengers are Leicester and Spurs. Rodgers and Mourinho the only top quality managers of the big teams. Arteta, Lampard and Ole are a joke.
Way too early to be writing off any team mate. It's going to be a very close season.

Surprised you say Rodgers is a top manager considering their CL qualifying choke last season plus how they're playing this season. Rodgers is good but not great.

City will get back into it. As will Chelsea. Liverpool will drop points as it's just how this season will work.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Way too early to be writing off any team mate. It's going to be a very close season.

Surprised you say Rodgers is a top manager considering their CL qualifying choke last season plus how they're playing this season. Rodgers is good but not great.

City will get back into it. As will Chelsea. Liverpool will drop points as it's just how this season will work.
Look I know you are trying to play it down. Pep and City are washed.

I think Tottenham can win it next year but Levy needs to spend big. The other teams just do not have serious coaches. Moyes and Hassenhutl are out performing amateurs like Lampard, Ole & Arteta on shoe string budgets. It is going to come down to who has the best manager. Right now Klopp is the best in the world.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Look I know you are trying to play it down. Pep and City are washed.

I think Tottenham can win it next year but Levy needs to spend big. The other teams just do not have serious coaches. Moyes and Hassenhutl are out performing amateurs like Lampard, Ole & Arteta on shoe string budgets. It is going to come down to who has the best manager. Right now Klopp is the best in the world.
I'm not trying to play down anything. People are just getting too far ahead of themselves. We're only 3 points ahead of Spurs. If United win their two games in hand they're only 2 points behind is. City win their game in hand they're 5 points behind us.

No team is out of it, and just because we beat Spurs it doesn't mean we'll win the league.

Just relax mate. Let's see where all the teams stand in January.

If Spurs don't win it this year, they'll struggle next year. This is the year they can win it. In the future they'll have no chance. Chelsea will be more settled next year. City will spend big. We'll also spend big

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not trying to play down anything. People are just getting too far ahead of themselves. We're only 3 points ahead of Spurs. If United win their two games in hand they're only 2 points behind is. City win their game in hand they're 5 points behind us.

No team is out of it, and just because we beat Spurs it doesn't mean we'll win the league.

Just relax mate. Let's see where all the teams stand in January.

If Spurs don't win it this year, they'll struggle next year. This is the year they can win it. In the future they'll have no chance. Chelsea will be more settled next year. City will spend big. We'll also spend big
United are a joke LOL Ole at the wheel and long may it continue. Pep needs a sabbatical or another billion to spend and maybe he can challenge.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
United are a joke LOL Ole at the wheel and long may it continue. Pep needs a sabbatical or another billion to spend and maybe he can challenge.
And if United win their 2 games in hand they're only 2 points behind us ...

Normally I'd agree with you, but this is an extroadinary year where normal form is thrown out the window. It's anyone's game and extremely difficult to predict.

Personally don't think United stand a chance, but we'll know more after the festive season. Have been saying it all along. If Liverpool are top come January then I think we'll be extremely hard to stop considering the amount of players that 'should' be coming back. Plus, I do expect us to make at least one signing in the window too.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In some ways, what we’ve achieved this year so far is fucking amazing. Smaaaashed by injuries, VAR shitfuckery and yet top of the table. Awesome times, thank you Mr Klopp!

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lineup leaked already lol.

Ali
Trent
Fab
Matip
Robbo
Hendo
Gini
Naby
Minamino
Firmino
Mane
#LFC

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lineup leaked already lol.

Ali
Trent
Fab
Matip
Robbo
Hendo
Gini
Naby
Minamino
Firmino
Mane
#LFC
Such an important game this one. Great beating Spurs, but we need to keep the momentum going and get a win against Palace who're going to be really tough. Massive massive game.

Really hope that Milner & Thiago are back soon as Gini needs a rest. THe guy is just knackered.

Interesting seeing Minamino in the front three. Personally I thought the best football I've seen him play recently was when he came on in midfield against Fulham. Nice little touches here and there. No sure if he's suited for the front three?

Strong line up and can't wait for the game. Going to be a touch one!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Such an important game this one. Great beating Spurs, but we need to keep the momentum going and get a win against Palace who're going to be really tough. Massive massive game.

Really hope that Milner & Thiago are back soon as Gini needs a rest. THe guy is just knackered.

Interesting seeing Minamino in the front three. Personally I thought the best football I've seen him play recently was when he came on in midfield against Fulham. Nice little touches here and there. No sure if he's suited for the front three?

Strong line up and can't wait for the game. Going to be a touch one!
Taki just needs some game time and I'm happy for him to get it in either position at this stage. He runs all day but seems to get ignored when in some space :tearsofjoy:

I think I read that Milner and Shaq are back next week, Thiago hopefully full training then also.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We're going concede at this rate