Official Josh Addo-Carr joins the pack

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cotric played on the right wing. Fox plays left. Burton seemed to play mostly on the left. It’s possible
I'm not sure how accurate this is but a few people on here have been saying Cotric prefers, or at least is better suited at, right centre. @Kempsey Dog I think it was?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ve Had 3 get out of your chair and yell from happiness moments at work this year. 1 was lakers lifting the trophy. 1 was burton and the other was this today.

Don’t remember the last time we picked up this quality of players. I mean 09 was good with ennis, stagg, Hannant, Morris, kimmorley and beast. But these are up there in terms of excitement.

in burton and flanno you have the 2 best halves under 22. Cotric is a rep quality player and still super young (even has a couple of kangaroo caps to his name) and jac is without a doubt one of the most exciting players in the comp. and that list doesn’t include the grunt and firebrands we picked up for the pack.
The 09 recruitment was astonishly good. Without a doubt. The talent we signed then is better than now as all of those players were established 1st graders, no?

However ... in regards to long-term potential what we're doing now is beyond anything I can recall when it comes to recruitment. Happy to be corrected, but I don't remember us ever buying players such as these who could literally be here for another 6+ years together at least. This is what excites me the most.

They all will need time, but signing Cotric & JAC PLUS extending Avo's contract is masterclass. Getting the calibre of Burton & Flannagan in who can be our halves for another 6+ years both just starting out their 1st grade careers. Brilliant.

If we get in this yougn prop from the Panthers, and a hooker ... All seemingly at good prices. All still with a lot to prove and not here as their last paycheck. All buying into the club culture.

Never in my 40+ years of supporting the Dogs have I been this excited about recruitment.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The 09 recruitment was astonishly good. Without a doubt. The talent we signed then is better than now as all of those players were established 1st graders, no?

However ... in regards to long-term potential what we're doing now is beyond anything I can recall when it comes to recruitment. Happy to be corrected, but I don't remember us ever buying players such as these who could literally be here for another 6+ years together at least. This is what excites me the most.

They all will need time, but signing Cotric & JAC PLUS extending Avo's contract is masterclass. Getting the calibre of Burton & Flannagan in who can be our halves for another 6+ years both just starting out their 1st grade careers. Brilliant.

If we get in this yougn prop from the Panthers, and a hooker ... All seemingly at good prices. All still with a lot to prove and not here as their last paycheck. All buying into the club culture.

Never in my 40+ years of supporting the Dogs have I been this excited about recruitment.
So so true.

We never, but never, buy best in the position. The JAC signing is awesome.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Yeh I completely agree. 09 was a great transformation. But this year with the youth and with JAC potentially pursuing the 1 jersey. We just rebuilt 75% of our spine. And I’m sure we aren’t sticking with JMK either.

But like you said. I have never been so excited with recruitment and the team. You can tell we are a club building for something which sadly up until 6 months ago didn’t seem likely for Atleast another 2-3 years.

Hats off to everyone involved with the club from the CEO and chairman, to coach, staff and even steve the security guard on the door at the leagues club.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I mean, if we want to spend a billion dollars on our outside backs, sure. Hopefully Averillo kills it @ fullback and we can plug the remaining gaps with some cheapish players.
But was there someone you wanted specifically?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Great news for the club as we got him at a reasonable price. The rumours were strong that he’d go to Souths but they most likely don’t have anywhere near the room we have in our cap. IF he was to play FB where does that leave Hopa? Will he be shifted to centre? Or ask for a release? I know from reading an article earlier this year that Hopa did say he prefers to play at FB so I’m tipping JAC will be on the wing until Hopa moves on or retires.
Hoppa is off contract along with about 13 others at the end of 2021 and with JAC arriving 2022 it may not be an issue. We’ll again have some good money to spend for 2022, though it’s important we keep enough for eventual pay rises for The Flange, Burton etc. For me it’s hard to see Hoppa being re-signed after this contract even though he’ll only be 29 a year from now and probably has another couple of years in him. He’s lost pace, but may depend on how he goes in ‘21. Regardless he’s been a good servant and was our clubman of the year in 2019. I’ll admit I’m surprised about JAC, I thought he was likely Redfern bound too.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
9 News are about to do a story on the boys helping out with the charity xmas hampers which they will tie in with the signing of The Fox.

The media are starting to be nice to us.
We gotta be nice to them too.

No more unprofessional of the "stuff 'em" attitude.

Sponsors and us supporters want winners not surly excuses. Lets use them to build us back to where we deserve to be :grinning:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely this rules out any chance of Crichton now. There’s plenty of cap invested in Cotric, JAC and DWZ while anymore big ticket items in the outside back will have the cap looking very unbalanced.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If that’s the case I wouldn’t be surprised Hopa shops around for another club. He’s said he prefers and wants to play FB otherwise they’ll move one of the other two you’ve mentioned on.
He is off contract at the end of next year anyway, so it doesnt really matter what he wants. In any case, he wont be fb next year regardless.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just re-read the telegraph article (which is about as useful as a blind L’ plate driver).

But apparently we see JAC as a winger. Barrett wants to implement some new things to his roll as a winger to get him more involved. But Hill said we are still pursing a hooker and fullback :dizzy:

Not sure how we will do it. But I’m not complaining at all :p

I guess that’s the upside of wasting huge money of dud players. Once they go you use their money for rep players :p

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 1. 6. 7. 9 win premierships. The 2 and 5 don’t.
You would think that Addo Carr plays fullback.
Be great if he and Burton could play in 2021 for Canterbury. They’d be a chance of making the 8. If not it’s a likely 11th to 13th position.