Opinion JAC, Burton and Mansour.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Particularly now we could get Widdop for 300k and just wait for Burton.
I don't see the point of getting an experienced 6 for a year if we have to wait for Burton, it's not like we can assemble a GF winning team in an offseason anyway. Give the 6 to Averillo and let him continue his development there.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a team.!!!
That team is quicker and more dynamic across the park than this year. It will win more games than it loses . . . Way more direction, attack,line breaks and tries next year for sure
1 JAC
2 DWZ /Meaney
3 Cotric
4 Averillo
5 Mansour / Okunbor
6 Burton
7 Flanagan
8 Thompson
9 SKatoa / JMK
10 Ogden
11 Jackson
12 RFM
13 Elliott
14 Doory
15 Atoni
16 Hetherington
17 Waddell
18 Wakeham / Napa
19 CSmith/ Britt

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't see the point of getting an experienced 6 for a year if we have to wait for Burton, it's not like we can assemble a GF winning team in an offseason anyway. Give the 6 to Averillo and let him continue his development there.
That’s a good option too, I was thinking he might be a possibility at centre, I could see him being a bit like Lomax from the dragons in a couple of seasons. It’s nice to have all these possibilities now , with money and spaces still available. And someone smart in control of it all,with good advisors and support . . . And don’t get me started on our facilities !!!

Jebbundy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Go back and read what you actually posted "top 10 wingers", I don't see any examples of teams with 2 x top 10 NRL wingers.
Morris, not any more. hasn't been for ~4 years.
Furguson, dropped like a stone 2 years ago, Parramatta would flick him tomorrow if they could.
Coats & Oats from the spoon winners, seriously.

Looking at it another way, Penrith won 17 games straight and the JJG Shield, with Mansour and To'O on the wings, are both of those top 10 NRL wingers? Mansour maybe 3 or 4 years ago, now, they can't wait to offload him.

If we land JAC then we have 1 winger in the top 10, arguably the top 1. The Cap won't let us sign/hold/keep another one, unless we sacrifice some other position to fit one in, which is pretty stupid Cap management.

Go Dogs
That’s if we land jac, we haven’t got him, if we don’t, then we haven’t got any? Fergo was fine when they got him, Morris had a great yr?
They are looking to get rid of him now he’s useless, but when he was great he played nsw and was playing great footy, now he’s not they are moving on. Coats and oats, that was Brisbane this yr, I’d have them happily in all honesty, baz may turn ours around, but what I said was meany isn’t at the moment going to crack that top 10. We don’t have jac so I’m looking at what we have.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey I hope so, but he has little ball skills, and isn’t bending the line on runs, he may bulk up but injury comes with it. Hey I hope I’m wrong but also wouldn’t be surprised if he disappeared over the next few seasons, regardless we’re they play, you want them pushing for representative games, if you can see meany playing for Australia or nsw one day, keep him, if he’s never going to crack that top 10 wingers......what have we kept?

I personally think Meaney looked far stronger in his runs this year. His support play from #1 IMO was better than Hoppa. Great under the high ball. It's interesting that opinions on him are so varied. But I don't think he's going to fade away from the NRL.

Jebbundy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I personally think Meaney looked far stronger in his runs this year. His support play from #1 IMO was better than Hoppa. Great under the high ball. It's interesting that opinions on him are so varied. But I don't think he's going to fade away from the NRL.
Yeah I liked him at fullback too, I like the kid, opinions a very varied with him, I’m just not sure he’s in my run on squad for a gf win, not yet anyway, he’s there and one of the best we have right now. But let’s just say hypothetically you could choose two wingers is he in your squad?
I do think baz will have to be looking at getting into finals in the next few yrs, coaching is not safe these days. I think this will be an amazing gig for him, best chance he’s had and I think he will be there for a long time, but he’ll have that pressure also, they all do. They all may prove to be outstanding under the new look bulldogs. Could be the change they all needed.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mansour wants more than a year or hed be signed already.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I liked him at fullback too, I like the kid, opinions a very varied with him, I’m just not sure he’s in my run on squad for a gf win, not yet anyway, he’s there and one of the best we have right now. But let’s just say hypothetically you could choose two wingers is he in your squad?
I do think baz will have to be looking at getting into finals in the next few yrs, coaching is not safe these days. I think this will be an amazing gig for him, best chance he’s had and I think he will be there for a long time, but he’ll have that pressure also, they all do. They all may prove to be outstanding under the new look bulldogs. Could be the change they all needed.
To start the year I'd probably have him as my first choice at fullback. Many want Averillo there. And while he has some X factor. I haven't seen him defuse the high ball. He's still succeptable to going quiet when he cops a big hit and has a poor defensive read in him at centre. I don't know how far he's going to progress through the off season. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be in the team. But I think Meaney is safe with potential to bloom as an attacking fullback if our halves create. Our 1-5 is very much undecided in my opinion. The fact that so much argument exists shows that a few positions are clearly begging for players to stake a claim for them. I'm not able to watch the lower grades, so I don't know how our reserves were even before the juniors were shut down this year. But we may see some surprising debutants.

Jebbundy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To start the year I'd probably have him as my first choice at fullback. Many want Averillo there. And while he has some X factor. I haven't seen him defuse the high ball. He's still succeptable to going quiet when he cops a big hit and has a poor defensive read in him at centre. I don't know how far he's going to progress through the off season. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be in the team. But I think Meaney is safe with potential to bloom as an attacking fullback if our halves create. Our 1-5 is very much undecided in my opinion. The fact that so much argument exists shows that a few positions are clearly begging for players to stake a claim for them. I'm not able to watch the lower grades, so I don't know how our reserves were even before the juniors were shut down this year. But we may see some surprising debutants.
Yeah I completely agree with that, it’s a lot of who knows, avo hasn’t been tested at all, we still have 3 spots, my only look out for things was we need strength and experience around our two new young halves, that’s where I was getting at, they need that safety, we need to surround them with a great balance. Or the pressure will be massive. We also have only just started, so I’m just waiting and watching. Prob a tad insecure from the last few yrs.