Josh Addo Carr - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew McMurtrynews.com.au

Last season it was Latrell Mitchell, this season it’s Josh Addo-Carr’s contract saga that has drawn on as the Origin winger looks to secure his future.

The deal worked out well for Mitchell, coming into his own with the Rabbitohs, and it looks like it will be equally good for Addo-Carr who has reportedly been offered a big money contract in Sydney.
Kayo is your ticket to the best sport streaming Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Addo-Carr is still contracted to the Melbourne Storm for the 2021 season after the Storm released a statement that the flyer would remain with the defending champions for the 2021 season with his early release rescinded.
He had been putting feelers out in a move to Sydney to be closer to family, Addo-Carr was pursued by the Wests Tigers and Canterbury Bulldogs while South Sydney were also floated as a landing point.
Having made his debut for the Wests Tigers in 2016 before moving to the Storm, Addo-Carr has been forward about moving to fullback, with the position seen as a more lucrative position that on the wing.
The Daily Telegraphreported that Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis said that the club was now out of the running.
“We are only interested in engaging with players who want to come and play for us,” he said. “And if the perception is the player doesn’t wish to come to the Wests Tigers because their manager doesn’t engage with us, well, that is fine by us. I am not going to lose any sleep over it and we move on to greener pastures.”
The report also said the Newcastle Knights were making a surprise play for Addo-Carr as well.

[https://video]

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

[https://video]

[https://cdn]

Josh Addo-Carr, a two-time premiership winner with the Storm.Source:Getty Images

But despite staying in Melbourne next year — with a rumoured upgrade to $375,000 for the season — Nine’s Danny Weidler posted on Twitter earlier this afternoon that Trent Barrett’s Bulldogs had put in a big offer — “above $2m” over four years from season 2022.

Barrett has been splashing the cash since being named the club’s coach, adding Nick Cotric, Kyle Flanagan, Matt Burton and potentially Addo-Carr in moves that would no doubt improve the club’s offensive prowess.
But it’s a brutal blow for the Tigers, who reportedly had a “heads of” agreement — essentially a drafted but, non-binding agreement.
Addo-Carr is one of the fastest players in the NRL and has scored 79 tries in just 105 matches, while being a mainstay of the NSW Origin set up and a Kangaroos representative.
If th sets correct is $500k a year over 4 years worth it and is that to play fb or wing?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck I hope we get this done, he will be great in the blue and white.
Will NOT go to Newcastle that's just spin so we are in position A or B at worst..an official announcement by next Monday/Tuesday hopefully

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the big sports breakfast this morning dean Ritchie said that JACs preferencece is to go to the rabbits but its a matter of whether he is prepared to play for less money than the dogs would offer him....all this bullshit people saying JAC jas been signed ...its just false...i have always said from day 1 that he wil be at the rabbits

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
On the big sports breakfast this morning dean Ritchie said that jac preferencece is to go to the rabbits butcits a matter of whether hecis orepared to pay for kess nobeycthan the dogs woukd offer him....all this bullshit oeople sayingvits acdon er deal well its not....i have akways said from day 1 that he wil be at the rabbits
Sort of understand what you are saying but not totally..

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On the big sports breakfast this morning dean Ritchie said that jac preferencece is to go to the rabbits butcits a matter of whether hecis orepared to pay for kess nobeycthan the dogs woukd offer him....all this bullshit oeople sayingvits acdon er deal well its not....i have akways said from day 1 that he wil be at the rabbits
Bro, even google translate doesnt know what you're saying. WTF

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah ... I'd say it's more the board 'playing chess' as you say. No doubt Baz has input, but all of the negotiations etc. will be done by the board members and the recruitment team. IMO
Yep this is how it happens.. would help having a well regarded coach such as Baz to assist enticing players, just not involved in the admin & negotiation of the recruitment.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sort of understand what you are saying but not totally..
I have no effin idea what is going on here... this is similar to the gibberish that nasheed would write...
In saying that I usually enjoy Piggys posts....maybe post is after a big night or not enough kip....

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looking back at what happened with Mitchell. It's clear that we were in the game for him, and seemingly confident that he'd come to us ... at the beginning at least. Though this is more through what we saw in the media. However, we were very quick to make it known we were no longer in the race for him.

So ... if JAC is indeed playing us to get a deal, or better deal at Souths then I've got 100% confidence in the club that they'll pull the pin on this soon enough. I think it's natural these days for managers to play things out in the media, which I feel is happening here.

However, the fact that he apparently walked out on a heads agreement or whatever that was with the Tigers says something. Clearly he had something else in his mind. He then comes to the club in a very public show a few weeks after walking out on that agreement. And then a story follows that we've made a reasonable offer to sign him.

Of course this could all be a ploy by his manager to get Souths to play ball? But ... I do have my doubts. Too much smoke imo.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think straight18 has hacked your account or you’ve had a stroke. Are you ok?

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Lol

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what reason are Melbourne going to pay him more for a season, when he is already contracted there for that season and they know he is leaving after it???
Because like all other players the compassionate ground excuse was mainly just a money grab for next year. The storm are still in their premiership window and convinced him to back out of the heads of agreement with the tigers by slinging him an extra $100k for next year.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
you should probably run with braille for your next post

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you can swap a Smith for a Addo-Carr that will be like putting your hand into a toilet and pulling out a gold watch :p

Makes sense what is happening. He "stays at storm" tigers get the hint, they drop out. Dogs come in with a big offer over numerous seasons (apparently 500-550k range). He signs with dogs, storm release him, they have Smith..... win win all round :p

What will probably happen is he goes souths, and we will have meaney, Zelezniak and the midget crichton on the wings :p

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must be hard to type with trotters...
D8F98D65-989B-4EEF-84AD-0D0A4DA83408.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.