Should people with high mileage cars be embarrassed?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Motorhead, agree a V8 sounds better but WRX don't sound too bad..

What's worse is a V8 sounding tough but getting trampled on by a WRX. That's what would happen to an old ford xy gtho.. it's embarrassing making all the noise like many v8s then copping a punch from a turbo AWD to be sat down.

I owned a late model ford supercharged V8 with 650hp.. with enough road it was plenty fast but off a set of lights I wouldnt pick a fight with an AWD turbo car. You won't know which way it went. Not enough road to reel it in..
Thinking of dumping twin turbos instead of a supercharger in the beast.

What do you think? Hairdryers or S/C?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

My honest opinion is leave it as is, it has more than enough, keep some reliability.

But if you must, Top mount PD supercharger ... much Cleaner install and make heavy torque everywhere, zero lag and plenty of power. No messy piping everywhere like turbo.

Turbos will go harder but a shit of an installation. Probably double the cost for a bit more go. But more laggy in its performance. But for the street the supercharger will already fry the tyres, turbo more like an off on switch. just Fry's them a bit more.

Consider a procharger also. Unique , big side mount installation. I had one in an older ford V8, more gradual build up of power but has a big stonking top end that never stops building power.

All illegal without certification. So beware as cops could have you remove it or insurance not pay in event of a smash

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All my cars have had big Kms. Im not embarrassed that Ive gotten years of use out of them, that I didnt have to pay mechanics to work on them.
The most expensive car Ive bought cost $6.5K. I cant get my head around those that spend 5X that knowing their cars will be worth less than that in 10 years time beacuse they cant or just couldnt be bothered looking after them.

Nothing wrong with a dirty old Toyota motor with huge Kms. Feed em what they need and they keep on going.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All my cars have had big Kms. Im not embarrassed that Ive gotten years of use out of them, that I didnt have to pay mechanics to work on them.
The most expensive car Ive bought cost $6.5K. I cant get my head around those that spend 5X that knowing their cars will be worth less than that in 10 years time beacuse they cant or just couldnt be bothered looking after them.

Nothing wrong with a dirty old Toyota motor with huge Kms. Feed em what they need and they keep on going.
Maybe just maybe one day you will get a low km car, you might see the light.

It's like car audio, you think you have a nice system until you hear a nice system , then your changed forever

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe just maybe one day you will get a low km car, you might see the light.

It's like car audio, you think you have a nice system until you hear a nice system , then your changed forever
Car cabin is the shittest environment by design for audio. A single 12" sub tuned for punch (not drone) to compliment the rears is as far as im willing to go. Money's better spent on amps/speakers for the home.

I drive hire cars if I have to go interstate for work. I havent driven flash cars by any means but newer cars, late model holdens etc do nothing for me. I like my old bombs better.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Car cabin is the shittest environment by design for audio. A single 12" sub tuned for punch (not drone) to compliment the rears is as far as im willing to go. Money's better spent on amps/speakers for the home.

I drive hire cars if I have to go interstate for work. I havent driven flash cars by any means but newer cars, late model holdens etc do nothing for me. I like my old bombs better.
Who needs a stereo when you have a symphony of 8 angry cylinders growling and roaring in perfect harmony?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who needs a stereo when you have a symphony of 8 angry cylinders growling and roaring in perfect harmony?
Agreed. If only I could afford and old Holden, Ford, Charger. Charger wouldnt have to be an 8, Id happily take a 265.

My lil beasty is 4AGE but it doesnt sound like a wet fart squeezed out like most. Its throaty. I dont have a stereo in that car, I like to hear the thing rev out.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got plenty subs if anyone wants to buy. Lol..

I've had some monster systems in my car.. had a car go 146db. I drove through Fairfield heights once, a girl I know was getting her hair done, she said all the mirrors in the hair dresser rattled and 20 seconds later she sees my car drive by.

The car in front would be rattling everywhere with this system pumping. No bullshit.

I had a shaved head and in the car you could literally feel your hair move as it pumped.

These days it's only a single 12 in my cars, enough for the cabin without rearranging hair dressers furniture.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
5 years ago I bought a Craptiva... biggest mistake of my life, currently on my 4th gearbox and having multiple issues with faulty sensors...

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
5 years ago I bought a Craptiva... biggest mistake of my life, currently on my 4th gearbox and having multiple issues with faulty sensors...
I haven't heard one good thing about those shitboxes

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score

have you ever driven a turbo’ed v8? You’ll get bored with a blower, turbos are way more fun :grinning:

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Honda S2000 01 model 99,000km. They’re going for crazy high prices atm.
a few years ago you could buy an s2k for low teens lol. Good thing they’ve gone up, my parents own the 57th one made :grinning: it sits in their garage, only done 80000km in 21yrs and most of that was from when I borrowed it because I’d smashed a diff in the commonwhore I used to have lol