Naden tests positive to cocaine.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This may work against us signing Burton now.
Naden will stay on Penrith's books until the ASADA case is closed, e.g. Xerri.
If Penrith promote May to centre, Burton becomes the utility.
Naden has already admitted the drug use, did it before the results of the sample came back and has already completed a recognised rehabilitation program. No need to wait for the B sample results. The "usual" suspension for NRL player using recreational drugs is 2 years (eg; Kenworthy and WSailor), but having owned up and done the program there is provision for it to only be 1 year, with 1 year suspended. Plus he can claim that the racial abuse he was subjected to pushed him into the drug use, he may even get off with less..

Very different to Xerri as it was performance enhancing drugs, multiple serious performance enhancing drugs, which is a 4 year suspension and he didn't own up before hand and as far as I know has not done any rehabilitation or training programs. He's farked.

Go Dogs

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Naden has already admitted the drug use, did it before the results of the sample came back and has already completed a recognised rehabilitation program. No need to wait for the B sample results. The "usual" suspension for NRL player using recreational drugs is 2 years (eg; Kenworthy and WSailor), but having owned up and done the program there is provision for it to only be 1 year, with 1 year suspended. Plus he can claim that the racial abuse he was subjected to pushed him into the drug use, he may even get off with less..

Very different to Xerri as it was performance enhancing drugs, multiple serious performance enhancing drugs, which is a 4 year suspension and he didn't own up before hand and as far as I know has not done any rehabilitation or training programs. He's farked.

Go Dogs
the other problem is being in the bubble, how did he get it? im only assuming here, but i reckon penrith knew and thats why may played in front of him.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If that means they hang on to Burton as utility then I guess the only upside then is at least he will get more first grade experience.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is there a reasoning for doing so?
Not sure it’s just a company policy. They can say whatever they want for reasoning. It’s instant dismissal also for anyone caught breaching the guidelines. That’s alcohol and drug testing.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Heard it’s a 3 month suspension at most

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Obviously different cases to Xerri, however the way Xerri has dragged out the b-sample testing, going to a hearing / tribunal combined with ASADA's knuckle dragging has ensured that Xerri's portion of the salary cap has been included all year.
If Naden was going to get a couple of years, which is likely, with one year remaining on his contract he'd be silly to not drag it out and get paid.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Madone. I thought it said Nasheed tested postive for cocaine, but then I realised Nasheed is a ICE man. Where is my little Lebanese friend by the way ?

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are players tested for these types of drugs anyway? It's not performance enhancing, and its not a safety issue (they aren't operating heavy machinery).

How many of us are drug tested in our jobs (outside, say, mining and transport jobs)?
I work in an office and I am subjected to Alcohol and Drug testing, the justification is reputational risk to the organisation. If I'm not happy I can find a job elsewhere, and if I refuse to be tested it is treated the same as a positive result.

707_2Belmore

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are players tested for these types of drugs anyway? It's not performance enhancing, and its not a safety issue (they aren't operating heavy machinery).

How many of us are drug tested in our jobs (outside, say, mining and transport jobs)?
More an issue of criminal activity ‘infiltrating’ professional sport. If players are able to get their hands on recreational/ illicit drugs then their personal lives and who they interact with come under the microscope. It’s all about keeping a clean image in pro sports. Learnt about it during one of my classes for my postgrad. More to it but that’s kind of the jist of it.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Keep testing them for performing enhancing but leave them alone for party drugs for two weeks fuck

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Also he went and asked for help straight after this test. Knew he was gone

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ive heard a rumour he allegedly trashed a house in Penrith as well may come out soon

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I like the way its being portrayed by Penrith in there statement, "recreational drug", Its also an Illegal drug

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s crazy is that you can legally be doped up on opioids and that’s ‘fine’ but recreational drug use kills your career.