Opinion Where does our forward pack rank?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We definitely aren't the biggest but we have the potential to be a very mobile pack that can keep up with the pace of today's game the way it is played. That is fast play the balls and defensively resetting your line quickly.

We just need offloading and second phase play from some of our forwards to get it out to the likes of Flanagan and Burton then out to the likes of Cotric and we'll lets throw him in JAC.

People are saying Napa is a liability. I'm not sure about that. Under Furner as defensive coach we'll see him be tighter in the middle along with Hetherington and with their tackling styles will be intimidating to the opposition which we have been lacking.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
The forwards are just that, a pack. There is probably no standout (except Thompson), and they will hunt as a pack.
It is so very important for Barrett to get his team selections right, and to use the bench constructively.
The team has a group who are not afraid of hard work, and I believe they will go well.
Thompson isn’t a great defender ,falls off tackles alot...hopefully he’s working on that over the pre-season.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love Ogden, not sure why ppl keep leaving him out???

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm hoping to see big improvements with Renouf under the new coaching team.

He already has the ability and shown to

1. Break tackles
2. Get his hands free for an offload and in some cases pop some amazing offloads
3. Footwork at the line
4. Been big enough to tackle some the biggest props in the game, e.g. Junior Paulo, Haas.

So under proper coaching, hopefully all these things further improve.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If you're including Napa you need to leave one of Ogden or To'omaga out.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He needs to work on his defense, especially close to the line. He has at times in the past made the wrong decision about who to mark up against and also sometimes has come out of the line to put on a hit and left a hole which got exploited when he didn't wrap up the guy with the ball. Plenty of potential still, but needs some work.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ogden is good for an occasional big hit and line bending run but it’s everything else in his game that needs work. His ruck defence verges on being a liability and the pace of the game getting faster only makes it worse.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think a fully fit Chris Smith is hugely underrated. If he’s healthy I’d give him a bench spot for sure. He straightens up our attack, runs good lines has a bit of pace.

I think we’ve got some depth this year...pretty good pack
I think he's shit.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Okay so this is how I think our forwards will lineup next season.

8. Thompson
9. Wakeham
10. Klemmer
11. RFM
12. Elliott
13. Jackson

14. JMK
15. Atoni
16. Waddell
17. Hetherington

I think most sides will be backrow heavy given the 30 they've named so far with a few out and out props sprinkled thorough out the 17.

Edit: added Hetherington

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

8. Thompson
9. Wakeham
10. Klemmer
11. RFM
12. Elliott
13. Jackson

14. JMK
15. Atoni
16. Waddell
17. Stimson

I think most sides will be backrow heavy given the 30 they've named so far with a few out and out props sprinkled thorough out the 17.
Have you got some mail on Klemmer that we don't know about ? Please share.....

That lineup actually looks much better and is on par with some of the other teams..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

8. Thompson
9. Wakeham
10. Klemmer
11. RFM
12. Elliott
13. Jackson

14. JMK
15. Atoni
16. Waddell
17. Stimson

That piece of shit is not welcome back, he can fuck off

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Have you got some mail on Klemmer that we don't know about ? Please share.....

That lineup actually looks much better and is on par with some of the other teams..
Napa to Knights, Klemmer to dogs. I didn't make it up but someone else might've :/

But seriously were probably one very good forward away from having a very good pack that will compete most weeks, maybe we sign someone, maybe someone at the club becomes that forward..

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm having lunch with him right now, do you want me to tell him?!!!
Please feel free to tell him that he is a bitch, a slow play the ball fuck, he cant offload, he backs into defence, he scares no-one and most of all he ain't welcome at the Dogs.

P.S Go fuck yourself or Mitchel's dog.