Mr fix it.... tell us your stories.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Internal TV antenna snapped a few years back when I had an analogue tv. I unscrewed the cap, took some of the insulation off the cables, loosened the screws, wrapped the exposed cables under the screws, then tightened them, and put the cap back on.

Worked like a charm.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So I had bugger all water pressure in my shower at the mental hospital, so I stole a butter knife and ripped the shower head off the wall and puller out the flow restrictor.

Now it hits me like a tsunami.

Good timesView attachment 18891View attachment 18892View attachment 18893View attachment 18894
I do this pretty much every hotel I go to. Except one in NY we went to. Turned the shower on there and it nearly put a hole in the wall. Never felt such pressure. It was awesome.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I changed my oil and filter on the car on friday, does that count?
I also defied and discouraged the 'life control' experiment so that the Government will never try that again on anybody.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I changed my oil and filter on the car on friday, does that count?
I also defied and discouraged the 'life control' experiment so that the Government will never try that again on anybody.
Bloody oaf it counts, anything tat requires tools and a high probability of swearing counts ;)

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bloody oaf it counts, anything tat requires tools and a high probability of swearing counts ;)
Sounds like you're bored shitless Caveman. I hope you don't have to hang out in the mental hospital too long and that all is well with you.

Some of my Mr fix it moments.
Door handle in my niece's room broke and wouldn't move the bit that holds the door closed. Had to slide a plastic spatula (which was the only thing that would fit) in so she could get out by using it as a wedge to move the pin that goes into the door and get out.

Back when I kept aquariums, I could rig up filters to get the water flowing through a tank pretty much any way I wanted as well as creating my own special filters for different issues that arise in aquariums. Even made a couple of waterfalls to run into my tanks.

I've made a cart for my kayak which doesn't fit on a store bought set of wheels.

I've built a few aquarium stands.

Loads of things really.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Here's a video with a bit of commentary straight out of the mental hospital.

Yeah but didn't you solve a problem but create another :grinning:...the bloody shower curtain flapping around ya gettin in the way...worst thing about showers on a cruise! lol

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but didn't you solve a problem but create another :grinning:...the bloody shower curtain flapping around ya gettin in the way...worst thing about showers on a cruise! lol
If Caveman has a few coins handy and some duct tape (he is claiming MacGyver status) he can just weigh down the end with them to solve the issue.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
When the future ex-wife had our first kid the hospital charged to have access to free to air TV.
Had a look at the back of the TV, which had an ariel cable and another cable, unplugged the other cable - free TV. Just couldn't use the remote.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score