Opinion So far

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Afternoon
I’ve been watching the videos posted by media team and the vibe around the place seems to be great. The training looks more professional now baz said that the training will have purpose and science to it . The fresh approach seems to be working on the players.

Now since the end of last season although it being recent the changes to the front office there definitely was a problem regardless of who it was but it seems like the front office and footy department are in sync. The dis function wouldn’t have been good for the players.
I’m happy with the coaching line up assembled the new fresh approach will help.

the recruitment has been good 18 months ago no one would come here . Barrett appointment and furner as coach and assistant worked wonders to help land a few marks
We have signed Flanagan unplanned but acted swiftly once he was available
Matt burton for 22 but was a sort after target
Addo Carr I hope we get but he is touuring and etc. crotric on board already plus there is a few spots open I’m happy with what we have achieved the new board ain’t fucking around and acting quick I’m sure we will land a few more targets for next year. A centre and a Hooker priority and another prop.
I’m sure there is a few players that will be under Barrett’s eye
Another positive I like the new kit training gear and polos the jersey will be great too .
So far so good from what I’ve seen let’s hope we get out there and kick ass rd1 verse knights .

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah all good signs
I love Dean Pay but there is so much you can learn from “ effort plays” “your a young team” “we need 40-50 games into them” “ we need to get better at what we are doin”

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah all good signs
I love Dean Pay but there is so much you can learn from “ effort plays” “your a young team” “we need 40-50 games into them” “ we need to get better at what we are doin”
I respect that Pay was probably trying to take some heat off the players. But his public comments in the end wouldn't have installed a lot of self belief in the squad. It was only taking a ten minute period for the team to undo all the good work prior to it when a bit of panic seemed to set in.

Hopefully Barrett and crew can instill a mindset where players keep cool after a fuck up happens.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm a bit worried that they're not practising catching a tennis ball, but otherwise all good.
By all accounts the training equipment looks good too, hopefully we keep TB happy in that regard.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we could keep Des happy with all his sort after gizmos and gadgets, we certainly should be able to keep Barrett happy......for starters Trent gets to keep his lawn furniture at home :grinning: Manly are so cheap.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I respect that Pay was probably trying to take some heat off the players. But his public comments in the end wouldn't have installed a lot of self belief in the squad. It was only taking a ten minute period for the team to undo all the good work prior to it when a bit of panic seemed to set in.

Hopefully Barrett and crew can instill a mindset where players keep cool after a fuck up happens.
Lewis + Wakeham in the halves = 100% win rate for the opposition
Thankfully TB knows this so much less chance of panic and Dogs screwing up in matches

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So far so good, better than good actually :grinning: